An amusing coda from Virginia

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

An amusing coda from Virginia

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 am

A couple of years ago, Juli Briskman was riding her bike when she found herself pedaling past Donny's motorcade. No fan, she flipped him off. No big deal, except that a news photographer nearby caught the moment on film and it went viral.

It turns out that Ms. Briskman worked for a federal contractor. The contractor was afraid that Donny would retaliate so it fired her. (This would be illegal under California law, which considers political activity a protected class.) She sued and got a severance package.

Then she ran for office. And today, she beat a Republican incumbent for a seat on the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: An amusing coda from Virginia

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:07 am

The Democratic candidate who finished in a dead tie with her Republican opponent in 2017 and lost a random draw (which kept control of the lower house in VA in Republican hands) beat that same Republican last night by 18 points.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

Re: An amusing coda from Virginia

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:23 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:The Democratic candidate who finished in a dead tie with her Republican opponent in 2017 and lost a random draw (which kept control of the lower house in VA in Republican hands) beat that same Republican last night by 18 points.
The loser is a Yancey cousin of mine. He's from the William Lowndes Yancey family (look him up).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.