Fred Hopkins

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

Fred Hopkins

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:51 am

Back in 2018 my former neighbor ambushed and shot 7 law enforcement officers, killing 2. He has now been officially notified that the prosecutor will seek the Death Penalty
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

Re: Fred Hopkins

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:18 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:51 am
Back in 2018 my former neighbor ambushed and shot 7 law enforcement officers, killing 2. He has now been officially notified that the prosecutor will seek the Death Penalty
What's taking so long?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

#3 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:55 am

Fred Hopkins has pled guilty to murdering 2 law enforcement officers. His sentencing hearing is taking place now. The guilty plea took the death penalty off the table. We will die in prison. He is 80 years old
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

#4 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:57 am

This year has not been a good one for SC lawyers charged with murder.
Suitguy is not bitter.

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:24 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:57 am
This year has not been a good one for SC lawyers charged with murder.
The fact that he is still breathing makes it a good year for him. If it were fully my call, he would not be.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

#6 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:02 pm

Will there be anyone saying anything favorable about him at his sentencing? I doubt it.
Suitguy is not bitter.

#7 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:41 pm

Mr Hopkins, age 80, in a wheelchair and on oxygen was sentenced to life in prison
Suitguy is not bitter.