Audition information

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Audition information

#1 Post by gsabc » Tue May 13, 2008 9:06 am

Just noticed a conspicuous absence in the audition notice.

"Auditions for Season 7 of Millionaire are now taking place in New York City. Auditions usually take place Mondays-Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm. We will have four weeks available at any one time and will update as more dates become available, so keep checking back. "

No mention of the Wednesday and Thursday noon-2PM auditions. Uh-oh. Do I make my audit plane reservations for Wednesday evening (and add one night to my hotel stay), or just fly home Tuesday night right after the audit?
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Audition information

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue May 13, 2008 9:19 am

gsabc wrote:Just noticed a conspicuous absence in the audition notice.

"Auditions for Season 7 of Millionaire are now taking place in New York City. Auditions usually take place Mondays-Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm. We will have four weeks available at any one time and will update as more dates become available, so keep checking back. "

No mention of the Wednesday and Thursday noon-2PM auditions. Uh-oh. Do I make my audit plane reservations for Wednesday evening (and add one night to my hotel stay), or just fly home Tuesday night right after the audit?
Dunno. They can't use the ABC cafeteria for the auditions at lunchtime and that place they use across the street might not be available any more. But, then, they're not doing a very good job of having "four weeks available at any one time," are they?

You could wait for the taping auditions to start, but that would be a longer time commitment and would be very close to BD**2.

slam

#3 Post by slam » Tue May 13, 2008 9:19 am

Well, it does say "usually" so maybe there will still be the midday audition when you need it.

Right now, there are only 2 future dates available for sign-up (6/3 and 6/5). I'm surprised Skip the Intern hasn't gotten around to adding more dates.

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Tue May 13, 2008 9:27 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:You could wait for the taping auditions to start, but that would be a longer time commitment and would be very close to BD**2.
GW can promise you that the June audit is the last travel audit I will be doing until September.

Besides, taping may start the week of the wedding (Aug. 10). Once that week is over, I'm free whenever they want me. Might not be able to afford the trip to NYC by then, but what the heck.

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue May 13, 2008 9:34 am

gsabc wrote: Besides, taping may start the week of the wedding (Aug. 10).
If they're consistent with last year, I'd bet on starting the last week of July.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue May 13, 2008 9:38 am

slam wrote: Right now, there are only 2 future dates available for sign-up (6/3 and 6/5).
Also the evenings of 6/2 and 6/4 for the Movie Week auditions and Saturday, 6/14 for both the Movie Week and Regular test.

http://www.millionairetv.com/info-movies.html

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Tue May 13, 2008 11:08 am

gsabc wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:You could wait for the taping auditions to start, but that would be a longer time commitment and would be very close to BD**2.
GW can promise you that the June audit is the last travel audit I will be doing until September.

Besides, taping may start the week of the wedding (Aug. 10). Once that week is over, I'm free whenever they want me. Might not be able to afford the trip to NYC by then, but what the heck.
It occurs to me as I have been reading your comments, that BAM should have the parents of the bride on their "Play to Pay for Your Wedding" weeks, rather than the actual couple.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue May 13, 2008 11:18 am

earendel wrote: It occurs to me as I have been reading your comments, that BAM should have the parents of the bride on their "Play to Pay for Your Wedding" weeks, rather than the actual couple.
You obviously don't think like TPTB, who might graciously grant the parents of the bride a couple seconds airtime from the companion seats to say how proud their are of their daughter.

And gasbc has already told us that BD isn't interested. :(

gsabc

#9 Post by gsabc » Tue May 13, 2008 11:23 am

earendel wrote:
gsabc wrote:

It occurs to me as I have been reading your comments, that BAM should have the parents of the bride on their "Play to Pay for Your Wedding" weeks, rather than the actual couple.
Great idea! I'll have to suggest it during my interview.

As Marley said, BD isn't interested. She doesn't have the trivia gene, for one. For another, getting the appropriate leave time for FSIL to attend auditions and the taping would be impossible. If they both managed to pass the test, though, they'd be shoo-ins, especially if FSIL showed up in uniform.

15QuestionsAway

#10 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Tue May 13, 2008 1:54 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
gsabc wrote: Besides, taping may start the week of the wedding (Aug. 10).
If they're consistent with last year, I'd bet on starting the last week of July.
Taping starts July 21. However, with Meredith part of NBC's crew for the Olympics, there's not going to be taping in August unless it's with guest hosts.

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue May 13, 2008 1:57 pm

15QuestionsAway wrote:Taping starts July 21. However, with Meredith part of NBC's crew for the Olympics, there's not going to be taping in August unless it's with guest hosts.
I'd be glad to appear with a guest host!

S/he wouldn't have to explain to me how the game works or anything! 8)

gsabc

#12 Post by gsabc » Wed May 14, 2008 10:39 am

Famous Names week. Netflix Million Dollar Movie week. Play to Pay For Your Wedding week. How about an actual Someone Wins A Million Dollars week? Or even a quarter million? Has anyone actually seen a $500K question recently?

Interesting that the only notice about road auditions is on the Movie Week page. I dearly hope they're also giving regular tests at those.

MarleysGh0st

#13 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed May 14, 2008 11:17 am

gsabc wrote:Interesting that the only notice about road auditions is on the Movie Week page. I dearly hope they're also giving regular tests at those.
Yeah. Last year, they had everyone at the road auditions take both tests, whether they wanted to or not.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#14 Post by sunflower » Thu May 15, 2008 4:40 pm

In a way, I'm sad I can't audition again. Obviously I'm happy I was on the show, but there's nothing to look forward to anymore! Maybe someday they'll do All-Stars?!? :lol:

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#15 Post by silvercamaro » Thu May 15, 2008 4:44 pm

sunflower wrote:In a way, I'm sad I can't audition again. Obviously I'm happy I was on the show, but there's nothing to look forward to anymore! Maybe someday they'll do All-Stars?!? :lol:
Start watching for auditions for the show you'd like to try next.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#16 Post by sunflower » Thu May 15, 2008 4:46 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
sunflower wrote:In a way, I'm sad I can't audition again. Obviously I'm happy I was on the show, but there's nothing to look forward to anymore! Maybe someday they'll do All-Stars?!? :lol:
Start watching for auditions for the show you'd like to try next.
I definitely need to do that. I missed the Jeopardy online auditions by like 2 hours :(

And onair companion Rob doesn't want to try out for the Amazing Race this weekend!!! Which is probably for the best, not sure I could handle it...

gsabc

#17 Post by gsabc » Mon May 19, 2008 6:47 pm

The good news is that they aren't coming to Boston while I'm in NJ for my audit.

The bad news is that they are not doing the noon auditions that week, either. Just 5-7 PM, June 16th through 19th. ;-(

No way to make 5 PM on the day of the audit (17th). Staying through the 18th for the audition would get me home extremely late that day. The only thing I can see is getting in early enough on the 16th to make the audition. How long does a cab ride from NYC to Newark take, anyway? Leave ~7 PM, cab to Newark airport, pick up rental car and drive to hotel in New Brunswick (~30 minutes, according to Mapquest). Gotta do some planning here.

Bob Juch

#18 Post by Bob Juch » Mon May 19, 2008 7:28 pm

gsabc wrote:The good news is that they aren't coming to Boston while I'm in NJ for my audit.

The bad news is that they are not doing the noon auditions that week, either. Just 5-7 PM, June 16th through 19th. ;-(

No way to make 5 PM on the day of the audit (17th). Staying through the 18th for the audition would get me home extremely late that day. The only thing I can see is getting in early enough on the 16th to make the audition. How long does a cab ride from NYC to Newark take, anyway? Leave ~7 PM, cab to Newark airport, pick up rental car and drive to hotel in New Brunswick (~30 minutes, according to Mapquest). Gotta do some planning here.
Are you staying the night of the 17th? If so come play NTN with us at Bennigan's in North Brunswick!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#19 Post by sunflower » Mon May 19, 2008 7:39 pm

gsabc wrote:No way to make 5 PM on the day of the audit (17th). Staying through the 18th for the audition would get me home extremely late that day. The only thing I can see is getting in early enough on the 16th to make the audition. How long does a cab ride from NYC to Newark take, anyway? Leave ~7 PM, cab to Newark airport, pick up rental car and drive to hotel in New Brunswick (~30 minutes, according to Mapquest). Gotta do some planning here.
How do auditions on non-tape dates work? Do you have to be there right at 5 to get in, or can you get there anytime between 5 & 7? I only wonder because the test itself is 10 minutes so it seems odd to me there is a 2 hour time span. But I don't know enough about it so maybe that's a dumb comment.

slam

#20 Post by slam » Mon May 19, 2008 7:58 pm

sunflower wrote:
gsabc wrote:No way to make 5 PM on the day of the audit (17th). Staying through the 18th for the audition would get me home extremely late that day. The only thing I can see is getting in early enough on the 16th to make the audition. How long does a cab ride from NYC to Newark take, anyway? Leave ~7 PM, cab to Newark airport, pick up rental car and drive to hotel in New Brunswick (~30 minutes, according to Mapquest). Gotta do some planning here.
How do auditions on non-tape dates work? Do you have to be there right at 5 to get in, or can you get there anytime between 5 & 7? I only wonder because the test itself is 10 minutes so it seems odd to me there is a 2 hour time span. But I don't know enough about it so maybe that's a dumb comment.
They're staggered. You're given a time of 5:00, 5:45, or 6:30.