Transcript 05/13/2008 David Williamson

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 05/13/2008 David Williamson

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue May 13, 2008 8:56 pm

David Williamson
Anchorage, AK
H.S. music teacher

$100- In the U.S., what government department is primarily responsible for managing federal finances?
A. Treasury B. Agriculture
C. Veterans Affairs D. Lost Causes

$200- Michael J. Fox periodically sports hairy hands and a set of large claws in what '80s movie?
A. Bright Lights, Big City B. The Secret of my Succe$s
C. Light of Day D. Teen Wolf

$300- Egyptologists study which of these prominent world landmarks?
A. The Great Sphinx B. Westminster Abbey
C. The Parthenon D. Leaning Tower of Pisa

$500- Often found in science labs, a beaker is commonly made out of what material?
A. Wood B. Concrete
C. Glass B. Brick

$1000- The Latin phrase, "Primum non nocere," meaning "First, do no harm," is a universal principle in what field?
A. Finance B. Medicine
C. Business D. Law

$2000- Founded in 1926, Lufthansa airlines is headquartered in what European country?
A. Germany B. Italy
C. Spain D. Sweden

$4000- Before starring in "Scrubs," actress Sarah Chalke was dubbed "the other Becky" for her fill-in role on what TV series?
A. Full House B. Beverly Hills, 90210
C. Roseanne D. The Wonder Years

ATA
A-7% B-3%
C-87% D-3%

Commercial break

$8000- "Turnkey" is an archaic word that once referred to a person who works at a what?
A. Bank B. Museum
C. Prison D. Dock

David will return tomorrow. He admits out loud that he was not certain about the last answer.

Answers
$100- A. Treasury
$200- D. Teen Wolf
$300- A. The Great Sphinx
$500- C. Glass
$1000- B. Medicine
$2000- A. Germany
$4000- C. Roseanne
$8000- C. Prison

tanstaafl2

#2 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:08 pm

Have been doing surprisingly well on the pop culture of late. Once again no problems including the 4K Q.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 05/13/2008 David Williamson

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:14 am

Nihil obstat®

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Wed May 14, 2008 5:43 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:David Williamson
Anchorage, AK
H.S. music teacher
He's a teacher, and he's a MAWG (or even an OWG)! Double reason to root for him.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$500- Often found in science labs, a beaker is commonly made out of what material?
A. Wood B. Concrete
C. Glass B. Brick
I was thinking Pyrex would be an answer, but it wasn't (Pyrex is a type of glass).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- Before starring in "Scrubs," actress Sarah Chalke was dubbed "the other Becky" for her fill-in role on what TV series?

ATA
A-7% B-3%
C-87% D-3%
There was no Becky in D, and the one in A was a brunette. I didn't watch Roseanne but I remember the change in actresses (although I can't remember the name of the "original Becky").

Nihil obstat® thus far.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Wed May 14, 2008 7:05 am

tanstaafl2 wrote:Have been doing surprisingly well on the pop culture of late. Once again no problems including the 4K Q.
I recently downloaded the pop culture cellphone 'BAM to brush up. I am also surprised at how well I can do. OTOH, there are some low-level questions, including the bottom tier, where I'm clueless and have to burn a lifeline.

No problems at all with this stack so far.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Appa23

#6 Post by Appa23 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:08 am

earendel wrote:I didn't watch Roseanne but I remember the change in actresses (although I can't remember the name of the "original Becky").
Alicia Goranson

gsabc

#7 Post by gsabc » Wed May 14, 2008 7:14 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- Before starring in "Scrubs," actress Sarah Chalke was dubbed "the other Becky" for her fill-in role on what TV series?

ATA
A-7% B-3%
C-87% D-3%
There was no Becky in D, and the one in A was a brunette. I didn't watch Roseanne but I remember the change in actresses (although I can't remember the name of the "original Becky").
Lecy Goranson. She went off to college, then came back and alternated with Chalke in later seasons.

This happened when "Roseanne" was still funny. At the end of Chalke's first episode, they had the family watching "Bewitched" and commenting how lame it was when they replaced Dick York with Dick Sargent without any explanation on the change in appearance. Becky/Chalke commented that she liked the replacement better than the original.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.