Ashton Kutcher brings a new game show to ABC

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

Ashton Kutcher brings a new game show to ABC

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed May 14, 2008 6:53 am

Coming this fall!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra ... bcs-s.html
“Opportunity Knocks” is a game show produced by Ashton Kutcher’s Katalyst Films and will air on at 8 p.m. Tuesdays before “Dancing With the Stars.”

“This show is basically an amazing game show where we go to different neighborhoods around America and knock on people’s doors and bring the game show directly to their front lawn,” McPherson said. “It kind of combines ‘Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’ with ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.’ ”
Amazing!

What random and impartial process will bring you to my front lawn, Ashton? :|

gsabc

Re: Ashton Kutcher brings a new game show to ABC

#2 Post by gsabc » Wed May 14, 2008 7:00 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Coming this fall!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra ... bcs-s.html
“Opportunity Knocks” is a game show produced by Ashton Kutcher’s Katalyst Films and will air on at 8 p.m. Tuesdays before “Dancing With the Stars.”

“This show is basically an amazing game show where we go to different neighborhoods around America and knock on people’s doors and bring the game show directly to their front lawn,” McPherson said. “It kind of combines ‘Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’ with ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.’ ”
Amazing!

What random and impartial process will bring you to my front lawn, Ashton? :|
Offer to babysit for Rumer and Tallulah.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

geoffil

#3 Post by geoffil » Wed May 14, 2008 7:02 am

Marley, when they come to your neighborhood, let us know.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 14, 2008 7:34 am

I have a prety good imagination, but can't image how they could combine "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Wed May 14, 2008 8:15 am

Bob Juch wrote:I have a prety good imagination, but can't image how they could combine "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".
Maybe instead of giving money away with each question, they do a more elaborate makeover of a room, or several rooms.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed May 14, 2008 8:32 am

Bob Juch wrote:I have a prety good imagination, but can't image how they could combine "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".
"Ohhhh, sorry! You had the right question at the $1,000 level, where we tore down your old house, but you missed the $25,000 one, so we can't build you a new one."

:twisted:

dodgersteve182

#7 Post by dodgersteve182 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:54 am

A lot like Cash Cab too, only on CC you have to flag down the right NYC Cabbie in order to participate. I wonder if he ever drives past potential customers in a Quest to find "screen worthy" contestants?
Oh well I might be more suitable for Taxi Cab Confessions... :twisted:

dodgersteve182

#8 Post by dodgersteve182 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:59 am

Marley wrote:
"Amazing!

What random and impartial process will bring you to my front lawn, Ashton? :|[/quote]
Offer to babysit for Rumer and Tallulah.[/quote]"

Only if you barricade yourself in your Home, Marley! Maybe not, but I don't buy the "Random" premise. When we lived by the Ocean, all kinds of Survey Companies were interested in our opinions, i.e. Nielsen Ratings, the Radio ratings, et. al. We felt important. Now that we live in the OC, we don't exist in the minds of TV and Radio geeks! :(

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 14, 2008 9:30 am

dodgersteve182 wrote:A lot like Cash Cab too, only on CC you have to flag down the right NYC Cabbie in order to participate. I wonder if he ever drives past potential customers in a Quest to find "screen worthy" contestants?
Oh well I might be more suitable for Taxi Cab Confessions... :twisted:
He's probably driven by Marley several times. :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

thguy65

#10 Post by thguy65 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:52 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
"Ohhhh, sorry! You had the right question at the $1,000 level, where we tore down your old house, but you missed the $25,000 one, so we can't build you a new one."

:twisted:
There will be a new show on TLC called "Your Place or Mine?" where things will be happening to the contestants' home while they play a trivia game in the studio.
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#11 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed May 14, 2008 10:15 am

earendel wrote:
Maybe instead of giving money away with each question, they do a more elaborate makeover of a room, or several rooms.
You know, I talking to somebody about getting on a game show that was similar to this. We got to a point where I sent them pictures of my house and they told me that it was too nice. I took it as a compliment since I decorated it myself.

mellytu74

#12 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:21 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
earendel wrote:
You know, I talking to somebody about getting on a game show that was similar to this. We got to a point where I sent them pictures of my house and they told me that it was too nice. I took it as a compliment since I decorated it myself.
We applied to be on Spice Up My Kitchen on HGTV.

We have one of those wonderful 50s double ovens. Right now, however, neither oven works (temp controls).

We thought that, combined with aging appliances and tacky decor, we had a sure winner.

Apparently, we failed miserably. :(

MarleysGh0st

#13 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed May 14, 2008 11:13 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:You know, I talking to somebody about getting on a game show that was similar to this. We got to a point where I sent them pictures of my house and they told me that it was too nice. I took it as a compliment since I decorated it myself.
Hey! My place could probably qualify!

Would they have to disturb my stacks of clutter? :P

Edited: Since there are far more than just one stack of clutter. :wink:
Last edited by MarleysGh0st on Wed May 14, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 14, 2008 11:13 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I have a pretty good imagination, but can't image how they could combine "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire".
You can always invite us over for a party. It will need redecorating afterwards! :P

TheConfessor

#15 Post by TheConfessor » Wed May 14, 2008 12:39 pm

gsabc wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: What random and impartial process will bring you to my front lawn, Ashton? :|
Offer to babysit for Rumer and Tallulah.
I'm not sure how much babysitting Rumer requires these days. She turns 20 this summer.

thguy65

#16 Post by thguy65 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:23 pm

This appears to be the casting notice for "Opportunity Knocks". Here is another one.
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image