I Just Noticed....

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

I Just Noticed....

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:50 am

In my avatar, there appears to be a box of Tide with Downy stacked on top of the first facing of Tide with bleach on the left. That's either plugging the shelf or bad zoning, and I don't tolerate either in my department.

I may need to find a better avatar....

lb13

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#2 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:52 am

I was gonna say something.....
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

MarleysGh0st

Re: I Just Noticed....

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:10 am

littlebeast13 wrote: That's either plugging the shelf or bad zoning, and I don't tolerate either in my department.
You've lost me with all that technical jargon... :?

fantine33

Re: I Just Noticed....

#4 Post by fantine33 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:19 am

littlebeast13 wrote:In my avatar, there appears to be a box of Tide with Downy stacked on top of the first facing of Tide with bleach on the left. That's either plugging the shelf or bad zoning, and I don't tolerate either in my department.

I may need to find a better avatar....

lb13
OCD'ers Unite!

Wait, let me try that again...

No, wait....

Okay, once more...

Used to bug the crap out of me when I was a cashier and some people refused to face their bills or would just crack open a roll and leave it in the till.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#5 Post by kayrharris » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:33 am

None of you have family members that leave empty containers on the shelf, leading you to believe there is still something in it, until you go to use it and find out it's empty??? Definitely one of my pet peeves...

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#6 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:42 am

kayrharris wrote:None of you have family members that leave empty containers on the shelf, leading you to believe there is still something in it, until you go to use it and find out it's empty??? Definitely one of my pet peeves...
I general, I am so OCD that I take things out of the packaging and put them away because I hate the empty containers.

Emma always says, "Mom, wouldn't it be easier just to put the whole Fridge Pack of Diet Coke into the refrigerator. " I know what would happen, I would see the box and think that there was a cold Diet Coke and then there wouldn't be and I couldn't get my morning caffeine fix.

fantine33

#7 Post by fantine33 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:46 am

kayrharris wrote:None of you have family members that leave empty containers on the shelf, leading you to believe there is still something in it, until you go to use it and find out it's empty??? Definitely one of my pet peeves...
Silly BoB....

When you're anal enough to worry about everything facing properly, you're anal enough to transfer everything in the pantry into glass jars and baskets and use your label machine (of which you have TWO, one for backup in case of emergency) to mark it appropriately.

So go forth and peeve no more! Just grab some plastic and wire baskets from Wal-mart and some glass jars from an estate sale or the dollar store or Michael's (because I have different shapes and types depending upon category) and get down to some serious labeling (I recommend the Brother P series).

PS I'm totally serious, you can ask Luuucy. I was giving her organizing tips a while ago and sent her pics of my pantry and closets and stuff.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:49 am

For my marketing book, I'm actually writing the chapter now about product branding and packaging. I'll have to study your avatar very closely....

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#9 Post by kayrharris » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:51 am

I even face this at work. Like PSM, the fridge packs of drinks are dangerous. My boss loves to leave them empty. When only one or two cans are left, take them out for God's sake and throw the box away!!! It's a losing battle.

Email me those pics, although I just paid $600 to have my pantry redone....it was deep shelves and they were tall..and I'm short...so I had it completely revamped so I can now find things. Before, everything was lost if it wasn't right smack in front.

My email is my username at yahoo.

peacock2121

#10 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:06 am

fantine33 wrote:
Silly BoB....

When you're anal enough to worry about everything facing properly, you're anal enough to transfer everything in the pantry into glass jars and baskets and use your label machine (of which you have TWO, one for backup in case of emergency) to mark it appropriately.

So go forth and peeve no more! Just grab some plastic and wire baskets from Wal-mart and some glass jars from an estate sale or the dollar store or Michael's (because I have different shapes and types depending upon category) and get down to some serious labeling (I recommend the Brother P series).

PS I'm totally serious, you can ask Luuucy. I was giving her organizing tips a while ago and sent her pics of my pantry and closets and stuff.
OH MY GOD!!!!!

I want Fanny to be my friend.

fantine33

#11 Post by fantine33 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:07 am

kayrharris wrote:I even face this at work. Like PSM, the fridge packs of drinks are dangerous. My boss loves to leave them empty. When only one or two cans are left, take them out for God's sake and throw the box away!!! It's a losing battle.
Solution: Get some of those wire can racks that are double deckered and sloped so when you take one can, the next one slides down. I don't drink soda, but I use those in the pantry for canned goods.

kayrharris wrote: Email me those pics, although I just paid $600 to have my pantry redone....it was deep shelves and they were tall..and I'm short...so I had it completely revamped so I can now find things. Before, everything was lost if it wasn't right smack in front.

My email is my username at yahoo.
$600? I could have flown down and redone your whole house. You should see what I can do with a walk-in closet! I have a vertical folding technique that's the bee's knees. Although my efforts probably pale next to professional work, now I must see some pics of your groovy pantry!

I'm sure I still have the zip file that I sent Luuucy, but I think it's on my other computer, I'll need to check. The email address I still have for you must be your personal one (starts with a B). Should I send to the Yahoo one instead? I'll have to see if it bounces back because of size limitations, I have counter and cabinet pics, bureau drawers, linen closets, the whole bit.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#12 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:22 am

I bake a lot so I organized my baking closet using the Tupperware Modular Mates storage line with black lids. Everything fits together nicely.

I also used a stenciling font with Avery 5161 labels. Since the labels are already on the computer, when I wash the containers, I can just print out and slap on new label on the container.

We also use the cereal containers from this line for both cereal and cat food. (They are also labeled.)

Since our house was new, we had ant issues when we moved in. The kids have been pretty well trained to seal containers of food when they open them by either sticking them in a plastic bag or putting a clamp on the bag.

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#13 Post by hermillion » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:02 am

Oh Fanny -- please send me the pics, too! Darling Daughter's OCD gene has finally kicked in, and I'd love to show her how a veteran (other than dear old Mom) does it. You can email my bored handle at aol . com

DD recently became stock manager at Pottery Barn, and it is SO up her alley. Every shelf is labeled, everything is folded, faced, stacked "just so". Some of her staff thought it was pretty humorous, until the corporate folks showed up for annual reviews. She ended up with both local AND regional bonus $$.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#14 Post by kayrharris » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Ants have driven me crazy this summer because it's so dry. I've bought containers for everything! Can you buy tupperware online, cause I can't find it anywhere around here.

Fanny, I had to switch internet carriers when I moved from Opelika to Auburn a couple of years ago, so use the yahoo one, please. I got a price for my walk in closet from the same place that did my pantry and it was over $3000!
Needless to say, I dint get it done. :( You could make mega bucks doing this, girl! I'm telling you....

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#15 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:09 pm

Here is a link to my Tuppeware "lady" Dixie Longate:
http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/D/di ... lcome.html
I buy from her at parties (which are hilarious) and also online and the products are shipped to my house.

Dixie was on "1 vs 100" and her act went to New York. http://www.dixielongate.com/home.html

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#16 Post by cindy.wellman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:23 am

Of course Fanny didn't mention the book she convinced me to buy.....LOL

I loved the pictures, and the folding and the general neatness of all that she sent me. Of course, I do have TWO pantries now. haha

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#17 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:06 am

See, I'd hate a pantry like that. I need picture for the kids. And ingredient lists, and expiration dates, and lot numbers in case of recalls...

Okay, just kidding about all that. But it would slow me down to have everything look alike and have to read the labels.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#18 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:14 am

minimetoo26 wrote:See, I'd hate a pantry like that. I need picture for the kids. And ingredient lists, and expiration dates, and lot numbers in case of recalls...

Okay, just kidding about all that. But it would slow me down to have everything look alike and have to read the labels.

But does the shelf in the laundry room look organized? That's what's important.... :P

lb13

minimetoo26

#19 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:16 am

Everything is on the bottom shelf so I can reach it....

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#20 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:19 am

Is there enough room for the balls....?

lb13

minimetoo26

#21 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:36 am

I only have one, so it's usually perched on the edge of the washer...

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#22 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:53 am

We would make all y'all faint and crash onto the floor(s). While Jeff is pretty organized, and I like clean when I can get it, our pantry is a rainbow of disarray. In fact, and please, please don't sue me when you choke, pass out and are incapacitated for the rest of the day...we actually discovered cans of tomato paste that had 'sploded. Realize, we had completely douched the entire pantry from top to bottom not long ago. Really.

But Jeff likes to "keep" stuff. I, while cluttered, do throw away items unidentifiable or old. Sometimes. Of course, when the food in the fridge is new I might just eat a raw crabcake. Maybe, like the other day.
Who knew?
Well, then

traininvain

#23 Post by traininvain » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:55 pm

So Beast, when are you going to break out the Photoshop and fix that box that's on the wrong shelf?

I don't know how you can work in the "laundry isle" the smell would drive me crazy.
Enjoy every sandwich

tlynn78

#24 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:36 am

My kitchen, and my house, would make you all run screaming for the hills. Really. I need to organize...now excuse me while I go laugh hysterically for an hour or so...

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire