If You Don't Like the Ghoul Pool

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

If You Don't Like the Ghoul Pool

#1 Post by fantine33 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:24 am

then don't read this.

Now that I have everybody's attention...ha!

Today is one of my favourite events of the year, it's Emma Crawford Day!

http://www.manitousprings.org/coffin_races.htm

I"ll have to see if I can find a more complete story, it's pretty interesting. She lived in a castle on the side of the mountain (which is haunted, we used to drive up there years age before the road was blocked off) and used to see the spirit of an Indian on top of the mountain, which is why she wanted to be buried up there.

The whole family has event t-shirts for each year since forever. Yes, we're a strange family.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:44 am

That's bizarre. I am sure that if we lived closer, we would go to the event :)

fantine33

#3 Post by fantine33 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:57 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:That's bizarre. I am sure that if we lived closer, we would go to the event :)
Bizarre, thy name is Manitou. It's equal parts spooky, historic and quirky and has always been populated with mostly old hippies, eccentrics and rich people, a dangerous combination.

One of the coffin rules is that each team has to have an "Emma" in the coffin during the race. It's fun when it's a team like the Fire Department and their Emma is a big, burly, bearded fireman in a wig and a nightgown.

Manitou is haunted all over the place. They recently had some people from one of those Paranormal Societies take a bunch of equipment and stuff into Miramont Castle (different castle from Emma's), I don't know if it was for one of those haunting shows or not.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 am

One of the coffin rules is that each team has to have an "Emma" in the coffin during the race. It's fun when it's a team like the Fire Department and their Emma is a big, burly, bearded fireman in a wig and a nightgown.

Lucky for us, we already have an Emma :)