Show me the Money!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Show me the Money!

#26 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:30 pm

Estonut wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:02 am
Not sure why the best two-way player in history would go to a NL team. Has he ever played another defensive position?
Out of curiosity, why would this matter now in the age of the universal DH?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#27 Post by Estonut » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:21 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:30 pm
Estonut wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:02 am
Not sure why the best two-way player in history would go to a NL team. Has he ever played another defensive position?
Out of curiosity, why would this matter now in the age of the universal DH?
Shows you how much NL baseball I've watched lately. I was unaware they had gone to universal DH. The deal makes a lot more sense for the Dodgers now.

Relieved to see they just adopted it last year...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Vandal
Director of Promos

#28 Post by Vandal » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:06 pm

Astros, Jose Altuve reach 5-year, $125M extension

Jose Altuve signed a five-year extension on Tuesday that all but guarantees he will finish his career with the Houston Astros.

The deal is worth $125 million, sources told ESPN, taking him all the way through his age-39 season.

"He's a franchise-type player; one of the best in Houston history," owner Jim Crane said at the owners meetings in Orlando. "And we hope someday he's a Hall of Famer."

The Astros announced the agreement on social media, calling their superstar an "Astro For Life." The 33-year-old Altuve was heading into his final year before free agency. His new deal begins in 2025 and takes him through 2029.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/394 ... -extension
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#29 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:28 pm

Altuve!!!! We love him.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#30 Post by Vandal » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:03 pm

Uh oh…

Dodgers fire Shohei Ohtani's interpreter amid allegation of 'massive theft'

The Los Angeles Dodgers interpreter for Shohei Ohtani was fired Wednesday afternoon after questions surrounding at least $4.5 million in wire transfers sent from Ohtani's bank account to a bookmaking operation set off a series of events.

Ippei Mizuhara, the longtime friend and interpreter for Ohtani, incurred the gambling debts to a Southern California bookmaking operation that is under federal investigation, multiple sources told ESPN. How he came to lose his job started with reporters asking questions about the wire transfers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJMzZftXkAAfiuZ?format=jpg

SI cover jinx:

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Vandal
Director of Promos

#31 Post by Vandal » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:52 pm

Ohtani at today’s press conference, per the LA. Times:

“I never bet on baseball or any other sports and have never asked someone to do so on my behalf and have never bet through a bookmaker.’

"Until a couple of days ago, I didn’t know this was happening. … Ippei has stolen money from my account and told lies.”

“Ippei admitted that he had used my account to pay off the debt,” Ohtani said. “At that point I went to my representatives, who found out Ippei had been lying the whole time.”

Me:
I hope this doesn’t end up with a “gate” name like “gamblegate” or something equally lame.
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

jarnon

#32 Post by jarnon » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:09 pm

Vandal wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:52 pm

“I never bet on baseball or any other sports and have never asked someone to do so on my behalf and have never bet through a bookmaker.”

"Until a couple of days ago, I didn’t know this was happening. … Ippei has stolen money from my account and told lies.”

“Ippei admitted that he had used my account to pay off the debt,” Ohtani said. “At that point I went to my representatives, who found out Ippei had been lying the whole time.”
Hw can we be sure that’s what Ohtani said?
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#33 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:05 pm

jarnon wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:09 pm
Vandal wrote:

“I never bet on baseball or any other sports and have never asked someone to do so on my behalf and have never bet through a bookmaker.”

Hw can we be sure that’s what Ohtani said?
That is what the interpretor is for. ;)
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#34 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:25 pm

Vandal wrote:

“I never bet on baseball or any other sports and have never asked someone to do so on my behalf and have never bet through a bookmaker.’

Me:
I hope this doesn’t end up with a “gate” name like “gamblegate” or something equally lame.
I'm glad he was able to say these things. Assuming they're true (and I'm confident MLB will investigate to confirm or refute), that will put to rest most of the concern.

Note, however, that Ohtani did not say that he never gambled -- just that he never did so on sports and never did so through a bookmaker. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson