McCain on SNL

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
PlacentiaSoccerMom

McCain on SNL

#1 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun May 18, 2008 12:51 pm

McCain on SNL

Too bad he didn't look into the camera, but he was funny.

ttp://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/i ... mea=252556

themanintheseersuckersuit

#2 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun May 18, 2008 1:15 pm

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

TheConfessor

#3 Post by TheConfessor » Sun May 18, 2008 2:56 pm

I can't get these links to work so I don't know what you're trying to show. McCain actually appeared in two segments. I thought the first was lame but the second was good. I know he's capable of being pretty funny, but I didn't think he was at his best last night, mainly due to the writing. I imagine SNL performances could be a deciding factor in some closely contested states, but that might not be a good thing.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun May 18, 2008 3:07 pm

TheConfessor wrote:I can't get these links to work so I don't know what you're trying to show. McCain actually appeared in two segments. I thought the first was lame but the second was good. I know he's capable of being pretty funny, but I didn't think he was at his best last night, mainly due to the writing. I imagine SNL performances could be a deciding factor in some closely contested states, but that might not be a good thing.
Ed, my link is to his Weekend Update bit. Like you, I thought that it was funnier than the other segment.

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Sun May 18, 2008 3:35 pm

My only complaint is how the news media covered it, at least on our local news. "Taking a break from campaigning, Senator McCain appeared on Saturday Night Live." WRONG!!! If you don't think the appearance isn't part of the campaign, then you deserve to have your press credentials lifted and to be sent to cover the story on cleaning up dog poop in the local park.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#6 Post by kayrharris » Sun May 18, 2008 7:14 pm

SNL also did a skit on DoND. Contestant and his dysfunctional relationship with his dad, who came along as his "supporter". They also made the models look pretty much like bimbos.

I can't that it was very funny.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin