Transcript 05/20/2008 Dwight Heard

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 05/20/2008 Dwight Heard

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue May 20, 2008 6:31 pm

Dwight Heard
Fort Worth, TX
Lawyer (also a MAWGish look)

Says he is wearing his work clothes today. Is motivated when told he can't do something, so Mere says he won't win a million today.

$100- Robin Williams plays a rebellious disc jockey in what 1987 comedy?
A. Thank You, Vietnam B. Good Morning, Vietnam
C. Best of Luck, Vietnam D. Oh Snap, Vietnam

$200- Since 1973, the U.S. government has required what consumer products to undergo "side impact" testing?
A. Television sets B. Kitchen appliances
C. Couches D. Motor vehicles

$300- 1930s self-help author Napoleon Hill is often credited with saying, "A quitter never wins and a" what?
A. Winner never quits B. Winner always quits
C. Loser always quits D. Loser never quits

$500- Posted on CNN's web site in 2007, a video titled "Talented Tentacles" showcased the dexterity of what type of animal?
A. Grasshopper B. Octopus
C. Fox D. Owl

$1000- Gates of the Arctic National Park is located in what U.S. state?
A. Minnesota B. Maine
C. Alaska D. North Dakota

Commercial break

Dwight says he has now covered his bar bill.

$2000- The popular burrito chain Chipotle is named after a type if what?
A. Butterfly B. Cactus
C. Volcano D. Pepper

$4000- What type of professional is most likely to offer a reflexology treatment?
A. Masseur B. Hair stylist
C. Makeup artist D. Dermatologist

$8000- Jennifer Hudson's Oscar-winning turn in "Dreamgirls" includes a now-famous rendition of the song "And I Am Telling You" what?
A. I Don't Need You B. I'm Not Going
C. I Still Love You D. I'm Your Woman

ATA
A-24% B-56%
C-13% D-7%

$16,000
In 2006, what former Portuguese colony surpassed Las Vegas to become the world leader in gambling revenues?
A. Monte Carlo B. Singapore
C. Macau D. Brunei

50/50 left B and C

Commercial break

Dwight met his future wife on his first day of college. They have been married for nearly 40 years and together for 45 years.

$25,000
What sport takes its name from the British duke's residence where it was first played in England?
A. Billiards B. Polo
C. Cricket D. Badminton

PAF is Rob, described by Dwight as the "the real deal," under 30 with an earring, asks to repeat the choices again as time runs out.

Dwight talks about what a duke would name his residence, and takes a successful guess.

$50,000
Often said to be the "world's smallest mountain range," the Sutter Buttes mountains are located in what U.S. state?
A. Washington B. California
C. Arizona D. Nevada

Dwight guesses incorrectly (C) and leaves with $25,000

Answers:
$100- B. Good Morning, Vietnam
$200- D. Motor vehicles
$300- A. Winner never quits
$500- B. Octopus
$1000- C. Alaska
$2000- D. Pepper
$4000- A. Masseur
$8000- B. I'm Not Going
$16K- C. Macau
$25K- D. Badminton
$50K- B. California

Commercial Break

MyBigFatFabulousBrain
Merry Man

#2 Post by MyBigFatFabulousBrain » Tue May 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Dwight Heard
Fort Worth, TX

I'd say that the overwhelming majority of male lawyers have a MAWGish look. They don't really look like they do on TV since the same bunch that casts for this show also gives us the dreck in primetime...

Says he is wearing his work clothes today.

Very funny, Mr. MAWG. You're not an ice cream vendor, auto mechanic, or astronaut, so just can it and leave the humorous comments to the professionals like me.

Is motivated when told he can't do something, so Mere says he won't win a million today.

Speaking of stuff that isn't funny, you don't really think that's going to work, do you Mere? You should just go on ahead and tell that to every idiot you stroll out to the Hot Seat so maybe this show will at least pass a truth in advertising test...

$100- Robin Williams plays a rebellious disc jockey in what 1987 comedy?
A. Thank You, Vietnam B. Good Morning, Vietnam
C. Best of Luck, Vietnam D. Oh Snap, Vietnam

$200- Since 1973, the U.S. government has required what consumer products to undergo "side impact" testing?
A. Television sets B. Kitchen appliances
C. Couches D. Motor vehicles

You know, I've never thought about throwing the brick through the side of the TV before. Maybe it will withstand the anger I have to unleash while watching this garbage better than the screen itself does...

$300- 1930s self-help author Napoleon Hill is often credited with saying, "A quitter never wins and a" what?
A. Winner never quits B. Winner always quits
C. Loser always quits D. Loser never quits

$500- Posted on CNN's web site in 2007, a video titled "Talented Tentacles" showcased the dexterity of what type of animal?
A. Grasshopper B. Octopus
C. Fox D. Owl

Talented... what!?!?! Oh, tentacles.... sorry.

$1000- Gates of the Arctic National Park is located in what U.S. state?
A. Minnesota B. Maine
C. Alaska D. North Dakota

Dwight says he has now covered his bar bill.

I'm assuming that isn't some unfunny lawyer inside joke and that you're really an alcoholic. I'll send you the bill for the booze I'll be consuming after subjecting myself to this tripe again.

$2000- The popular burrito chain Chipotle is named after a type if what?
A. Butterfly B. Cactus
C. Volcano D. Pepper

Popular somewhere, I'm sure. The only franchise is located across from the question writer's dungeon.

$4000- What type of professional is most likely to offer a reflexology treatment?
A. Masseur B. Hair stylist
C. Makeup artist D. Dermatologist

Yeah, they're professional alright. How much does a reflexology treatment go for, and how much did Elliot Spitzer have to pay for one?

$8000- Jennifer Hudson's Oscar-winning turn in "Dreamgirls" includes a now-famous rendition of the song "And I Am Telling You" what?

ATA
A-24% B-56%
C-13% D-7%

I'll bet TheGh0stOfJohnStevens knew this. He was voted a better singer than her, you know....

$16,000
In 2006, what former Portuguese colony surpassed Las Vegas to become the world leader in gambling revenues?
A. Monte Carlo B. Singapore
C. Macau D. Brunei

This is a pretty darn arcane question for 16K unless you're a compulsive gambler. We know this guy is a compulsive drunk, but I doubt he has any money left to gamble with after he gets trashed.

50/50 left B and C

Do they even gamble in Singapore? I'll bet they cane anyone who even touches a pair of dice over there...

Dwight met his future wife on his first day of college. They have been married for nearly 40 years and together for 45 years.

MAWG? Hell, this is some old codger! Unless he got accepted to college when he was 8 like I did, by my math this guy's gotta be about 63 years old. Thankfully, I've invented a serum that will ensure my brain never reaches that ripe old age and turns into the mush that you old small-brained people experience...

$25,000
What sport takes its name from the British duke's residence where it was first played in England?
A. Billiards B. Polo
C. Cricket D. Badminton

PAF is Rob, described by Dwight as the "the real deal," under 30 with an earring, asks to repeat the choices again as time runs out.

What in the hell is a 63 year old attorney doing hanging around a twenty-something guy he likes to call "the real deal"? Does your college sweetheart know about this? Are the AP's salivating to get this guy into the Hot Seat, especially once he completely screwed up this PAF call? I should be rooting for MAWGs, yet this guy just creeps me out...

Dwight talks about what a duke would name his residence, and takes a successful guess.

And just how many dukes do you know? Maybe a few of Dwight's acquaintences call themselves Duke, but none of them have anything to do with this question...

$50,000
Often said to be the "world's smallest mountain range," the Sutter Buttes mountains are located in what U.S. state?
C. Arizona D. Nevada

Exactly how did you come up with Arizona? I equated Sutter with California right away. Well, I don't know how much money you're gonna have left after you pay off that overwhelming bar tab you have, but don't spend it all right away in case you need a good lawyer for yourself once your wife finds out you're hanging out with "the real deal"...

Nihil Obstat®
It's sarcasm, get over it already!

Kazoo65

#3 Post by Kazoo65 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:14 pm

I had trouble with the $25K. PaF a Googler here.

I knew the $50K. I immediately thought of Sutter's Mill and the California gold rush.
I'm just a game show nerd.

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 05/20/2008 Dwight Heard

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:53 am

$25K: Polo and cricket are definitely out. Better PAF.

$50K: I thought for sure that Dwight would run with the Sutter's Mill reference.

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed May 21, 2008 6:37 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Dwight Heard
Fort Worth, TX
Dwight's unexcitable demeanor drove Meredith crazy, but he was there to play the game. Good for him!

And I can see how his droll sense of humor, coupled with that refined Texan accent, might have appealed to the APs. For variety.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $8000- Jennifer Hudson's Oscar-winning turn in "Dreamgirls" includes a now-famous rendition of the song "And I Am Telling You" what?

ATA
A-24% B-56%
C-13% D-7%
I'd need the ATA here, too.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $25,000
A. Billiards B. Polo
C. Cricket D. Badminton
Excellent reasoning out of what sounds like a residential name, here! Without seeing Pea's reminder, I don't know if I would have remembered Corn's question, so I probably would have burned the PAF here.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $50,000
C. Arizona D. Nevada

<sigh>

Trying to reason it out by what states don't have any other mountain ranges, while neglecting the name, wasn't the way to go.

I've driven by Sutter Buttes on the way to see MarleysSister and family. It really is a cute little range, all by itself in the middle of the Sacramento valley. :)

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Wed May 21, 2008 6:46 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Dwight Heard
Fort Worth, TX

Says he is wearing his work clothes today. Is motivated when told he can't do something, so Mere says he won't win a million today.
This guy was so laid back it was unreal. I can't figure out how he managed to make the cut for the show.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8000- Jennifer Hudson's Oscar-winning turn in "Dreamgirls" includes a now-famous rendition of the song "And I Am Telling You" what?

ATA
A-24% B-56%
C-13% D-7%
I'd have done the same thing. FWIW my #2 son was watching and he was sure it was "C" - he's even seen the movie.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000
A. Billiards B. Polo
C. Cricket D. Badminton

Rob was as unenthusiastic as Dwight - there was no urgency to either of them during the call.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Dwight talks about what a duke would name his residence, and takes a successful guess.
I came to the right answer by the same reasoning.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50,000
C. Arizona D. Nevada

"Buttes" make me think of the southwest, but "Sutter" brings to mind Sutter's Mill, where gold was discovered in 1848. I might have gone for the 50/50 here, hoping that B and C weren't the two remaining choices. [Turns out that they were named for John Sutter, who owned the mill where Marshall discovered gold.]

So I'd be going for $100K with PAF and STQ still remaining.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed May 21, 2008 6:57 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000
A. Billiards B. Polo
C. Cricket D. Badminton

Rob was as unenthusiastic as Dwight - there was no urgency to either of them during the call.
Urgency? You want them to get emotional and panicky during the 30-second PAF call?

It sounded to me like Dwight was giving Rob keywords for a Google search. Although I thought it would be a difficult google, I found the answer in the second hit, using similar keywords. If they made a mistake during the call, it not giving Rob a warning that time was running out. When he asked for the choices again with less than five seconds left, I knew it was over.