Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 81

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 81

#1 Post by gsabc » Wed May 21, 2008 6:18 am

Early entry today because I've got to go audit a vendor. I'll be on the correct side of the desk this time, hee hee hee. :twisted:

We just went with the Liberty Bell stamps. It gets them there. The invitations themselves were appropriate - the Disney Princesses. If you knew BD, you'd understand the significance. She and her MoH are Disney fanatics. We send the WDW people a warning whenever the two of them plan a trip there. I've taught her well. :) FSIL has been told that he WILL be visiting Disneyland while they're based in CA.

We invited basically all the women who will be invited to the wedding (including female children), but there's a reason. GW included a blank recipe card with the invitations. She requested that even if they don't attend the shower, they should send back a favorite recipe, or better yet, one of the traditional family recipes that shows up at Thanksgivings and the like. FSIL will eat well, assuming BD can convince him to try things other than plain meat and potatoes.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:51 am

That is a great idea. When I first got married, I had no recipes, few ideas on what to cook and dreaded the idea of planning. If I had had recipes, I know it woud have been easier and maybe even fun.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed May 21, 2008 7:52 am

Recipe cards are a great idea!

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#4 Post by sunflower » Wed May 21, 2008 8:00 am

That's a fun idea. Who is putting the recipes together? A fun thing I've seen lately is people accumulating those recipes into a book, along with photos of the people who submitted them, or sometimes pictures of people who have passed if the recipe was passed down through generations. It's a practical gift, in that they will have recipes to use, but it's also a very nice, very sentimental gift full of memories of family and friends. I have friends who still say that is the nicest gift that they received, because it's the most meaningful and thoughtful.

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:04 am

I went to a bridal shower once where we were asked to bring two small kitchen items. Those things like peelers, bag clips, magnets, measuring spoons etc.

I wished I'd had all of those things before creating my first kitchen.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#6 Post by sunflower » Wed May 21, 2008 8:08 am

peacock2121 wrote:I went to a bridal shower once where we were asked to bring two small kitchen items. Those things like peelers, bag clips, magnets, measuring spoons etc.

I wished I'd had all of those things before creating my first kitchen.
Then there's me...fully stocked kitchen, so I am not sure what I would register for or what I would need. That's part of the reason I wouldn't want a big wedding.

I agree though, that's a great gift to give to people.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed May 21, 2008 8:17 am

I made a "maid" once to bring to a bridal shower. I used an ironing board as the body, a plunger for an arm, a feather duster for another. I put an apron on and stuffed the pocket with spatulas, wooden spoons, and a peeler. I remember using SOS pads as the eyes and a mop as the hair.