Transcript 5/21/2008 Danielle Sparks (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 5/21/2008 Danielle Sparks (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed May 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Transcript May 21, 2008

Danielle Sparks
Middletown, OH

Danielle is looking for a job and has found the perfect job. There's just one problem, it's Meredith's job. Danielle said she could
be her assistant. Meredith lets her "audition" a little bit by letting her do the lines leading up to playing Millionaire. This is Danielle's very first time
in New York City.

$500
In an airplane the flight data recorder and the cockpit voice recorder are often referred to as the what?

A: Black boxes
B: Black holes
C: Black books
D: Black jacks

$1000
"I Want That Treasure" was the first episode of what reality TV series that debuted in 2007?

A: Shear Genius
B: On the Lot
C: Pirate Master
D: Shaq's Big Challenge

$2000
Which of these books in the popular "For Dummies" series was written by a CPA?

A: Architecture for Dummies
B: Accounting for Dummies
C: Algebra for Dummies
D: Auto Repair for Dummies

$4000 The roll of flesh that spills over the top of tight-fitting pants is known as what?

A: Jell-O mold
B: Cheese puff
C: Muffin top
D: Pie Crust

$8000
Who is the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court?

A: John Paul Stevens
B: Stephen Breyer
C: Samuel Alito
D: John Roberts

Danielle says she knows what it isn't and asks for the 50/50.

50/50/ leaves

Meredith asks Danielle if her choice is still there. Danielle says both of them are.
She goes with A - John Paul Stevens and leaves with $1000.

Answers:
$500 A - Black Box
$1000 C - Pirate Master
$2000 B - Accounting for Dummies
$4000 C - Muffin top
$8000 D - John Roberts

Kazoo65

#2 Post by Kazoo65 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:23 pm

I was OK up to the $4K question. I've never heard of ANY of these terms referring to weight. ATA here.

$8K- Sad. Yet another reason why paying attention to current events is SO important. You would HOPE a recent college grad would know who the Chief Justice is-but I guess this didn't get into her brain.

I think every kid, before they graduate from high school, should have to take the citizenship exam that immigrants take before they get sworn in as US citizens. Most of us would probably pass it, but there are lots of folks who would need a refresher course in basic U.S. history/government.
I'm just a game show nerd.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Wed May 21, 2008 5:30 pm

"Muffin top" is a favorite saying of Manolo. I feel sure this has been discussed during a FNGD non sequitur at one time or another.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

MyBigFatFabulousBrain
Merry Man

#4 Post by MyBigFatFabulousBrain » Wed May 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Danielle Sparks
Middletown, OH

Danielle is looking for a job and has found the perfect job. There's just one problem, it's Meredith's job.

Get in line, Danielle. There are several hundred million people in this country who are more qualified to sit in the host's seat than Mere, but the idiots that run this show seem to be awfully committed to keeping her around, much to the show's disgrace. Look, take my advice. Go put in an application at McDonald's. Yeah, it's hard work, and you have to deal with really rude customers who don't like it when the burger guy spits on their quarter pounder, but it's a cakewalk compared to having to sit across from the stupidest people in America five days a week...

Danielle said she could be her assistant. Meredith lets her "audition" a little bit by letting her do the lines leading up to playing Millionaire.

Don't forget to instruct your new assistant how to flirt with the contestants, ask them to do things so embarrassing they'll have to move to a remote island, and act astonished when the correct answer is revealed and you find out how ignorant you are. It takes a lot of work to look that ridiculous on TV...

This is Danielle's very first time in New York City.

Welcome to the jungle. How many times have you been mugged so far?

$500
In an airplane the flight data recorder and the cockpit voice recorder are often referred to as the what?

$1000
"I Want That Treasure" was the first episode of what reality TV series that debuted in 2007?

Is it just me, or do there seem to be an infinite number of reality series on an infinite number of channels now? Is there anyone out there who doesn't star in their own reality series now? I'll bet even Marley's got something in the works...

$2000

MBFFB's Question Writing For Dumbasses will now show you the correct way to ask this question:

$2,000 - What is a CPA?

A: An architect
B: An accountant
C: An algebrist
D: An auto mechanic

See how much better that looks, and it doesn't give any entity a free plug they don't need. Idiots!

$4000 The roll of flesh that spills over the top of tight-fitting pants is known as what?

MBFFB's Question Writing For Dumbasses, Lesson #2:

Don't EVER ask &@*(^# questions about fat rolls!!!

EVER!!!!

$8000

Damn! An actual trivia question! Who submitted this, one of the question writers' nephews?

50/50/ leaves

She knows what it isn't? Some of these guys may look pretty inanimate, but I think it's still proper protocol to refer to a Supreme Court justice as a "who"....

Meredith asks Danielle if her choice is still there. Danielle says both of them are.

That didn't take long. I guess Mere can rest easily knowing that her job isn't in immediate danger from this gem. Though she better be watching her back for the immortal Billy Bush...

Nihil Obstat®
It's sarcasm, get over it already!

Hotseat Or Bust!
Bored Hottie

#5 Post by Hotseat Or Bust! » Wed May 21, 2008 5:43 pm

The John Roberts question is also a question on one of the tests for this season.

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: Transcript 5/21/2008 Danielle Sparks (carryover)

#6 Post by etaoin22 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:53 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Transcript May 21, 2008

Danielle Sparks
Middletown, OH

Danielle is looking for a job and has found the perfect job. There's just one problem, it's Meredith's job. Danielle said she could
be her assistant. Meredith lets her "audition" a little bit by letting her do the lines leading up to playing Millionaire. This is Danielle's very first time
in New York City.

$500

$1000

$2000

$8000

50/50/ leaves

Answers:
$500 A - Black Box
$1000 C - Pirate Master
$2000 B - Accounting for Dummies
$4000 C - Muffin top
$8000 D - John Roberts
The writers fall into the goo.

In both US, and Canada in fact, the Chief Justice is identified as belonging to the country and not to the court. Chief Justice of the United States. There are I believe in US some non-SC court admin responsibilites, dont know about here in Canada.

NellyLunatic1980

#7 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu May 22, 2008 4:31 am

Nihil obstat®

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Thu May 22, 2008 5:23 am

etaoin22 wrote:In both US, and Canada in fact, the Chief Justice is identified as belonging to the country and not to the court. Chief Justice of the United States. There are I believe in US some non-SC court admin responsibilites, dont know about here in Canada.
You're absolutely right. According to Wikipedia, both the Chief Justice of the U.S. and the Chief Justice of Canada have some other duties. For instance, the Chief Justice of Canada fills in for the Governor General if he or she is incapacitated.

earendel

#9 Post by earendel » Thu May 22, 2008 5:30 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Danielle Sparks
Middletown, OH

Danielle is looking for a job and has found the perfect job. There's just one problem, it's Meredith's job. Danielle said she could be her assistant. Meredith lets her "audition" a little bit by letting her do the lines leading up to playing Millionaire. This is Danielle's very first time in New York City.
I should have added something to my comments on yesterday's show - Danielle was introduced as someone who was (IIRC) "obsessed with trivia". I should have added "Cue the ominous organ music" because that's never a good sign.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$1000

I actually watched this show and was disappointed that the final two or three episodes were never aired.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2000

As this question came up elwing said, "There's no accounting for dummies."
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8000

50/50/ leaves

Meredith asks Danielle if her choice is still there. Danielle says both of them are. She goes with A - John Paul Stevens and leaves with $1000.
See what I mean? And this isn't even an obscure trivia fact.

Nihil obstat® for me.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 22, 2008 7:12 am

MyBigFatFabulousBrain wrote:$1000

Is it just me, or do there seem to be an infinite number of reality series on an infinite number of channels now? Is there anyone out there who doesn't star in their own reality series now? I'll bet even Marley's got something in the works...
Well...I'm pitching a special season of Big Brother, where all the contestants are shy, boring introverts like myself and staying in the house together is like one of the circles of Hell. You interested?

Then there'll be the season of Big Brother where the usual What Else publicity hounds are walled up inside the house and just left there. :twisted:

gsabc

#11 Post by gsabc » Thu May 22, 2008 7:24 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Danielle Sparks
Middletown, OH
I should have added something to my comments on yesterday's show - Danielle was introduced as someone who was (IIRC) "obsessed with trivia". I should have added "Cue the ominous organ music" because that's never a good sign.
Full disclosure requires me to state that while I am not "obsessed" with trivia, it is a very long-standing avocation. I purchased copies of Goodgold and Carlinsky's Trivia and More Trivial Trivia when they first came out in the mid-60's, and wore them out.

I know enough not to reveal this when I'm in the hotseat. That is equivalent to challenging "Worse", or telling God your plans.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

#12 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 22, 2008 7:27 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Danielle is looking for a job and has found the perfect job. There's just one problem, it's Meredith's job. Danielle said she could be her assistant.
Danielle's not one of the new APs this year, by any chance, is she? :roll:

MarleysGh0st

#13 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 22, 2008 7:50 am

Two news reports about Danielle's carryover appearance.

Just two lines in an entertainment column here. But how could she hope to compete for top billing against the "Cincinnati Television Newsperson Idol Rip-off" karaoke contest?

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 9/-1/CINCI

And a somewhat longer article here, under the headline:
No justice: MHS grad earns grand on 'millionaire'
http://www.oxfordpress.com/hp/content/o ... naire.html

But it wasn't "no justice," just the "wrong justice". :wink:

tanstaafl2

#14 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:51 am

earendel wrote:

I actually watched this show and was disappointed that the final two or three episodes were never aired.
As did I. Finally saw the last few on the internet but even if the show is a turkey (I thought this one had some potential but they really didn't do much with it) seems like they should have the decency to finish it out even if they run the last episodes at 3AM on a Saturday.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

earendel

#15 Post by earendel » Thu May 22, 2008 12:50 pm

tanstaafl2 wrote:
earendel wrote:

As did I. Finally saw the last few on the internet but even if the show is a turkey (I thought this one had some potential but they really didn't do much with it) seems like they should have the decency to finish it out even if they run the last episodes at 3AM on a Saturday.
So who won? Not that I'd necessarily remember who was still aboard ship when I saw the last aired episode.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

tanstaafl2

#16 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu May 22, 2008 2:02 pm

earendel wrote:
tanstaafl2 wrote:
earendel wrote: I actually watched this show and was disappointed that the final two or three episodes were never aired.
So who won? Not that I'd necessarily remember who was still aboard ship when I saw the last aired episode.
The final three were:
Jay, the older guy who was constantly backstabbing
Ben, the younger guy who was one of the first officers under Joe Don, the first Captain and
Christa, the "hot" blonde mom.

Pretty decent last couple of episodes as these three had formed an alliance. When Ben got split up from them on the next mission with the final four he successfully sabatoged his own team, as they had all agreed to do. As a result Jay stuck to the deal and kept Ben in and cut Louie, who was in the final four, who gets set adrift.

Then the past players come back and in the final three the past players get to decide who the final two will be and quickly cut Jay out of the game without much hesitation. Then the final two players, Christa and Ben, have to pick a team from the people who had gotten cut to go on the final mission. Most want to help Christa so Ben offers to pay his team with money he has won so far. Christa decides to do the same and eventually they pick a team for the final mission.

Ben eventually wins the final mission and becomes Pirate Master.

I only vaguely remember all this and had to supplement my meager memories by going to Wiki and CBS!

Wiki

CBS

On the CBS link you may still be able to watch the last few episodes. It was five episodes, including the 2 hour finale, that never got air time.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh