Fascism in Tennessee

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Fascism in Tennessee

#51 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:56 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:31 pm
I haven't posted much in this thread. Just sitting back watching the hypocracy of the group.

I've seen the protests and it looks like a group of people, uninvited, where they weren't legally supposed to be, interrupting a democratic process run by duly elected officials, shouting threats of violence. I've seen that before, only in the original version those folks were arrested, held without bail for months, lives ruined, and anyone who even slightly sided with them were investigated. And the hypocrites here call if Fascism when some elected officials leading that protest, out front on camera, were removed from the body?
No one shouted threats of violence, no one was armed, and no one got hurt. I would not have objected (other than by pointing out that they were ignoring the views of a clear majority of their populace) if the House majority had ordered the gallery cleared in order to move forward with the agenda. Expelling the two Black members (thereby depriving their constituents of the representation they had elected) was far beyond the pale. Particularly when one of the Representatives voting for that expulsion asked (at a committee hearing) about adding "hanging by a tree" to the list of approved methods of execution in Tennessee.

Attempting to equate a peaceful political protest to the January 6 insurrection is simply trying to gaslight us. That may play to the base. I'm pretty sure no one else is buying it. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are paying attention to the fact that the two Black men got expelled while the white woman didn't. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#52 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:14 pm

BackInTex wrote:
And the hypocrites here call if Fascism when some elected officials leading that protest, out front on camera, were removed from the body?
Since 1866, only two elected Tennessee representatives had been removed from office. One was found guilty of accepting a bribe; the other was removed after several women made allegations against him of sexual misconduct. Activities that didn't warrant expulsion include peeing on another representative's chair, a representative who assaulted teenage girls for whom he was the high school basketball coach (they said they couldn't expel him because he has been fairly elected), being charged with money laundering and bribery, saying during a committee hearing that the state should add hanging from a tree to the approved methods of execution. None of these measures warranted any sort of condemnation, but addressing protestors with a bullhorn warranted expulsion.

The hypocrisy is in the Tennessee legislature, not in those who have objected to the expulsion. (By the way, both expelled members have now been reinstated by their local governmental boards pending a special election.)
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#53 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:50 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:56 pm
depriving their constituents of the representation they had elected) was far beyond the pale.
But you had no problem, and even celebrated and supported, the baseless impeachment hearings of President Trump, the duly elected president. You may not like him, I get that, but none of the impeachment reasons were real, and everyone (in the Demcratic Party leadership) knew it. Hell, half of them helped pay for the false narratives. You'll make up shit but at the end of the day there was nothing real there. And still isn't. You are blind in one eye and have some VaR (vitural alernate reality) eyepiece on the other.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#54 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:58 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:50 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
depriving their constituents of the representation they had elected) was far beyond the pale.
But you had no problem, and even celebrated and supported, the baseless impeachment hearings of President Trump, the duly elected president. You may not like him, I get that, but none of the impeachment reasons were real, and everyone (in the Demcratic Party leadership) knew it. Hell, half of them helped pay for the false narratives. You'll make up shit but at the end of the day there was nothing real there. And still isn't. You are blind in one eye and have some VaR (vitural alernate reality) eyepiece on the other.
Bipartisan conviction votes demonstrated that there was nothing baseless about the charges. Donny abused the power of his office. That merits removal from office. Calling the charges baseless is just more gaslighting.

But I shouldn't be surprised. You probably get most of your "news" from Fox, which has demonstrated time and time again that it's willing to lie to its viewers. I will admit to being a bit surprised that it's also willing to lie in court. I probably shouldn't have been surprised that a company that's willing to deliberately lie to its viewers also is willing to lie in court, but I was. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Weyoun

#55 Post by Weyoun » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:01 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:50 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
One of my biggest problems with you in particular is that you don’t really make arguments, you just talk about what the other side does.

I disagreed with the first Trump impeachment. I thought his actions were distasteful, and we are seeing the fruits of a foreign policy based on bribing foreign leaders for personal gain as opposed to the national interest.

On the other hand, I thought the second impeachment was totally appropriate, and he should be permitted from ever becoming president ever again because of his awful actions.

Of course, this was after the 2020 election, so we can’t really say it is overriding a voter mandate.

You don’t really address the position that what was done by the Tennessee legislature was actually right or wrong, you just talk about what the Democrats have done.

Where is your actual integrity? What do you actually believe our elected leaders SHOULD do? The answer isn’t to just do what Democrats have done because you’re mad at them and this is a sandbox.

The answer is to actually try to govern the country, use reasonable standards to determine who should be allowed to sit in the legislator, and try to understand that going forward, whatever precedent you create will be used in the future as well.

Weyoun

#56 Post by Weyoun » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:04 pm

BackInTex wrote:
I haven't posted much in this thread. Just sitting back watching the hypocracy of the group.

I've seen the protests and it looks like a group of people, uninvited, where they weren't legally supposed to be, interrupting a democratic process run by duly elected officials, shouting threats of violence. I've seen that before, only in the original version those folks were arrested, held without bail for months, lives ruined, and anyone who even slightly sided with them were investigated. And the hypocrites here call if Fascism when some elected officials leading that protest, out front on camera, were removed from the body?
Interesting you mention this. I saw one of the Capitol rioters was just sentenced to four years in jail today.

Of course, he threw a fire extinguisher at two police officers, injuring them.

Absolutely nothing from that Tennessee protest reflected anything that severe.

But lol you “back the blue.”

silverscreenselect

#57 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:40 pm

Tennessee State Representative Scotty Campbell, the Vice Chair of the House Republcan Caucus, has resigned his seat after a local television station made public the findings of a secret ethics subcommittee meeting that Campbell had sexually harrassed one or two legislative interns. Campbell had voted to remove all three Democratic representatives from the House previously. The subcommittee did not remove him from his leadership position or his committee assignments. The House did pay to relocate one of the interns to an undisclosed location for the remainder of her internship. Campbell claimed that he had "consensual, adult conversations" with the two interns, but the ethics subcommittee disagreed.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newsc ... ng-interns

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#58 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:52 am

It appears that the snowflakes of the Montana Legislature got their feelings hurt when confronted with the fact that their anti-trans legislation will probably kill people. Rather than actually addressing the criticism, they have silenced the legislator who dared to say so and now they are reportedly considering either censuring or expelling her.

Just one more example (albeit an extreme one) of right-wing cancel culture and the Republican Party's vision of democracy in action. --Bob

Weyoun

#59 Post by Weyoun » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:15 pm

The hilarious thing about the Montana situation is that they were reportedly not even mad at the legislator, explicitly, just supporters who would yell from the gallery.

Seems like there may be other ways of addressing that problem, but since fascism is en vogue, they’ll suppress dissent all the more.

tlynn78

#60 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:33 am

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:15 pm
The hilarious thing about the Montana situation is that they were reportedly not even mad at the legislator, explicitly, just supporters who would yell from the gallery.

Seems like there may be other ways of addressing that problem, but since fascism is en vogue, they’ll suppress dissent all the more.
More hilarious, especially for those complaining on behalf of disenfranchised voters, was when "she" chose not to participate in voting because "she" had to do it remotely since "she" can't follow simple decorum.. "she is the one who refused to give "her" constituents a voice.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#61 Post by Weyoun » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:25 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:33 am
Weyoun wrote:

More hilarious, especially for those complaining on behalf of disenfranchised voters, was when "she" chose not to participate in voting because "she" had to do it remotely since "she" can't follow simple decorum.. "she is the one who refused to give "her" constituents a voice.
What did she say that was so terrible? I never quite heard that.

Seems interesting like it was the usual parliamentarian back-and-forth.

She’s just a minority that these dudes love to kick around. That’s all.

Bad look. Looks bigoted. Looks un Christian.

Looks like Montana is quickly becoming a haven for the “me first and only” crowd.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#62 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:41 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:25 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:33 am
Weyoun wrote:

What did she say that was so terrible? I never quite heard that.

Seems interesting like it was the usual parliamentarian back-and-forth.

She’s just a minority that these dudes love to kick around. That’s all.

Bad look. Looks bigoted. Looks un Christian.

Looks like Montana is quickly becoming a haven for the “me first and only” crowd.
She told the legislators who had just voted in favor of anti-trans legislation that their actions will kill people and because they are morally responsible for those consequences, they will have "blood on [their] hands." Which is nothing more than the truth, but the Republican Party is full of snowflakes who can't handle the truth. So they went to their default mode of stifling dissent. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#63 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:09 pm

Wow. My generation must have lost over half its members without us even knowing it. All the shit we were exposed to when we were kids that we now have 'answers' to, mostly imposed on us by our experts in the government. But we have been lucky. We should ALL be dead by now based on the prehistoric conditions we were exposed to growing up.

Now we are enlightened to the fact that many of our generation died on us because they weren't given puberty blockers, allowed to have 'gender affirming' surgery and referred to by our preferred pronouns, all without our parent's consent! Jeez, our parents really screwed us up! And we never even knew it!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#64 Post by jarnon » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:53 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:09 pm
Wow. My generation must have lost over half its members without us even knowing it. All the shit we were exposed to when we were kids that we now have 'answers' to, mostly imposed on us by our experts in the government. But we have been lucky. We should ALL be dead by now based on the prehistoric conditions we were exposed to growing up.

Now we are enlightened to the fact that many of our generation died on us because they weren't given puberty blockers, allowed to have 'gender affirming' surgery and referred to by our preferred pronouns, all without our parent's consent! Jeez, our parents really screwed us up! And we never even knew it!
Here are two journal articles documenting the high rate of suicide and suicide attempts among transgender people, one from India and 2016 and the other from the U.S. in 2014:
Suicide and Suicidal Behavior among Transgender Persons
Suicide Attempts among Transgender and Non-Gender-Conforming Adults

Here is a British website that attempts to rebut these arguments:
Suicide Facts and Myths

Keep in mind that transgender people are a small fraction of the population, about 1%. When we were growing up, it was a condition of shame and secrecy, so we weren't aware of it as a cause of suicide. There are many other articles that document this phenomenon, as well as other rebuttals. It's a subject that should be discussed with compassion, not ridiculed as Flock does or silenced as in Montana.
Last edited by jarnon on Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#65 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:00 pm

jarnon wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:53 pm

Here are two journal articles documenting the high rate of suicide and suicide attempts among transgender people, one from India and 2016 and the other from the U.S. in 2014:

Suicide Facts and Myths

Keep in mind that transgender people are a small fraction of the population, about 1%. When we were growing up, it was a condition of shame and secrecy, so we weren't aware of it as a cause of suicide. There are many other articles that document this phenomenon, as well as other rebuttals. It's a subject that should be debated with compassion, not ridiculed as Flock does or silenced as in Montana.
Jarnon, you just don't get it. There is no debate here. Just quoting internet pages from 'experts' on both sides then name-calling and sanctimony. Sarcasm aside, what have I said that is not true?
Here's another one I just thought of.
If we are to allow minors, say of 12 or 13, to decide they are not the sex they biologically are and get medical treatment without their parents consent, then, dammit, they should also be allowed to drink, drive, join the military, have sex, vote and many other things, too. Don't you think? Why not? It's only fair. All the lefties here should definitely agree with me here, or else they are showing their hypocrisy. But, alas, that has never stopped them before.
What about a 6-year-old who believes they are a bunny rabbit? Species affirming surgery?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#66 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:35 pm

jarnon wrote:

Suicide Facts and Myths

Keep in mind that transgender people are a small fraction of the population, about 1%. When we were growing up, it was a condition of shame and secrecy, so we weren't aware of it as a cause of suicide. There are many other articles that document this phenomenon, as well as other rebuttals. It's a subject that should be discussed with compassion, not ridiculed as Flock does or silenced as in Montana.
Perhaps the suicides are due to mental illness? And the discussion is not silenced, although tantruming children are placed in timeout.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#67 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:37 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:35 pm
jarnon wrote:

Suicide Facts and Myths

Perhaps the suicides are due to mental illness? And the discussion is not silenced, although tantruming children are placed in timeout.
Translation: Accusing pro-choice legislators of "wanting to kill babies" is legitimate legislative debate. Telling anti-trans legislators that the legislation they are voting for will kill kids is "tantruming."

I can hardly wait for Democrats in pro-choice states to start applying the same standards that Republicans want to normalize. (Except they'd never do so. Nor should they.) --Bob

kroxquo

#68 Post by kroxquo » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:43 am

Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:00 pm
jarnon wrote:

Suicide Facts and Myths

Keep in mind that transgender people are a small fraction of the population, about 1%. When we were growing up, it was a condition of shame and secrecy, so we weren't aware of it as a cause of suicide. There are many other articles that document this phenomenon, as well as other rebuttals. It's a subject that should be debated with compassion, not ridiculed as Flock does or silenced as in Montana.
Jarnon, you just don't get it. There is no debate here. Just quoting internet pages from 'experts' on both sides then name-calling and sanctimony. Sarcasm aside, what have I said that is not true?
If we are to allow minors, say of 12 or 13, to decide they are not the sex they biologically are and get medical treatment without their parents consent, then, dammit, they should also be allowed to drink, drive, join the military, have sex, vote and many other things, too. Don't you think? Why not? It's only fair. All the lefties here should definitely agree with me here, or else they are showing their hypocrisy. But, alas, that has never stopped them before.
What about a 6-year-old who believes they are a bunny rabbit? Species affirming surgery?
You often disparage people who use valid, scientific citations. What is wrong with using the opinions of people with expertise in a given field? You and I do it all the time. If a pipe breaks in my basement, I am going to rely on an expert to diagnose it and fix it. When my tooth was hurting earlier this year, I relied on an expert to diagnose it and put on a crown instead of my figuring it out myself. Any intellectual debate can and should involve facts and opinions of those more knowledgeable on a subject than ourselves. I will agree with you that I do not condone name calling on either side.

As to your point about other activities, those are all lifestyle choices, not biological imperatives. I know that you disagree that gender dysfunction is biological, but let me ask you. If gender is a choice, when did you decide to be heterosexual? (I am making that assumption. If you are not, I apologize). There must have been a moment that you made that choice. LGBTQ people have to struggle with the knowledge that they are different from the societal norms. I know that this is strictly anecdotal, I have known too many young people who have dealt with that struggle (including 2 of my 3 daughters) and had serious issues up to and including suicide attempts to not acknowledge the issue and try to be sympathetic to them. Jarnon is right; the biggest difference between now and when we were young is awareness that there is a problem.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#69 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:32 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:43 am
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:00 pm
jarnon wrote:

Suicide Facts and Myths

You often disparage people who use valid, scientific citations. What is wrong with using the opinions of people with expertise in a given field? You and I do it all the time. If a pipe breaks in my basement, I am going to rely on an expert to diagnose it and fix it. When my tooth was hurting earlier this year, I relied on an expert to diagnose it and put on a crown instead of my figuring it out myself. Any intellectual debate can and should involve facts and opinions of those more knowledgeable on a subject than ourselves. I will agree with you that I do not condone name calling on either side.

As to your point about other activities, those are all lifestyle choices, not biological imperatives. I know that you disagree that gender dysfunction is biological, but let me ask you. If gender is a choice, when did you decide to be heterosexual? (I am making that assumption. If you are not, I apologize). There must have been a moment that you made that choice. LGBTQ people have to struggle with the knowledge that they are different from the societal norms. I know that this is strictly anecdotal, I have known too many young people who have dealt with that struggle (including 2 of my 3 daughters) and had serious issues up to and including suicide attempts to not acknowledge the issue and try to be sympathetic to them. Jarnon is right; the biggest difference between now and when we were young is awareness that there is a problem.
You, like many who seem to have somehow been given power over the rest of us, are confusing gender with sex. A person born with XY chromosomes is MALE. A person born with XX chromosomes is a FEMALE. And at this point in our scientific knowledge and expertise, they always will be that throughout their lives. That is their SEX.

I have never argued that some persons can be convinced in their minds that they should be a female even though they have XY chromosomes, and vice versa. Up to a few years ago that was a dysfunction called gender dysphoria. But then, some individual or group of people made a decision that changed that, without any debate or input from anyone else, and somehow their decision had the power to reorder our society and culture. And anyone who questions it is accused of all kinds of things. None of them very pleasant. That is what the controversy is about.

This has led to biological MEN being not only allowed, but encouraged and supported by a spate of new regulations and laws, none of them publically debated before they were imposed, to compete against biological women in competitive sports. It has led to biological MEN being allowed to and supported by new regulations and laws to enter and use FEMALE only restrooms, locker rooms and other spaces. It has led to arbitrary and enforced changes to our language and vocabulary coming out of nowhere. It has led to the abominable practice of administering drugs and hormones and surgical procedures to minor children who claim to have what was formerly diagnosed as gender dysphoria, many times being done without even notifying the children's parents or legal guardians.

Can you not see how WRONG that is? Can you not understand how a lot of people have fully valid and compassionate reasons for disagreeing? Can you not see how it is completely against women's rights? I thought your party was supposedly the champion of women's rights. Show me one female who has transitioned to male that has excelled or even participated in male sporting events. There are many reasons there are separate restrooms for men and women. Where has all this come from, and why has it been enforced on us so rapidly and by who, exactly?

My view, and this is MY view, is that a person's SEX is assigned at birth. We are, except in very rare cases, XX or XY exclusively. Female or Male. That, by the way, is actual science. And that will not and cannot be changed. What gender the person decides they want to present themselves as is completely up to them, AFTER THEY BECOME AN ADULT. After whatever arbitrary definition we have decided for everything else: alcohol consumption, voting, military eligibility, etc, an individual can choose to indulge in whatever hormone regimen they want, whatever cosmetic surgery they want, etc. but ONLY after they reach the age of majority. If they do so before the age of majority, it is like everything else: it has to be the decision of the guardian of that child. My opinion is that if any guardian does any of this irreversible stuff to a child, it is child mutilation. If it is done by anyone other than the child's guardian without consent, it is even more criminal, if that is possible.

After such a person reaches adulthood, they can do all that stuff to themselves to their heart's content and they can ask other people to refer to them in whatever way they prefer. But it is a REQUEST. Other people have the right to refer to them in whatever way they want, without legal ramifications, because of our first amendment rights.

But in the eyes of the law, they are the SEX that their chromosomes assign them to. They can present themselves in whatever way they want, but they are the SEX they were born into, and they cannot encroach upon the barriers society has set up for the biological sexes. Otherwise, what's the point of having female sports at all? What's the point of having men's and women's public restrooms?

Your point about suicides may be valid, but I think the recent push to 'educate' minors on sexual issues has probably exacerbated the problem. There are probably other ways than the path that is being forced down our throats that create substantially less unintended consequences to address that problem.

Kansas has, I believe, just passed what I believe is common sense legislation to address this issue as best they can, given the circumstances, but they shouldn't have had to. They were forced to do it by the radical fringe that somehow has more power than they deserve, and do not compromise on anything.
-----------
Our perspectives and our opinions are different. If you think I hate anyone, that's your prerogative, but I will say you are wrong and it's very short-sighted and will lead to more division to act that way. When I decided to return to this board, there was a reason behind it. But I'm still feeling my way as to how to get what I want out of it. It may well be impossible. I decided I would give my opinion but not engage in arguments or debates with the kneejerk haters. I just don't want my decision not to respond to the hate thrown at me to be construed as defacto agreement or surrender to their points. I am just stating my opinions, and regardless of what it looks like on this bored and out on the media wasteland, a lot of other people share my perspective and we're not going away. There will be pushback, and it is growing. They need to get used to it.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Mon May 01, 2023 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverscreenselect

#70 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:41 pm

Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:32 pm
I have never argued that some persons can be convinced in their minds that they should be a female even though they have XY chromosomes, and vice versa. Up to a few years ago that was a dysfunction called gender dysphoria. But then, some individual or group of people made a decision that changed that, without any debate or input from anyone else, and somehow their decision had the power to reorder our society and culture. And anyone who questions it is accused of all kinds of things. None of them very pleasant. That is what the controversy is about.
And once again Flock demonstrates how wrong he is. Gender dysphoria is the mental distress that occurs in some people when their gender identity differs with their assigned sexuality at birth. At one time, it was viewed as a disorder to be treated with psychological therapy so that the individual "got it right." Similarly, at one time, sick people were bled with leeches as an approved medical treatment. Fortunately, science and medicine evolve. Contrary to your assertion, there has been plenty of debate in the scientific/medical community as to whether or not someone who believes themselves to be other than the sex assigned at birth has a mental disorder. The accepted medical opinion now is that they do not.

Your problem here, as with Covid, as with vaccines, and as with any other scientific or medical matter with which you disagree is you think this is all political and subject to a majority vote in some jurisdiction. It's not. No matter how much you believe you can fly, and even if the legislature in some state "repeals" the law of gravity, try stepping off the roof of a tall building and see what happens.

flockofseagulls104

#71 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon May 01, 2023 2:27 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:41 pm
Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:32 pm
And once again Flock demonstrates how wrong he is. Gender dysphoria is the mental distress that occurs in some people when their gender identity differs with their assigned sexuality at birth. At one time, it was viewed as a disorder to be treated with psychological therapy so that the individual "got it right." Similarly, at one time, sick people were bled with leeches as an approved medical treatment. Fortunately, science and medicine evolve. Contrary to your assertion, there has been plenty of debate in the scientific/medical community as to whether or not someone who believes themselves to be other than the sex assigned at birth has a mental disorder. The accepted medical opinion now is that they do not.

Your problem here, as with Covid, as with vaccines, and as with any other scientific or medical matter with which you disagree is you think this is all political and subject to a majority vote in some jurisdiction. It's not. No matter how much you believe you can fly, and even if the legislature in some state "repeals" the law of gravity, try stepping off the roof of a tall building and see what happens.
Did they include in their medical evolution that it is now an accepted and preferred treatment to prescribe puberty blockers and other possibly dangerous substances and perform mutilation on a minor child's body? What ever happened to their oath to 'do no harm'? And since when is 'science' a matter of debate in the scientific and medical community? Did the majority win this debate? Please enlighten me on these points.

jarnon

#72 Post by jarnon » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:39 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:08 pm
Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:33 pm
There has been absolutely NO mention in this bored bubble of the school shooting in Nashville. Probably because the murderer was a self-described transexual. And it is not a wild-eyed conspiracy theory that SHE (XX Chromosomes. I will go by the SCIENCE) targeted that school out of anti-christian hate. It is very sad how mis, ill, and uninformed most of the people here are.
There has been absolutely NO mention by Flock of the bank shooting in Louisville. Probably because the murderer was a cis-gendered white male. And it is not a wild-eyed conspiracy theory that HE targeted that bank because he was about to get fired. That won't fit into Flock's latest anti-trans rant that ignores the real issue. Namely that once again a person with a grudge and an AR-15 is able to inflict massive amounts of damage (including shooting two cops and injuring one critically) before the police were able to bring him down.

It is very sad how mis, ill, and uninformed Flock and those of his ilk are.
It turns out SSS got this one wrong.

Louisville bank mass shooter Connor Sturgeon who killed five co-workers was motivated by outrage over lax gun laws and bought AR-15 to spur politicians into action, new police report finds

Sturgeon certainly doesn’t represent all gun control activists (this is the worst way to promote gun safety), or all Southern straight white men, or all fish for that matter. No more than Hale represents all trans people. It’s risky to draw conclusions about loonies like these.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#73 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:13 pm

This thread should be in the lounge
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#74 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:55 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:13 pm
This thread should be in the lounge
I think the consensus was to leave that choice to ALL of the people posting in a thread, and if memory serves, flock, who has posted in this thread, generally objected to moving existing threads to the Lounge. If I’m mistaken and there are no objections, any Moderator or Administrator can move the thread. —Bob