Transcript 05/22/08 - Jessica Driscoll

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 05/22/08 - Jessica Driscoll

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu May 22, 2008 6:48 pm

Jessica Driscoll
Sewell, NJ

Jessica is a self-described klutz. She has been stuck in a revolving door, run over someone's foot with a car, started a fire in a microwave, and lost her skirt in front of a residence hall. And she's fallen off more stairs than she can imagine.

$100
Which of these chemical elements was named after a familiar geographical location?

A: Europium B: Neon
C: Lead D: Daytona Beachium

$200
What type of animal wreaks havoc in the 1982 thriller "Venom"?

A: Bear B: Monkey
C: Snake D: Dog

$300
A person harboring romatic feelings for a past love is said to be "carrying a" what for them?

A: Sword B: Chain
C: Basket D: Torch

$500
Popular in the 1980s, "valley girl" subculture originated in the San Fernando Valley of what U.S. state?

A: Utah B: California
C: Texas D: Arizona

$1,000
The balloon-cheeked jazz trumpeter John Birks Gillespie is better known by what nickname?

A: Punchy B: Loopy
C: Tipsy D: Dizzy

$2,000
A growing trend in publishing, "blooks" are books developed from content originally presented where?

A: Newspaper columns B: Web sites
C: Radio programs D: Magazines

$4,000
In total, how many silhouetted faces appear on the 2007 U.S. postage stamp that honors jury duty?

A: 8 B: 10
C: 12 D: 14

$8,000
Premiering in 2007, the cable TV drama "Damages" stars what actress as ruthless litigator Patty Hewes?

A: Holly Hunter B: Kyra Sedgwick
C: Susan Sarandon D: Glenn Close

$16,000
What Asian country's constitution names Pashto and Dari as its official languages?

A: Bangladesh B: Armenia
C: Afghanistan D: Nepal

PAF: Jessica calls her boyfriend, Andrew, who tells Meredith that he's more nervous than Jessica is. Meredith mentions that she knows that Jessica and Andrew have been practicing for the PAF call.

Andrew: How do you spell the two names? Pashto?

JESSICA: P A S H T O. P as in pig, A S H T O.

Andrew: And what are the four countries?

Jessica: Bangladesh, Armenia, Afghanistan, Nepal.

Time runs out.

ATA: A: 38% B: 6% C: 32% D: 24%

50/50 leaves C & D.

Jessica really has no idea. She walks with $8,000.

-- Commercial Break --

Answers:
$100: A: Europium
$200: C: Snake
$300: D: Torch
$500: B: California
$1,000: D: Dizzy
$2,000: B: Web sites
$4,000: C: 12
$8,000: D: Glenn Close
$16,000: C: Afghanistan

MyBigFatFabulousBrain
Merry Man

#2 Post by MyBigFatFabulousBrain » Thu May 22, 2008 9:46 pm

Jessica Driscoll
Sewell, NJ

Jessica is a self-described klutz. She has been stuck in a revolving door, run over someone's foot with a car, started a fire in a microwave, and lost her skirt in front of a residence hall. And she's fallen off more stairs than she can imagine.

I remember a guy whose hook to get on this show was his amazing ability to walk right into walls. As I recall, he didn't do so well because you can only slam into a wall so many times before your brain turns into a gooey blob of gray Jello. I'm surprised they didn't install a seat belt on the Hot Seat to protect yourself from yourself... then again, maybe they figured you wouldn't be sitting there long enough to potentially fall on your ass anyway....

$100
Which of these chemical elements was named after a familiar geographical location?

A: Europium B: Neon
C: Lead D: Daytona Beachium

$200

$300
A person harboring romatic feelings for a past love is said to be "carrying a" what for them?

A: Sword B: Chain
C: Basket D: Torch

$500
Popular in the 1980s, "valley girl" subculture originated in the San Fernando Valley of what U.S. state?

A: Utah B: California
C: Texas D: Arizona

Has our klutz ever gagged on a spoon before?

$1,000
The balloon-cheeked jazz trumpeter John Birks Gillespie is better known by what nickname?

A: Punchy B: Loopy
C: Tipsy D: Dizzy

That's dizzy, Jessica, not ditzy...

$2,000
A growing trend in publishing, "blooks" are books developed from content originally presented where?

A: Newspaper columns B: Web sites
C: Radio programs D: Magazines

Doesn't sound like anything I or anyone else with more than half of a brain would want to read... I'll bet they have these "blooks" in the question writer's dungeon...

$4,000
In total, how many silhouetted faces appear on the 2007 U.S. postage stamp that honors jury duty?

A: 8 B: 10
C: 12 D: 14

The only stamp in history to honor dumbasses.... people too stupid to avoid getting chosen for a jury...

$8,000
Premiering in 2007, the cable TV drama "Damages" stars what actress as ruthless litigator Patty Hewes?

What channel is this on, 8,476? Where are the C-SPAN questions?

$16,000
What Asian country's constitution names Pashto and Dari as its official languages?

A: Bangladesh B: Armenia
C: Afghanistan D: Nepal

PAF: Jessica calls her boyfriend, Andrew, who tells Meredith that he's more nervous than Jessica is.

Is he also klutzier than Jessica? It would be funny if he dropped the phone in the toilet midway through the PAF call...

Meredith mentions that she knows that Jessica and Andrew have been practicing for the PAF call.

How in the hell does she know? Exactly what kind of investigative reporting do they do on the Today Show? I'd be checking NBC for some of Dubya's illegal wiretapping equipment...

Andrew: How do you spell the two names? Pashto?

JESSICA: P A S H T O. P as in pig, A S H T O.

A as in anal.. S as in... uh, city. H as in.... hello? Andrew? What's that flushing sound?

Andrew: And what are the four countries?

Jessica: Bangladesh, Armenia, Afghanistan, Nepal.

Time runs out.

Aw, he didn't even have time to ask you to please use Pashto in a sentence. Maybe you should have spelled out the whole question...

ATA: A: 38% B: 6% C: 32% D: 24%

50/50 leaves C & D.

Jessica really has no idea. She walks with $8,000.

And I have no idea where those three lifelines you had coming into this question went? You seem to have lost them like some.... oh, that's right, you are a klutz. Don't break your ankle getting out of the Hot Seat, and if you get caught in the revolving door, hopefully the security guard will be kind enough to give you a swift kick in the ass to extract you from your spinning prison.....

Nihil Obstat®
It's sarcasm, get over it already!

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 05/22/08 - Jessica Driscoll

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:51 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Jessica Driscoll
Sewell, NJ
south NJ, so she's not a Where Else...

$16K: PAF... and hopefully, a better PAF than her boyfriend.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 23, 2008 6:26 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8,000

I never heard of this show, so I'd have to ATA and hope that some of the audience has. Wikipedia says it's on FX and has been nominated for a Golden Globe award.

Jessica was doing so well up to this point. Then she got the geography question and I immediately thought that one would be telling. Was it ever! :(

And it looks like that strange URL doesn't work right inside a URL tag, so I'll just copy it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damages_(TV_series)

slam

#5 Post by slam » Fri May 23, 2008 7:37 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
Sewell, NJ
south NJ, so she's not a Where Else...

$16K: PAF... and hopefully, a better PAF than her boyfriend.
A google of "Pashto Dari national language" shows Afghanistan immediately.

I'd have certainly needed to ATA on the cable show. But that's what they're there for, isn't it?

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 23, 2008 7:58 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $200

Venom is one of my guilty pleasure enjoyable films. It's a pretty nifty little thriller with kidnappers holding a boy and his uncle hostage when their ransome scheme goes haywire and the police surround the place. The catch is that a black mamba is loose somewhere in the townhouse.

Klaus Kinski is the head bad guy, and he was always fun to watch. This is the type of film that Snakes on a Plane could have been.

Thousandaire

#7 Post by Thousandaire » Sat May 24, 2008 1:02 pm

I hate it when so many people walk before getting to $25,000. At least try for it! I suggest WWTBAM institute a new rule: you can't walk before the $25,000 question.

(I also suggested Jeopardy make all Daily Doubles, true Daily Doubles. They haven't taken me up on it).

earendel

#8 Post by earendel » Tue May 27, 2008 6:15 am

Sewell, NJ

She's not a klutz, she's a hazard.

A dream stack for me - nihil obstat® and all lifelines going for the $25K. There's been a lot in the news about the War on Terror regarding the Pashtun tribes in Afghanistan.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 29, 2008 7:07 am

Here's an article about Jessica's appearance.

http://blog.nj.com/southjerseylife/2008 ... _game.html

It talks about her journey to the Hot Seat.
"The test is to make sure you could make it to the million dollar question, and the interview is to see if you would be entertaining for people to watch," said Trisha Miller, publicist for "Millionaire."

But with close to 30,000 people auditioning every year and only 300 contestant slots to fill, passing is not easy.

"When I was originally auditioning, in line there were people there who said they had tried out six times," Driscoll said
Only six times? Pikers! :|

Oh, and Tricia? If that's what the test is for, it's not doing a very good job. Just saying...

The article then continues with some audition advice from Jason Block (!) and from Marybeth Holtzheimer, who won $341K on DoND.