Would You Like To Play a Game?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Earl the Squirrel

Would You Like To Play a Game?

#1 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 pm

In the service of a kinder, gentler and, most importantly, entertaining board with peace, harmony and, most importantly, increased poster participation, I'm willing to take a hit for the team if needed. What does everybody say to a good, old fashioned Fanny LS??

I know, it's been a minute, so here's some background.

This last Prime Day(s), I finally broke down and joined the 21st century by getting my very own Alexa! I was house sitting for my sister a few months ago and found it quite handy, if not really necessary. I've had a Google home system that I got for free with a new phone like back in 2015, but never felt the need to hook it up. Since it's probably way outdated by now and I saw an Echo Pop for less than $20, I went with the new. Nothing fancy, but it suits my needs. I can turn on my own lights and adjust my own thermostat (spoiler alert: I never adjust my thermostat. It's off in summer and set at 62 in the winter).

So I've basically been using it to listen to true crime podcasts and music. I was going to title this post A Modest Proposal, but felt that this audience wasn't quite up for a true crime game...ha!

Since I gave up the Decades rights to Vandal, LS seems the logical choice. If for no other reason that to sharpen up your asses for the LSWE!!!11

I got some ideas listening to Alexa while I pursue my various hobbies (MBAT. Look it up, it's a wonder!), nothing really elaborate but perhaps mildly entertaining. In fact, I was thinking it might be too easy, but I've got a couple twists in mind that I think might prove to be interesting.

So what's the word? (Thunderbird! What's the price?)

Also, for those somehow not aware, YOUR DENVER NUGGETS!!!!11 are World Mother Fucking Champions!!! And I got them at +1600 in Vegas last September.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Would You Like To Play a Game?

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:46 pm

After many, many years of playing LSWE, I've concluded that the only way to win is not to play.

But I'm a sucker for punishment, so I'm in. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

#3 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:38 pm

Earl, have you seen the new “women on death row”.

Gobsmacking!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:41 pm

Bring it.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

kroxquo

#5 Post by kroxquo » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:26 am

I'm always willing to play a game as long as it's not one of the funny ones.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

mrkelley23

#6 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:04 am

I'm on board. I look forward to some actual country music.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

franktangredi

#7 Post by franktangredi » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:55 am

I always want to play a game.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#8 Post by Vandal » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:20 am

Although I am the current key holder for Decades, I will gladly turn them over to you or anyone else who wants to give Decades a try.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:10 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:04 am
I'm on board. I look forward to some actual country music.
If you want to hear some good country music, go to my website: www.juch.org

I have three songs in Broadjam's top ten lists, including #1 and #2 on their Country-Contemporary list!
I Might Love You Tomorrow is #2 on the Country (all genres) list.
That Was Your Last Second Chance is #3.
We're a Couple is #4.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Earl the Squirrel

#10 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:55 pm

Welp, looks like I'm going to have crack open a notebook.... (Nickel notebooks, btw, are now 50 cents! What the fudge, Mecca???)

Oh, Sauce, you're my kinda lover. I don't watch a whole lot of tv anymore. The only habits I've been unable to break are History Channel series and 90 Day Fiance. Yeah, I said it... Is that on WE or Oxygen? For some reason my ID hasn't worked on HD for years, so I kinda stopped watching once my former colleague (of sorts) Joe Kenda's show ended,

Has Darlie Routier been on that show? She's one that I've always been on the fence regarding her guilt or innocence. I think she was convicted in large part for having bleached hair, fake nails and huge implants.

Krox, just for you, I will try my best to not be funny. But I make no promises.

Vandal, are the passwords on the Decades account still the same as when I had them, or did you change them. No reason, just asking for a friend...

As is my wont, there will be a lot of bonus shit that may or may not having anything to do with actual songs. For instance, Bob has already scored a Prescient Point for correctly divining one of the first Bonus Questions.

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:18 pm

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:55 pm
Has Darlie Routier been on that show? She's one that I've always been on the fence regarding her guilt or innocence. I think she was convicted in large part for having bleached hair, fake nails and huge implants.
I'm sure she did it; the physical evidence shows someone couldn't have entered the garage by cutting the screen. There was too much dust on the windowsill. Also, how could she have slept through having her throat cut?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Earl the Squirrel

#12 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:40 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:18 pm
Earl the Squirrel wrote:
I'm sure she did it; the physical evidence shows someone couldn't have entered the garage by cutting the screen. There was too much dust on the windowsill. Also, how could she have slept through having her throat cut?
How do you explain the sock? Also, people who self inflict wounds for that purpose will generally go for one of the limbs (i.e. Diane Downs), not slash their throat with a butcher knife and come within a rch of their carotid artery.

She was not the only adult in the house that night.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#13 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:41 pm

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Welp, looks like I'm going to have crack open a notebook.... (Nickel notebooks, btw, are now 50 cents! What the fudge, Mecca???)
How quaint..... and untimely, since for the first time in my millions of years of working at Mecca, we've already folded up the BTS shoppe to put out goddamn Halloween candy two weeks before Labor Day!

Oh, did someone mention LS? Looks like I better brush up on my 2000's hip hop artists and Phil Collins....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Earl the Squirrel

#14 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:45 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:41 pm

Oh, did someone mention LS? Looks like I better brush up on my 2000's hip hop artists and Phil Collins....

lb13
Or not. Although this is what is considered the 50th anniversary of Hip Hop this month...

Hotseat Or Bust!
Bored Hottie

#15 Post by Hotseat Or Bust! » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:38 pm

A good, old fashioned Fanny LS....Yay! Count me in! Regarding Darlie...in addition to the bleached hair/heavy make up, etc., she did herself no favors with the balloons and silly string at the cemetery. I've always thought she is most likely guilty, but the sock and her own near fatal injuries leave a bit of doubt. Oh, and I was at Staples the other night and notebooks were 35 cents!

Vandal
Director of Promos

#16 Post by Vandal » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:46 pm

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Vandal, are the passwords on the Decades account still the same as when I had them, or did you change them. No reason, just asking for a friend...
That friend will be happy to know that I never changed them.
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:07 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:40 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:18 pm
Earl the Squirrel wrote:
How do you explain the sock? Also, people who self inflict wounds for that purpose will generally go for one of the limbs (i.e. Diane Downs), not slash their throat with a butcher knife and come within a rch of their carotid artery.

She was not the only adult in the house that night.
The sock was planting false evidence. People do slash their own throats. There was testimony from both sides about whether that was the typical way to do it.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#18 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:07 pm

I'll play. I'll suck. Any weirdass humor points?
Well, then

Earl the Squirrel

#19 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:51 pm

Vandal wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:46 pm
Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Yay! Errr, I mean.... huh, that's interesting.

Beebs, have you met me? I know it's been a while since I've run a game, but they are generally nothing BUT weirdass humour points....

Btw, I think Friday might be a good day to start. Not that I have anything actually prepared yet, but it's the first, plus it will give it a few extra days over the weekend for people who don't drop by every day to see that it's started.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#20 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:59 pm

I trust your...wait it's raining! My brain might rejuvenate...wait there's a film noir on.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#21 Post by Vandal » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:07 pm

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:51 pm
Vandal wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:46 pm
Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Yay! Errr, I mean.... huh, that's interesting.

Beebs, have you met me? I know it's been a while since I've run a game, but they are generally nothing BUT weirdass humour points....

Btw, I think Friday might be a good day to start. Not that I have anything actually prepared yet, but it's the first, plus it will give it a few extra days over the weekend for people who don't drop by every day to see that it's started.
The bolded strategy has worked well for LB and Winter LS over the years.
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man