Stay Tuned for the Creepy Part at the End

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Stay Tuned for the Creepy Part at the End

#1 Post by Spock » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:02 pm

Mrs. Spock is tangentially (and maybe more than that) involved in a co-worker's domestic abuse situation.

There are about 12-15 ladies who work at the small company where Mrs. S works.

It has been well-known among them that one of the women who works there is involved with a really bad domestic situation-ie-showing up with bruises, days missed with migraines, numerous harassing phone calls when she is at work.

They all kind of wouldn't be surprised if he showed up and shot up the workplace.

The fir, has bent over backwards to help her (Mrs. S is her direct supervisor).

2 weeks ago, she missed 4 days with migraines. If she had not shown up on Friday, they were going to call for a wellness check.

Hopefully, this week, things changed.

I forget the days, but this Thursday (I think), he kept calling her cell phone. When she stopped answering, he started calling the business line.

Mrs. Spock asked for him to be transferred to her on about the 5th call and she had a conversation with him that he could not keep doing that-etc etc and if it was an emergency to call 911.

He called again and she talked to him again-I think he called again and said he had called the sheriff's office and relayed that they said he could not keep calling.

Meanwhile, another worker there was getting through to her and she finally admitted that he has been physically, emotionally and sexually abusing her for years.

She did not go home that night and went to her son's (this creep is not the dad). She told them what had been going on and I don't think he and his wife had any idea.

Friday, they went to a battered women's group and they helped her with a restraining order and such.

Meanwhile, (the creepy part) he brought flowers to the office for her AND for Mrs. Spock (with an apology for his behavior.

OK, so I guess she is target #2?

I guess he was a little miffed that the office was locked and that he had to be let in. The girl who let him in felt bad, as she didn't know who it was. They have all seen pictures now.

I forgot to mention that (on Thursday) Mrs. Spock went ahead and had the office doors locked as a precaution. Everybody knew why she was doing it.

if she can successfully stay away from Creep-a load will be lifted from her life and I would guess the recurring migraines will go away.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Stay Tuned for the Creepy Part at the End

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:13 pm

Holy crap
Well, then

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:05 am

I've seen this before.

Just before reading this, I wrote a song to an obsessed ex-lover. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote one about a woman's abusive soon-to-be ex.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:39 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:05 am
I've seen this before.

Just before reading this, I wrote a song to an obsessed ex-lover. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote one about a woman's abusive soon-to-be ex.
Yep, this is exactly a classic case of a domestic abuse situation.

I didn't get around to mentioning that on Thursday (the phone calls day) -late in the day she took a call (on speaker) from him-with the helpful co-worker present to provide support.

The words "I will destroy you" were said by him. As the co-worker said to her-this man supposedly loves you-etc etc and threats to destroy you come out of his mouth.

Next day he was sending her the flowers.

I just hope she is strong enough to keep it ended. But, I will not be surprised either way.

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:35 am

Just awful. I hope she has the strength and support to make the break.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:04 am

When I was still in Human Resources, we lost a good employee who was embroiled in the same situation. She finally gave up and moved away. I hope it turned out well for her.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:37 am

Spock wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:39 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:05 am
I've seen this before.

Yep, this is exactly a classic case of a domestic abuse situation.

I didn't get around to mentioning that on Thursday (the phone calls day) -late in the day she took a call (on speaker) from him-with the helpful co-worker present to provide support.

The words "I will destroy you" were said by him. As the co-worker said to her-this man supposedly loves you-etc etc and threats to destroy you come out of his mouth.

Next day he was sending her the flowers.

I just hope she is strong enough to keep it ended. But, I will not be surprised either way.
Have her send this song to him:

Gotta Let Go: A Lighthouse No More

(Verse 1)
C G Am F
Hey, it's been a while since we said goodbye;
C G Am F
Thought we closed that chapter; let it all just die.
Dm C G F
But you're back again, knockin' on my door;
Dm C G F
Did you really think I'd feel how I felt before?

(Pre-Chorus)
Am F C G
Love's a burning candle; sometimes it's gotta go out.
Am F C G
Don't you understand what movin' on is all about?

(Chorus)
F C G Am
I can't be your lighthouse in a sea of dark despair.
F C G Am
You're obsessed, and it ain't fair.
F C G Am
The love we had is gone, like a whisper in the air.
F G C
You've gotta let go, gotta let go; we're no longer a pair.

(Verse 2)
C G Am F
You text me late at night, sayin' you're alone.
C G Am F
You linger in my life like an unpaid loan.
Dm C G F
I've got my boundaries drawn up in red.
Dm C G F
You say you miss me, but I'm light-years ahead.

(Pre-Chorus)
Am F C G
Am F C G

(Chorus)
F C G Am
F C G Am
F C G Am
F G C

(Bridge)
Dm C F G
I wish you well, don't get me wrong;
Dm C F G
It's just that our love story's no longer a song.
Dm C F G
You're a faded photograph, a chapter closed.
Dm C F G
It's time to leave behind what you've long opposed.

(Pre-Chorus)
Am F C G
Am F C G

(Chorus)
F C G Am
F C G Am
F C G Am
F G C

(Outro)
F C G Am
Turn your ship around, sail to a new shore.
F C G Am
Our love's a ghost town; don't haunt it anymore.
F G C
F G C
You've gotta let go, gotta let go; it's time for self-care.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.