If it doesn't actually involve Physics

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

If it doesn't actually involve Physics

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri May 23, 2008 7:17 am

you can substitute the word "bullshit" for "quantum" and not affect the meaning.

I'm just saying.

esp if it is in the title to a book.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 23, 2008 7:27 am

Okay, you're talking about some book along the lines of The Secret.

Care to tell us the whole title?

#3 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri May 23, 2008 7:46 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Okay, you're talking about some book along the lines of The Secret.

Care to tell us the whole title?
This is the silliness that set me off.

more bs words
detox
steel cut
cleanse

Oprah Winfrey is in detox.

The talk show host has started a 21-day cleanse diet developed by spiritual counselor Kathy Freston, author of "Quantum Wellness," Oprah says on her blog.

Oprah plans to eliminate caffeine, sugar, alcohol, gluten and animal products on the diet, which usually lasts 3 weeks. She started the cleanse on Sunday, according to the blog.

"For breakfast, I had steel-cut oatmeal with fresh blueberries, strawberries, chopped walnuts and a splash of soy milk and some agave nectar. For lunch, chunky mushroom soup with wild rice and pecans," Oprah writes. "As a snack, a handful of roasted almonds. And for dinner, a baked potato drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper with a salad of shredded lettuce, cranberries, pine nuts and tiny orange slices with a vinegar and oil dressing."

On Monday, Oprah mixed it up getting "baptized in Vegan Land" with strawberry rhubarb wheat-free crepes
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:50 am

The talk show host has started a 21-day cleanse diet developed by spiritual counselor Kathy Freston, author of "Quantum Wellness," Oprah says on her blog.

Oprah plans to eliminate caffeine, sugar, alcohol, gluten and animal products on the diet, which usually lasts 3 weeks. She started the cleanse on Sunday, according to the blog.

"For breakfast, I had steel-cut oatmeal with fresh blueberries, strawberries, chopped walnuts and a splash of soy milk and some agave nectar. For lunch, chunky mushroom soup with wild rice and pecans," Oprah writes. "As a snack, a handful of roasted almonds. And for dinner, a baked potato drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper with a salad of shredded lettuce, cranberries, pine nuts and tiny orange slices with a vinegar and oil dressing."

On Monday, Oprah mixed it up getting "baptized in Vegan Land" with strawberry rhubarb wheat-free crepes

MBFFB® would have a field day with that. It sounds as idiotic as some of the show's blathering.....

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 23, 2008 7:56 am

I hate it when my quanta aren't well.

gsabc

#6 Post by gsabc » Fri May 23, 2008 7:59 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

MBFFB® would have a field day with that. It sounds as idiotic as some of the show's blathering.....

lb13
As far as I'm concerned, she could go off food and water entirely for three weeks and waste away on national TV. The room left behind by the absence of her ego would house several families.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:28 am

Eat less move more.

simple physics

#8 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri May 23, 2008 8:40 am

peacock2121 wrote:Eat less move more.

simple physics
In geek speak. Thermodynamics is a more optimum model for human weight loss than Quantum Physics
Suitguy is not bitter.

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:42 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:Eat less move more.

simple physics
In geek speak. Thermodynamics is a more optimum model for human weight loss than Quantum Physics
yeah - what suitgeek said.