Good brand of pressure washer??

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Good brand of pressure washer??

#1 Post by gsabc » Fri May 23, 2008 8:19 am

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable pressure washer that costs $300 or less? I probably need it twice a year for the deck, same to wash off the vinyl siding, then low pressure stuff for the cars. So I don't need a really high pressure deal. I trust your opinions more than the ones I can find elsewhere online. You're also less confusing, most of the time anyway. Thanks!!
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

christie1111
11:11

#2 Post by christie1111 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:26 am

Could you rent one?

It sounds like you could rent one for this event and put off the cost to the future.

I think the money you would save at this point in time wuld be helpful.

And like renting a car, you could try out a model and see if you like it.

christie, just trying to be helpful
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

peacock2121

Re: Good brand of pressure washer??

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:27 am

gsabc wrote:Can anyone recommend a good, reliable pressure washer that costs $300 or less? I probably need it twice a year for the deck, same to wash off the vinyl siding, then low pressure stuff for the cars. So I don't need a really high pressure deal. I trust your opinions more than the ones I can find elsewhere online. You're also less confusing, most of the time anyway. Thanks!!
Have you rented one to do it yourself before?

I would rent one and then decide if you would be better off paying a company to do it for you on a regular basis.

Chronic Diarrhea
Merry Man

#4 Post by Chronic Diarrhea » Fri May 23, 2008 8:31 am

Yeah, I could use one too! Preferrably one I could hook up to the bathtub faucet....

Ooooohhhhh!!!!

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Fri May 23, 2008 8:36 am

Addendum: Yes, I have rented before. It worked great, once they actually gave me the nozzles (they forgot when I picked it up, requiring a second trip to the hardware store). One purchase is about 3.5 rentals at current prices.

We have pine trees that drip sap all over the deck and deck furniture. We also have some interesting green stuff that forms on the vinyl siding on one side of the house. Both are at least annual cleanings, or would be if the pressure washer were readily available. The new car has a coating that resists pine sap, and requires hand- or automatic touchless-washing only. We have no garage or carport, and no way to build one.

mellytu74

#6 Post by mellytu74 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:57 am

gsabc --

We are looking at pressure washers right now.

We have rented/used our friend Denny's enough over the past two years that we realized it's worth it for us to buy one.

What size are you looking at? Our upper limit is 2200.

Boonie saw a Craftsman model he liked. Also a Troy-Bilt with a Briggs & Stratton engine.

He was going pressure washing shopping afte he shopped for groceries.

He likes retirement.

I'll let you know if he gets one today.

fantine33

#7 Post by fantine33 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:01 am

I shouldn't bother.
Last edited by fantine33 on Sat May 24, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#8 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:23 am

Chronic Diarrhea wrote:Yeah, I could use one too! Preferrably one I could hook up to the bathtub faucet....

Ooooohhhhh!!!!
Just don't hook it up to the bidet!!!!
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Catfish

#9 Post by Catfish » Fri May 23, 2008 10:34 am

fantine33 wrote:I've got a Karcher that I like really well. It also has the extra hose thing for soap that is very handy when it comes to washing the window that are just for fancy three stories up on my house. Can't beat German efficiency for pressure washers or vacuum cleaners (yes, I know James Dyson is English, but he's got that German ein, drei, ein, drei thing going on).

I found out the hard way that it doesn't pay to try and go on the cheap with pressure washers. I tried a couple cheap ones that the hoses split or the pressure was pretty much what I'd get out of the garden tap. I paid a little under $100 and a little over $100 for those and the Karcher was two-something.

Best part about having and not renting is you actually end up cleaning off stuff when it needs it because you just have to go grab it instead of hauling ass somewhere and hauling one home and back. And we all know that preventative maintenance is best. Right?

It wasn't that big a deal when I lived in a quaint little bungalow, but after I moved it on up to the east side, it's one of the most utile pieces of equipment I own.
My husband agrees. He researched and tested and bought a Karcher. As soon as you get it home, you will find that just about everything in your house and yard that can be powerwashed will be powerwashed. You may want to hide it from your neighbors, because they will soon find that everything in their houses and yards will need to be powerwashed as well. And don't try to powerwash GW; if she is anything like me, she will not like it.
Catfish

gsabc

#10 Post by gsabc » Fri May 23, 2008 10:38 am

Catfish wrote:And don't try to powerwash GW; if she is anything like me, she will not like it.
Powerwashing GW isn't what I normally have in mind. :twisted:

We don't want to scandalize BD. We wait till she's out of the house.

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 23, 2008 11:11 am

fantine33 wrote: Can't beat German efficiency for pressure washers or vacuum cleaners (yes, I know James Dyson is English, but he's got that German ein, drei, ein, drei thing going on).
What is the German "one, three, one, three" thing? :?

gsabc

#12 Post by gsabc » Fri May 23, 2008 11:23 am

Catfish wrote:And don't try to powerwash GW; if she is anything like me, she will not like it.
Oh, and I'd like details of the attempt to powerwash you, while you're at it. (As Bill Cosby says, "Man is constant.") :twisted:

fantine33

#13 Post by fantine33 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:38 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
fantine33 wrote: Can't beat German efficiency for pressure washers or vacuum cleaners (yes, I know James Dyson is English, but he's got that German ein, drei, ein, drei thing going on).
What is the German "one, three, one, three" thing? :?
I speak four languages, but German isn't one of them. Ha! Actually, I do know how to count to three in German (I can also say paper and shithead, which is pretty much all one needs to know, yes?), although now that I'm saying it out loud, I think I missed an S on the ein.

Anyway, I must have been subconsciously thinking of the one, three, one, three joke when I was writing it. So, it should have been eins, zwei, eins, zwei.

If you're not familiar with the "one, three, one, three" joke (depending on the version it can also be the "two, four, two, four" joke) then I can't help you on that. It's a little too racy to repeat here.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#14 Post by kayrharris » Sat May 24, 2008 7:41 am

Too racy for here? I don't think so. I'm just sayin'...... :evil:
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin