New Disney World question

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

New Disney World question

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 23, 2008 8:45 am

[I'm bumping this out of Bix's thread, since that discussion seems to have ended.]

Has anyone ever stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort? Recommendations?

What's the difference between their standard view rooms and preferred rooms?

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:52 am

What happened to the old Disney World?

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 23, 2008 9:01 am

peacock2121 wrote:What happened to the old Disney World?
Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded! :P

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:12 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Good one, marley.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 am

I've stayed at Pop Century (when I taped WWTBAM) and the Beach Club. The Beach Club is very nice and I love the sandy bottom pool.

I believe that the Caribbean Beach Resort falls between the two in terms of amenities.

Here are some reviews that I found:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... orida.html

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: New Disney World question

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:30 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:[I'm bumping this out of Bix's thread, since that discussion seems to have ended.]

I would find a map of the property and then request a room near a bus stop and the main lobby, as it is a large layout and the far edges of the resort are a long walk from check in/out. Can't remember which wing we stayed in, but the rooms are the largest of the moderate resorts. Decent food court and one full service rest., which was ok but not overwhelming. When I get home I'll try to find a link to some advice on the best buildings, as I recall that the bus picks up in one area first at all times, meaning if you're at the bus stop that gets picked up last, you'll always be standing.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 23, 2008 10:59 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:I would find a map of the property and then request a room near a bus stop and the main lobby, as it is a large layout and the far edges of the resort are a long walk from check in/out.
Thanks, T-Bone. The reason I'm asking is because I've been talking to MarleysSister on the phone. They've decided to put together a last-minute trip to WDW (June 6-15) and were wondering if I'd like to come down, too.

When we last talked, she had a hold on a reservation; I'll have to check this evening if she confirmed that. If so, I'd want to request a room in the same village they've got (whatever one that is). So part of what I'm wondering is if the preferred rooms would be different villages from the standard rooms--closer the the amenities, as you've mentioned.

I haven't found any specific description of the differences.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:[I'm bumping this out of Bix's thread, since that discussion seems to have ended.]

I would find a map of the property and then request a room near a bus stop and the main lobby, as it is a large layout and the far edges of the resort are a long walk from check in/out. Can't remember which wing we stayed in, but the rooms are the largest of the moderate resorts. Decent food court and one full service rest., which was ok but not overwhelming. When I get home I'll try to find a link to some advice on the best buildings, as I recall that the bus picks up in one area first at all times, meaning if you're at the bus stop that gets picked up last, you'll always be standing.
Good advice on the bus stop! My bus always went through Port Orleans after picking us up at the French Quarter and yes, the last ones picked up wound up standing.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#9 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Here is a link to my favorite Disney site, All Ears net.

This is a direct link to the Caribbean Beach Resort Fact Page. It seems to answer most of your questions. There are also pics of rooms and other parts of the resort if you click around a bit.

As you click around the main site (www.allearsnet.com), you can also find links to the menus of all of the WDW restaraunts, including the ones at Caribbean Beach. Happy hunting!

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_cbr.htm
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 23, 2008 7:22 pm

Well, thanks for all the advice, but this trip's off, at least for now.

They thought about it more last night and decided that the expense, the flight connections, etc. were just too much. Not much of a surprise that trying to book a last minute vacation to WDW at the start of the summer finds a lot of the hotels booked up.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#11 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri May 23, 2008 8:05 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
One of my co-workers is going to a conference in Anaheim and plans to spend one afternoon at Disneyland.

Now somebody's gonna tell me that Disneyland is not the "old Disney World."
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

peacock2121

#12 Post by peacock2121 » Sat May 24, 2008 4:27 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
One of my co-workers is going to a conference in Anaheim and plans to spend one afternoon at Disneyland.

Now somebody's gonna tell me that Disneyland is not the "old Disney World."
LOL - I won't tell you that, I will tell you I was making a joke.

I think Marley was asking a new question about Disneyland, not a question about new Disneyland.

MarleysGh0st

#13 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat May 24, 2008 9:11 am

peacock2121 wrote:I think Marley was asking a new question about Disneyland, not a question about new Disneyland.
Just so. :)

Bix had been asking about Disney World in another thread, but that discussion had ended, likely because she was already on her way by yesterday morning! 8)