Here's the deal with the GOFF LS

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)

What's going on with GOFF LS?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:54 pm

Keeping it going as best you can
11%
Hit October with both barrels
89%

Total votes: 18

Earl the Squirrel

Here's the deal with the GOFF LS

#1 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:54 pm

So I've gotten a treatment plan that going to occupy me on Tuesday through Thursday for at least the next couple of weeks. This means that there would be no Wednesday game, although I'm pretty sure I can keep it going on Thursday. What does this mean for you, the player? You get extra time to answer if you're a Johnny Come Lately or just forgetful.

I'm going to try and at least keep current on posting the answers, but I'll probably have to get the scoring caught up on weekends.

Yeah, it's my fault probably for deciding to do a with a start date of like three days away, but things were cool then, all right?

The other option is to just shelve it until October 1, when everything will be all set up and ready to go and I hopefully won't have any burdens on my time to do answers and scoring in a timely fashion. This might be the best option, but we had some good momentum going and I don't want to give everybody a case of LS blue balls.

So, what do you say? I'll leave this open through the weekend.

Earl the Squirrel

Re: Here's the deal with the GOFF LS

#2 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:28 pm

I've edited my original post to show that I'm occupied Tuesday through Thursday, not just Wednesday and Thursday. I don't know why it would, but if this somehow changes your vote, then go ahead and feel free.

Hotseat Or Bust!
Bored Hottie

#3 Post by Hotseat Or Bust! » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:53 am

I voted for October. I hope your treatments go well and you'll be feeling better very soon!! xo.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:47 pm

Do whatever is best for you.
Well, then

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:08 pm

Concentrate on taking care of yourself, now.

Bored games can wait.

Earl the Squirrel

#6 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:56 pm

Thank you all for being so understanding. And special thanks to Frank for taking up my slack and posting a new game to make up for the lack of LS!

I think we have about 15 players and right now it's 15-2 in favour of October so I guess we have our results. The Labor Day and Freddie Mercury games were the only ones I had that were September specific, so I won't have to redo anything I already have completed to just move it to October. The scores so far will count towards the rest of the game.

I'm happy it turned out this way because these three days are kicking my ass! When I'm home all I want to do is sleep. Hopefully I can get all of my sleep out tomorrow and get all of the current games wrapped up this weekend.

Earl the Squirrel

#7 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:53 pm

Update:

Bad-ish News: I'm going to be having therapy treatments for at least two more weeks, probably longer.

Good News: I'm finally seeing some progress and doing better, at least I'm not basically on bedrest four days of the week.

What It Means: My main problem now is being able to sit at the computer long enough to type up everything for posting. I'm going to work on trying to get the existing ones completed and see how it goes. I'm still adding playlists to the ol' notebook, so there's no lack of material, it's just being able to get it ready.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:40 pm

Only do what you can do. We'll be here regardless. Peace
Well, then

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:48 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:53 pm
Update:

Bad-ish News: I'm going to be having therapy treatments for at least two more weeks, probably longer.

Good News: I'm finally seeing some progress and doing better, at least I'm not basically on bedrest four days of the week.

What It Means: My main problem now is being able to sit at the computer long enough to type up everything for posting. I'm going to work on trying to get the existing ones completed and see how it goes. I'm still adding playlists to the ol' notebook, so there's no lack of material, it's just being able to get it ready.
Do what is best for you. Follow doctor's orders and don't worry about things that are secondary.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Ritterskoop

#10 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:04 am

We're rooting for you! Games can wait.

But yeah, sometimes it's nice to have a project, to distract from the main thing that sucks.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Earl the Squirrel

#11 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:55 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:04 am
We're rooting for you! Games can wait.

But yeah, sometimes it's nice to have a project, to distract from the main thing that sucks.
We were rooting for you! We were all rooting for you! Oh, Tyra... Thanks for the chuckle.

In other news, I have now completed the treatment portion of my plan and just have a couple more weeks of physical therapy, then I see my doctor.

So my main project, aside from watching Your Reigning NBA World Motherfucking Champion Denver Nuggets kick ass, will be trying decipher my handwriting on all my scrawled playlists on various pieces of paper and get some shit typed up and ready to go!

I checked with lb and LSWE isn't going to start until the second or third week of January so, even if I have to go on a somewhat shortened weekly schedule (like maybe not daily), it should still be wrapped up before and a good warm up for LSWE. You guys, this is going to happen!