So, Snoop

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

So, Snoop

#1 Post by fantine33 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:26 am

What's up with the location and how long have you been down in Mejico? Is it CDC related?

If you're in Chihuahua, I have a task for you.

tanstaafl2

#2 Post by tanstaafl2 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:01 am

Nah, it was a Cinco de Mayo thing and I just haven't updated. The closest I will get to Ol' Mejico will be Tucson and Sierra Vista in a couple of weeks.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

tanstaafl2

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Fri May 23, 2008 10:23 am

But I confess I am fascinated to learn what task you might have for some one in Chihuahua!

Perhaps I should try to keep Marley's (and the Order of the Garter) motto in mind...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Loco Rovo's Interpreter
Merry Man

#4 Post by Loco Rovo's Interpreter » Fri May 23, 2008 11:08 am

tanstaafl2 wrote:Nah, it was a Cinco de Mayo thing and I just haven't updated. The closest I will get to Ol' Mejico will be Tucson and Sierra Vista in a couple of weeks.

That's good to hear. We banned you from the country when you tried to ruin our BBBL championship celebration in 2005. You don't want to end up in one of our fine Mexican prisons....

tanstaafl2

#5 Post by tanstaafl2 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:15 am

Loco Rovo's Interpreter wrote:
tanstaafl2 wrote:Nah, it was a Cinco de Mayo thing and I just haven't updated. The closest I will get to Ol' Mejico will be Tucson and Sierra Vista in a couple of weeks.

That's good to hear. We banned you from the country when you tried to ruin our BBBL championship celebration in 2005. You don't want to end up in one of our fine Mexican prisons....
Admittedly a highlight of the Tanstaafl Oenophilic Sorry Ass Bastards franchise history!

But a mexican prison? Nah, not so much. We shall just wave from this side of the fence!

If we aren't trampled first by the steady stream of your countrymen climbing over...
~Mark Twain

~tanstaafl2

fantine33

#6 Post by fantine33 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:42 am

Then you'd best update then, mister! Anyone else I would assume it was something like that, but you're such a gadabout that one never knows.

But keep the avatar because it's funny.

fantine33

#7 Post by fantine33 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:46 am

tanstaafl2 wrote:But I confess I am fascinated to learn what task you might have for some one in Chihuahua!

Perhaps I should try to keep Marley's (and the Order of the Garter) motto in mind...
But you're not in Chihuahua, therefore the point is moot. And I still wish I had Jessie's girl.

So Marley and the Order of the Garter's motto is something along the lines 'what happens in Chihuahua stays in Chihuahua'?

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#8 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:51 am

fantine33 wrote:
Then you'd best update then, mister! Anyone else I would assume it was something like that, but you're such a gadabout that one never knows.

Hey tan, get back over here......
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#9 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat May 24, 2008 7:54 am

I like your avatar Dan!

fantine33

#10 Post by fantine33 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:56 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
fantine33 wrote:

I often have fun wondering what the original context was for your avatars.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#11 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:59 am

fantine33 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
fantine33 wrote: Then you'd best update then, mister! Anyone else I would assume it was something like that, but you're such a gadabout that one never knows.

I often have fun wondering what the original context was for your avatars.
Ya, gotta read all the posts, every day, every way.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#12 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:01 am

It's just a way to increase my post count without going postal.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#13 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:01 am

Actually, I'm going for the "most avatars" record. BTW lb, what is it?

fantine33

#14 Post by fantine33 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:12 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
fantine33 wrote:I often have fun wondering what the original context was for your avatars.
I mean their original context where you found them. Some are obvious (like the golf ladies), but I'm assuming you weren't present for a photo op between a border guard and a giant pinata.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#15 Post by silvercamaro » Sat May 24, 2008 8:16 am

fantine33 wrote:
I mean their original context where you found them. Some are obvious (like the golf ladies), but I'm assuming you weren't present for a photo op between a border guard and a giant pinata.
Don't be too sure. Ules really gets around.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#16 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:17 am

fantine33 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
fantine33 wrote:I often have fun wondering what the original context was for your avatars.
Ah, it's just the wonder of google. When I find these avatars they don't even make sense in the context where I find them. And if I only posted photos of events that I shoot, well, let's just say that you would get mighty tired of USC sporting events. And now I am off to Santa Fe. Check my next avatar to see if I photographed anything of interest.

fantine33

#17 Post by fantine33 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:20 am

silvercamaro wrote:
fantine33 wrote:
Don't be too sure. Ules really gets around.
You know, I was thinking of this when I posted earlier and was going to say something, but now that you and Uly have both posted here, it's like kismet.

My picture of John Naber is framed and hanging in my computer (aka sports memorabilia) room alongside Bird, Messier, Yaz, assorted Nuggets, etc. YAY!!!1

MarleysGh0st

#18 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat May 24, 2008 9:34 am

ulysses5019 wrote:Actually, I'm going for the "most avatars" record. BTW lb, what is it?
You know, that may be one statistic that beast hasn't kept track of yet. Ahhh, the joy he must have at cracking open a fresh, new notebook! :)

Speaking as an unofficial observer, though, I'd say you have the record with ease, Uly. :lol:

tanstaafl2

#19 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sat May 24, 2008 9:59 am

fantine33 wrote:

Yes, I rather liked it as well! I shall rummage about for something new. In the meantime Zoboomafoo will have to do as I contemplate the site for the trip after the upcoming trip that I haven't even taken yet.
~Mark Twain

~tanstaafl2