When love goes wrong

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

When love goes wrong

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:38 pm

Had a guy come in today asking for his marriage license "back." Generally, once a license is issued, the couple takes it with them, gets married, and returns the license to us for registration. We got his back on Monday, hadn't registered it yet. He had a huge shiner, and wanted to get the license back so he could tear it up. When I told him that's not how it works, he asked if he could "amend" it. I asked what he'd like amended. "Her signature - I don't want her using my name." Again, that's not how any of this works...I said, she can come in and amend her signature,"..she can't, she's in jail"
Oy.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Spock

Re: When love goes wrong

#2 Post by Spock » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:11 pm

You officially have the most interesting job of any Bored member-albeit with the possible exception of Starfish(I think) who worked for the government and knew all the secrets. I still think he spent time at our secret moon base(LOL).

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:51 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:38 pm
Had a guy come in today asking for his marriage license "back." Generally, once a license is issued, the couple takes it with them, gets married, and returns the license to us for registration. We got his back on Monday, hadn't registered it yet. He had a huge shiner, and wanted to get the license back so he could tear it up. When I told him that's not how it works, he asked if he could "amend" it. I asked what he'd like amended. "Her signature - I don't want her using my name." Again, that's not how any of this works...I said, she can come in and amend her signature,"..she can't, she's in jail"
Oy.
I'm thinking about writing a Country song about that. :lol:

I've got a few new ones here: https://www.broadjam.com/songs/Bob_Juch

I hear some parts of Montana already have a foot of snow!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:18 pm

-duplicate post deleted- I swear it wasn't here, then it was...
Last edited by tlynn78 on Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:23 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:51 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:38 pm
Oy.
I'm thinking about writing a Country song about that. :lol:

I've got a few new ones here: https://www.broadjam.com/songs/Bob_Juch

I hear some parts of Montana already have a foot of snow!
It almost writes itself :lol: :lol:
We've only got 3 inches or so, but higher elevations got plenty - the ski area peeps are pleased. We'll be back in the 50s next week. (degrees, not inches)

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:26 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:11 pm
You officially have the most interesting job of any Bored member-albeit with the possible exception of Starfish(I think) who worked for the government and knew all the secrets. I still think he spent time at our secret moon base(LOL).
Isn't there a curse about "...may you live in interesting times"? And you'd better watch your back after spilling Fishie's secrets. :lol: :lol: