My recent absence

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mrkelley23

My recent absence

#1 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:57 pm

For those who don't follow me on Facebook, an update, now that I'm feeling well enough:

Wendy and I were on a Mediterranean cruise a few weeks ago, and I started experiencing what I thought was heartburn after eating and while exerting (walking). It never lasted too long, and would go away if I rested, which I realize now is classic angina pectoris. I wanted to get home where I was sure my insurance would work, (again, not stabbing pains or massive shortness of breath, never radiated to other body parts, so it COULD have been heartburn,) Got home late on Sunday the 15th, got up early Monday and called my PCP, who told to go to an ER. Checked in there, blood work indicated trouble, was admitted to hospital, had a heart cath on Tuesday, which revealed a very large blockage of left main artery. Because it was just before where the artery bifurcates to go into the heart, a double bypass had to be done on Thursday. I spent only five days in the hospital post-op, which I'm taking as a win, and now I'm at home recuperating. I'm walking as much as my stamina will let me (broke 3000 steps today), and trying to get back to where I can at least do computer work from home. I've had lots of love and support from family and friends, and I'm insanely grateful. I'm just thankful that I was suspicious enough to get it checked (almost) right away, considering I hadn't really had cardiac symptoms before this. Just wanted to bring you up to date -- those who hadn't seen it.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

wbtravis007

Re: My recent absence

#2 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:45 pm

Yikes!

So glad to hear that you’re still with us, here and everywhere else.

Also comforted to know that you don’t need my advice to take good care of yourself.

Whew!

And thanks for letting this non-Facebook guy know.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:54 pm

Sorry to hear about your problems. I've had heart issues myself, not as serious as yours (stents put in), but I know the shock of learning about it for the first time. I'm glad you're doing better. Take care of yourself and don't overdo things.

Best wishes for a full recovery.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:58 pm

Oh my gosh - glad you got it taken care of. Now, do as your doctor tells you!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:31 am

Welcome back. Very thankful you're well and recovering nicely.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:17 am

Wow, be well, take it easy and so glad you're better. Yipes.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:48 pm

"Acute occlusion of the LMCA is rare and generally fatal." I'm glad you're an exception!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:14 pm

Yeesh. I'm glad this looks like it's on its way to a happy ending. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

#9 Post by a1mamacat » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:14 pm

Yikes, glad it turned out for you. ❤️
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Earl the Squirrel

#10 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:56 am

Bout time you got back, I've been holding up the GOFF LS waiting for your ass...

Ha!