Quiz Lady

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Quiz Lady

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:44 pm

I'm surprised this flew under the radar here:

Anne and her estranged train wreck of a sister, Jenny, must work together to help cover their mother's gambling debts. When Anne's beloved dog is kidnapped, they set out on a wild cross-country trek to get the cash.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

Re: Quiz Lady

#2 Post by jarnon » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:00 am

You're two months too late, Bob.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62073&p=600776#p600776
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

MarkBarrett

#3 Post by MarkBarrett » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:39 pm

Watching the movie felt like I got my money's worth for my Hulu for the month. Throughout any game show scenes (or scenes about getting on a game show) I had to turn off my B.S. detector and just enjoy the scenes for what they were without trying to be a nitpicking critic. It was difficult.

There is a backstage scene with Will Ferrell and Awkwafina about game show contestants for a wonderful perspective from the host's side of things.

Sandra Oh with hair, makeup and wardrobe was able to shave a lot of years off her real age with a performance that works and shows her range.

A Smash Mouth song and the not Alan Cumming cameo brought a tinge of sadness when recalling the recent deaths.

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:02 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:39 pm
Watching the movie felt like I got my money's worth for my Hulu for the month. Throughout any game show scenes (or scenes about getting on a game show) I had to turn off my B.S. detector and just enjoy the scenes for what they were without trying to be a nitpicking critic. It was difficult.

There is a backstage scene with Will Ferrell and Awkwafina about game show contestants for a wonderful perspective from the host's side of things.

Sandra Oh with hair, makeup and wardrobe was able to shave a lot of years off her real age with a performance that works and shows her range.

A Smash Mouth song and the not Alan Cumming cameo brought a tinge of sadness when recalling the recent deaths.
I enjoyed the movie a lot as well. Awkwafina's character reminded me of Rosie Perez from the original White Men Can't Jump. Someone else I would like to mention is Jason Schwartzman as the reigning game champion who takes on Awkwafina when she finally gets on the show. (He can become the show's all-time winner if he beats her.) He is essentially Ken Jennings' evil twin. He envisions himself as taking over for Will Ferrell someday but he doesn't realize that he's a completely obnoxious jerk. He makes a great comic villain here. (He will also be in the new Hunger Games movie, playing the father or grandfather of Stanley Tucci's host in the previous films.)
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com