Why can't we all just get along?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

Why can't we all just get along?

#1 Post by AnnieCamaro » Fri May 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Sou iu koto de.

tanstaafl2

#2 Post by tanstaafl2 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:08 pm

I didn't see any squirrels in that bunch...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

Squashed Hamster
Merry Man

#3 Post by Squashed Hamster » Fri May 23, 2008 2:29 pm

I didn't know Giant Gambian Rat got adopted!

Does anybody out there need a cute hamster? Besides Sonny, that is....

Mr. Hamster

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#4 Post by AnnieCamaro » Fri May 23, 2008 2:36 pm

tanstaafl2 wrote:I didn't see any squirrels in that bunch...
I think that squirrels are harder to tame.

It's possible, though, or Mr. Rocket J. Squirrel couldn't have become such a wonderful thespian.
Sou iu koto de.

Giant Gambian Rat
Merry Man

#5 Post by Giant Gambian Rat » Fri May 23, 2008 3:48 pm

Just think of the possibilities of a dog, on a cat, on a rat.
Have you had your monkeypox shots yet?

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#6 Post by AnnieCamaro » Fri May 23, 2008 3:53 pm

Giant Gambian Rat wrote:Just think of the possibilities of a dog, on a cat, on a rat.
It wouldn't be impossible if you would volunteer to be the rat. I bet you could hold a sturdy cat, who could hold a teacup-sized froufrou dog.

This would make a nice scene in my opera. If people could believe their eyes, they could believe in the miracles talked about in the libretto.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#7 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:
Giant Gambian Rat wrote:Just think of the possibilities of a dog, on a cat, on a rat.
It wouldn't be impossible if you would volunteer to be the rat. I bet you could hold a sturdy cat, who could hold a teacup-sized froufrou dog.

This would make a nice scene in my opera. If people could believe their eyes, they could believe in the miracles talked about in the libretto.

But wouldn't this possibly relegate your opera to a carnivalesque freak sideshow? Or do you just want butts in the seats, and I don't mean Sutter Butts.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Giant Gambian Rat
Merry Man

#8 Post by Giant Gambian Rat » Fri May 23, 2008 4:00 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:

I'll practice my singing just in case.

Hey Uly who you calling a freak, what with your avatars and all.
Have you had your monkeypox shots yet?

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#9 Post by AnnieCamaro » Fri May 23, 2008 4:11 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
But wouldn't this possibly relegate your opera to a carnivalesque freak sideshow?
I think it might follow in the classical tradition of Rigoletto, where the tragic hero is a hunchbacked jester, or Pagliacci, which is about a clown with issues. There's nothing freakier than an angry clown.

Many operas are all about metaphorical freaky sideshows, as are many modern books and movies.

Sou iu koto de.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#10 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:20 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
But wouldn't this possibly relegate your opera to a carnivalesque freak sideshow?
I think it might follow in the classical tradition of Rigoletto, where the tragic hero is a hunchbacked jester, or Pagliacci, which is about a clown with issues. There's nothing freakier than an angry clown.

Many operas are all about metaphorical freaky sideshows, as are many modern books and movies.

Who are you callin' freaky?

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#11 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:21 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

Don't make me find another freaky clown avatar.

Crazy Raspberry Aunts
Merry Man

#12 Post by Crazy Raspberry Aunts » Fri May 23, 2008 4:36 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
AnnieCamaro wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

Don't make me find another freaky clown avatar.
Oh my!
Houston we have a problem

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#13 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 23, 2008 4:41 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

Do you people realize how difficult it is to live with a dog who is a Deep Thinker? Sheesh.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:47 am

silvercamaro wrote:
AnnieCamaro wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

Do you people realize how difficult it is to live with a dog who is a Deep Thinker? Sheesh.
Almost as difficult as living with strange kittnes and ma cats and LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

(Merv's a tad cranky.)
Well, then

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#15 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat May 24, 2008 2:27 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Almost as difficult as living with strange kittnes and ma cats and LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

(Merv's a tad cranky.)
Poor Merv. :(

HeCATe (old cat) isn't all that happy with Siva (eight weeks old) either.

She'll come around.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#16 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat May 24, 2008 10:38 pm

Well I own no animals, but I had dinner tonight at a friend's house and they have a 19 year old cat. His name is Mack and he has lived in Vermont, Long Island, Manhattan, Cozumel, Los Angeles and now Santa Fe where he dodges the coyotes. He's very noisy, they say it's because he's part Siamese.

Ritterskoop

#17 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat May 24, 2008 11:36 pm

ulysses5019 wrote: He's very noisy, they say it's because he's part Siamese.
Siamese cats are always On.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

herjosie
Four-Footer

#18 Post by herjosie » Sat May 24, 2008 11:53 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:

oh miss annie -- i would be so pleased to stand on a cat on a rat. i'm the very best teacup-sized froufrou dog you could possibly imagine.

love, herjosie

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#19 Post by AnnieCamaro » Sun May 25, 2008 12:01 am

herjosie wrote:oh miss annie -- i would be so pleased to stand on a cat on a rat. i'm the very best teacup-sized froufrou dog you could possibly imagine.

love, herjosie
Excellent! I have the most wonderful idea for incorporating this into the choreography for the Dance at the Shrine! You can still wear your dancing girl costume. This will be magnificent.

Thank you for volunteering, Josie. It's not the sort of thing I could necessarily have asked of you, as some dogs are afraid of cats and giant Gambian rats. You are a good friend and a real trouper!

Sou iu koto de.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#20 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun May 25, 2008 8:35 am

MissCaseyGirl would be happy to get in on this!

She would run up to the doggie and woof and woof and woof! And the kitty would run off! And she would chase it!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

hf_jai

#21 Post by hf_jai » Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 am

No rats here, so maybe not what you had in mind?

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#22 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun May 25, 2008 8:51 am

Wow!

The Bremen Town Musicians.

IIRC.

hf_jai

#23 Post by hf_jai » Sun May 25, 2008 9:11 am

That's the one. Brothers Grimm, I believe.

When I was very little, maybe 5 or 6, my parent used to shop at Lennox Square in Atlanta (Buckhead actually). There was a copy of this sculpture in one of the walk-ways between stores, and my dad used to take me to see it and tell me the story. Fond memories...