Returning in 2024: Fireball's Fantastic 500

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

Returning in 2024: Fireball's Fantastic 500

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:55 pm

Yes, it has been ages since I've talked about my favorite songs of all-time. It was six years ago that I posted my very first compilation of music on the WWTBAM Bored. Why the long wait? It was never my intention to do annual music lists (as I already do with the countdown of my all-time favorite board games on Facebook and BoardGameGeek.com). I had not planned to do a new music list until at least 10% of the songs on my 2018 list had been supplanted by new entries.

Thanks to a number of kroxquo's Facebook posts, I have spent the past year reviewing my old list and listening to thousands of other songs that I have saved either on my MP3 player or in one of my countless YouTube playlists. Moreover, I spent a lot of time listening to dozens of old CDs that my wife dug out of our attic after my stroke in 2021, reminding me of a lot of good music that I had long since forgotten about. All of this to determine if it was time for me to publish a new music list.

The final verdict is in and I ended up with 15.2% turnover in my overall list. That is more than enough for me to organize my second music list--and my first list since our beloved music aficionado T_Bone passed away. Unlike in 2018, when I was younger and nimbler, I probably won't make this 2024 countdown a year-long event. I will make fewer posts, but each post will feature more songs.

There will be no Fecal 50 at the end of the year for my countdown of the worst songs of all-time because that list is unchanged from 2018.

The fun will begin some time during the first week of January and proceed randomly from there.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)