RIP Andre Braugher

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Andre Braugher

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:27 pm

Actor best known for his cop roles on Homicide and Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Age 61

https://people.com/andre-braugher-dead- ... 4ac26d84a0
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP Andre Braugher

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:28 pm

He was great on the crossover episodes with Law and Order.

There's an old Gideon's Crossing I had to leave in the middle of and would like to see the whole thing, but I think I'm out of luck. Braugher's character was trying to get a statement from one of the personalities in a suspect with dissociative identify disorder. I'd like to know if that personality committed the crime, but I don't know how to find the episode. Any suggestions appreciated.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Estonut
Evil Genius

#3 Post by Estonut » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:47 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:28 pm

There's an old Gideon's Crossing I had to leave in the middle of and would like to see the whole thing, but I think I'm out of luck. Braugher's character was trying to get a statement from one of the personalities in a suspect with dissociative identify disorder. I'd like to know if that personality committed the crime, but I don't know how to find the episode. Any suggestions appreciated.
Googling "Gideon's Crossing episode dissociative identity disorder" brings up:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gideon% ... y+disorder

It appears you are looking for episode #16: "The Others." Unfortunately, the single season of "Gideon's Crossing" doesn't appear to be available on iTunes, Amazon, YouTube or any streaming sites at this time. I noticed that TVGuide.COM says "Currently not available to stream. Add it to your Watchlist to be notified when it becomes available." I've never used this feature, but it may offer a way to find out about future airings.

I was aware of this series title while it was airing, but did not know it was a medical show. Seeing now that the cast included favorites like:

· Andre Braugher as Ben Gideon
· Eric Dane as Wyatt Cooper
· Hamish Linklater as Bruce Cherry
· Ravi Kapoor as Sidhartha Shandar
· Rhona Mitra as Alejandra "Ollie" Klein
· Rubén Blades as Max Cabranes
· Hedy Burress as Money Raspberry Dupree

makes me wish I had watched it.

RIP Andre. I thoroughly enjoyed watching every character I ever saw you bring to life.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:58 am

Estonut wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:47 am
SportsFan68 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:28 pm

Googling "Gideon's Crossing episode dissociative identity disorder" brings up:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gideon% ... y+disorder

It appears you are looking for episode #16: "The Others." Unfortunately, the single season of "Gideon's Crossing" doesn't appear to be available on iTunes, Amazon, YouTube or any streaming sites at this time. I noticed that TVGuide.COM says "Currently not available to stream. Add it to your Watchlist to be notified when it becomes available." I've never used this feature, but it may offer a way to find out about future airings.

I was aware of this series title while it was airing, but did not know it was a medical show. Seeing now that the cast included favorites like:

· Andre Braugher as Ben Gideon
· Eric Dane as Wyatt Cooper
· Hamish Linklater as Bruce Cherry
· Ravi Kapoor as Sidhartha Shandar
· Rhona Mitra as Alejandra "Ollie" Klein
· Rubén Blades as Max Cabranes
· Hedy Burress as Money Raspberry Dupree

makes me wish I had watched it.

RIP Andre. I thoroughly enjoyed watching every character I ever saw you bring to life.
To pick up on what Esto said, there are two sites, www.reelgood.com and www.justwatch.com that will tell you which streaming and video buy/rent services, if any, a particular movie or TV show is available on. If you have a Roku device, it has a search feature that does the same thing for all the apps you have on your device.

One other possibility is that someone may have uploaded individual episodes of a series to YouTube. That doesn't appear to be the case with Gideon's Crossing (all I found were clips of the opening credits), but you can always try that, especially with old or short-lived shows. I found an episode of Riverboat with Vincent Price as the guest star that way once. Many of these episodes are bootlegs that don't stay up long if the copyright holder finds out about them, but you can always check. They also have movies that are not on streaming services. I saw a good quality print of 55 Days at Peking on YouTube a few months back. Some of these movies and TV episodes that have been uploaded are in multiple parts or have foreign language subtitles on the screen or both.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

kroxquo

#5 Post by kroxquo » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:23 am

He was also terrific as Corporal Searles in the movie Glory. He brought an intensity to every role I ever saw him in, even Captain Holt which was the perfect tone for that role in that situation. He was also the only memorable thing from an otherwise forgettable film called Duets about the raucous world of Karaoke hustling (seriously).

Very underrated actor.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

mellytu74

#6 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:16 pm

Loved his performance in Duets, singing Freebird at the end. Also liked his chemistry with Paul Giamatti in that film. Two guys I would watch in almost anything.

I have quite a few actor friends who worked with him on Hack, Homicide, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and the movie about A. Philip Randolph, 100,000 Black Men Named George.

The stories they shared today are a tribute to his generous spirit as an actor and human being.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:42 am

Thanks, Spock.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#8 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:42 am

Thanks, S3.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#9 Post by Estonut » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:18 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:42 am
Thanks, Spock.
How dare you!
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:21 pm

Cause of death was lung cancer, apparently diagnosed just a few weeks ago. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#11 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:15 pm

Estonut wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:18 am
SportsFan68 wrote:
Thanks, Spock.
How dare you!
ACK! It was an accident!

:oops:

Estonut
Evil Genius

#12 Post by Estonut » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:35 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:15 pm
Estonut wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
Thanks, Spock.
How dare you!
ACK! It was an accident!

An ackcident?
Groucho Marx

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#13 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:11 pm

Estonut wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:35 am
SportsFan68 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:15 pm
Estonut wrote:
How dare you!
ACK! It was an accident!

An ackcident?
Yes. :D