Fun in the sun

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

Re: Fun in the sun

#26 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 pm

I am back and can post here. January 22 my house burned down. This thread may have triggered bit of PSTD. I lost my laptop and phone and have just recently recovered my password app access. My laptop was backed up and my insurance was paid up. No one was significantly injured. I had worse sunburns. So we are doing ok. My house was a total loss as was my Solstice. The front of my Mustang looks like a Girl Scout S’more. We lost a few memorabilia and some furniture that had been in our families for ages. The fire was probably electrical.
PSA if you have an attached garage it needs a fire detector.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#27 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:53 pm

O.M. G! You're safe, si?
Well, then

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:56 pm

Oh my gosh! Glad you are safe, but damn. So sorry!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

mellytu74

#29 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 pm

Jeez!!

1) Glad you didn't go to Kroeger, were about to put out the fire and, the Woodlands FD was just splendid.

2) The pictures have me in stitches.

tlynn78

#30 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:14 pm

Suitguy- do you have all you need?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

mellytu74

#31 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:35 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 pm
I am back and can post here. January 22 my house burned down. This thread may have triggered bit of PSTD. I lost my laptop and phone and have just recently recovered my password app access. My laptop was backed up and my insurance was paid up. No one was significantly injured. I had worse sunburns. So we are doing ok. My house was a total loss as was my Solstice. The front of my Mustang looks like a Girl Scout S’more. We lost a few memorabilia and some furniture that had been in our families for ages. The fire was probably electrical.
PSA if you have an attached garage it needs a fire detector.
Suitguy - So sorry to read this. We did the fire detector installation after a fire destroyed part of a house up the street late last fall.

Glad no one was hurt/seriously injured. And that the insurance was paid up. And the laptop backed up.