Lyrically Speaking - 1/24/24

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Earl the Squirrel

Re: Lyrically Speaking - 1/24/24

#26 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:12 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:05 am

Just for Earl....

12. Help me, help me
Cause you know I'm not that strong
Help me, help me darlin'
I've been lonely for too long
Come Back - J Geils Band (Far and away my favorite JGB song! And the video is epic with Magic Dick and his dog harmonica...)

Image Bonus: Show me something from the Northeast.

My favorite set so far this year! I'm going to grudgingly give this IBB to Earl for Scott F*ing Norwood (though that happened in the Southeast). I'm guessing last weekend's game had a similar oopsie? I know they lost to KC since we have a huge Chiefs fan at work....
Yay for Pops! I had Pirates on the mind because earlier that day I was watching my usual sports talk show (it's a radio show, but Kroenke owns the radio and tv station so it's simulcast on tv, kind of like how E! did the Howard Stern show years ago) and they were talking about Helton making the HOF and how Denver has three athletes who spent their entire careers with the same franchise and are the faces of said franchise (Sakic, Elway and Helton) and they fully expect Jokic to be the fourth (from their mouths to God's ears!). Then they started a game about faces of franchises and when they mentioned the Pirates two were debating between Clemente and Parker while I'm screaming "Stargell, you fools!" and the third guy chimed in with Stargell.

I also just realized that my two favourite players probably of all time both wore #8!

And, yes, there are now two wide rights in Bills history (the recent one in Buffalo). It was a little less dramatic because 1. it was 42 or 44 yards 2. "just" the conference semis and 3. would have only tied the game and sent it to OT