The Widow Didn't Know That Story

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

The Widow Didn't Know That Story

#1 Post by Spock » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:15 pm

Attended a visitation for an acquaintance that was roughly my age (Cancer got him). He was from Houston and was working construction in the Silicon Valley area and met and married (circa 1990) the daughter of a long-time family friend who was also working out there. After a couple more years there-they made their life in our area till now.

I did not know him well. He was a tangential part of our deer hunting group for many years, but that was really my only interaction with him. But I never forgot his story of how met his wife. They were in a bar and he heard this girl with a wonderful laugh and he was hooked.

I mentioned that story to the widow at the visitation, assuming that she knew it and she said she had never heard the part of it about the laugh before.

She was going to speak at the funeral and said she might use that-so I thought that was pretty cool.

I was unable to attend the funeral as we were working cattle-but my parents said she did very well considering-not sure if she used my story though.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: The Widow Didn't Know That Story

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:26 pm

That is sweet.
Well, then