Eclipse

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Eclipse

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:03 pm

Pouring here...
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: Eclipse

#2 Post by Vandal » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:29 pm

We’ll see about 93% coverage through a few clouds. Just starting.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:16 pm

We got 100% for about two minutes. The clouds parted -- it was unreal. We were crying because we thought we weren't going to get to see it after traveling all the way to Waco just because we were sure it would be cloudless, but it wasn't. At literally the last minute, we got about half the full four plus minutes. Yay Waco!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:21 pm

Cool beans all around!
Well, then

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:37 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:21 pm
Cool beans all around!
:mrgreen:
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:10 pm

I was really impressed by the news channel coverage. They went from one city to the next giving home viewers the same experience repeated a half dozen times as the eclipse passed through. I was visiting Mrs. SSS at her home, and they took the residents out in the courtyard to watch (they gave them glasses). Unfortunately, Mrs. SSS no longer understood what they wanted her to look at, so she just enjoyed the outdoors for a half hour. 85% here, which looks neat through glasses but doesn't even get dim.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:21 pm

Glad y'all got to be outside together.
Well, then

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:15 pm

Took my Mom with me on a little road trip, and when all was said and done, we wound up on the parking lot of a sterotypical rural Dollar General in Ina, Illinois with just five other gawkers and the two employees about a half hour before totality....

While it certainly was a cool experience to see for the first time, I must have had REALLY BIG expectations, because I left feeling a bit underwhelmed. That, and I realized how shitty my eyes have gotten. Had to use my glasses AND keep one eye closed to keep from seeing two eclipses....

At least there will not be another one anywhere near close in my lifetime to tempt me again....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:33 pm

Awesome!
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:07 pm

Completely overcast in Rochester, but I did see an old college classmate for the first time since he graduated 45 years ago. I’m now looking forward to the 2045 eclipse. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:06 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:16 pm
We got 100% for about two minutes. The clouds parted -- it was unreal. We were crying because we thought we weren't going to get to see it after traveling all the way to Waco just because we were sure it would be cloudless, but it wasn't. At literally the last minute, we got about half the full four plus minutes. Yay Waco!
You were in Waco? I was 20 miles west in Valley Mills on my cousin's farm. We got well over 4 minutes. The weather a huge pleasant surprise given all the gloom and doom forecasts, even up to this morning. Glad you got to see it.

There was a large cloud to the right of the sun, with a hole big enough and at the right spot to see Jupiter. And we could see one solar flare with the naked eye.

And right after we say one of the NASA rockets fly overhead. Pretty cool encore to the eclipse.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Pastor Fireball

#12 Post by Pastor Fireball » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:44 pm

Probably the last total eclipse of the sun that I will ever see. Cincinnati's next chance at one is September 14, 2099. If I'm not 119 years old and shitting into a baggie, then I will most likely be off the mortal coil by 2099.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

BackInTex

#13 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:10 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:44 pm
Probably the last total eclipse of the sun that I will ever see. Cincinnati's next chance at one is September 14, 2099. If I'm not 119 years old and shitting into a baggie, then I will most likely be off the mortal coil by 2099.
I've seen two now. My first, 2017 in Wyoming, was spectacular because the conditions were perfect, and it was my first. You always fondly remember your first, right? ;)

This was was special because of the "event" we created. My daughter who was with me for the first one, brought her family (husband and two daughters) down from Colorado. My daughter who lives here also joined us with her husband and two kids in traveling an hour and a half to my cousin's farm. We met my nephew and his family there as well. We spent the day picnicing, touring the farm on a four wheeler, tractor riding, four wheeler riding, my wife got the good picture in the blue bonnets with all four grandkids who got to pet a day old lamb, etc. And we saw the eclipse. The eclipse was different than 2017 because of the visiable solar flares. And the NASA rocket flyby. All in all a great day.

Will I see another total eclipse? If I make it to 2045 when one passes through Colorado, maybe. I'll be 86.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

ghostjmf

#14 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:03 pm

Drove to St. Johnsbury Vermont, 170 miles from Boston.

WOO WOO WOO WOO!