River cruises

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

River cruises

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Mon May 06, 2024 11:32 am

Anyone here done one? I'm considering a European River Cruise(probably Viking) in the next couple of years. I'd love to hear pros/cons and tips.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

a1mamacat

Re: River cruises

#2 Post by a1mamacat » Mon May 06, 2024 1:53 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 11:32 am
Anyone here done one? I'm considering a European River Cruise(probably Viking) in the next couple of years. I'd love to hear pros/cons and tips.
My folks did one about 15 years ago, through Germany and France they had also done traditional cruises. They absolutely loved it. Mom was particularly pleased with being able to see the towns and villages, with the slow speed, and not having to frantically try to figure out how to get to the attractions they wanted to see. The smaller crowds were just their cup of tea. And no children lol.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Mon May 06, 2024 3:40 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 1:53 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 11:32 am
My folks did one about 15 years ago, through Germany and France they had also done traditional cruises. They absolutely loved it. Mom was particularly pleased with being able to see the towns and villages, with the slow speed, and not having to frantically try to figure out how to get to the attractions they wanted to see. The smaller crowds were just their cup of tea. And no children lol.
It all sounds very appealing. I'm thinking Amsterdam to Bucharest, or one of the Christmas ones.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Mon May 06, 2024 3:52 pm

elwing and I haven't done one yet, but have considered it.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:25 pm

earendel wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:52 pm
elwing and I haven't done one yet, but have considered it.
My in-laws did one back in '09 and loved it. we get the brochures all the time, and it's lit a fire.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 07, 2024 7:48 am

I'm considering one; that's why I need a scooter.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.