A DoND question (sort of)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
hf_jai

A DoND question (sort of)

#1 Post by hf_jai » Sat May 24, 2008 7:22 pm

Does anyone know the name of the gal who was on either last night or the night before? She was a teacher from TX, and ended up accepting the deal when came got down to one $M case and two small-dollar cases to choose from (sorry I don't know all the lingo -- last nite was the first time I'd ever watched). She had started out with 11 $M cases, but it turned out that the one she had was only worth like $400, so she made a good deal.

Better yet, anyone know a website that might have her photo? Seems to me there used to several game show sites we all knew about, but it's been so long, I don't know where they are anymore. I tried googling, but no luck.

What I'm really looking for is a photo to print. I want to get my hair cut like hers.

TheCalvinator24

#2 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:26 pm

Is this her?

EDIT: Apparently the pic doesn't work, so here's the link to the page on tvgameshows.net
Last edited by TheCalvinator24 on Sun May 25, 2008 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

hf_jai

#3 Post by hf_jai » Sat May 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Yeah, that's her. Thanks. It's not the right angle to show her haircut, but now that I know her name, maybe I'll be able to find another photo somewhere.

Fwiw (and in case anyone else has the same problem) I can't see the photo, and when I paste the url into my browser, I get a "Forbidden. You do not have access to this server." But I went to the parent website and found it.

TheCalvinator24

#4 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sat May 24, 2008 9:14 pm

I wondered if tvgameshows.net might have some sort of bandwith "theft" protection. I can see the pic here on the forum, but I wonder if that's because I already had accessed it.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#5 Post by kayrharris » Sat May 24, 2008 11:04 pm

I can't see it and I get the same forbidden message.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun May 25, 2008 3:16 pm

TheCalvinator24 wrote:I wondered if tvgameshows.net might have some sort of bandwith "theft" protection. I can see the pic here on the forum, but I wonder if that's because I already had accessed it.
Something like that, I think. I could see the picture when I went to their website, but I still get the red "X" here, even when I refresh this thread.

jaybee

#7 Post by jaybee » Sun May 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Slightly OT but does anyone here think that there ever will be a million dollar winner on DoND? I mean, unless they are doing the multiple million dollar thing AND it got down to only two or more million dollar choices left, do you think anyone would risk the high offer over a 50-50 chance at either a million or something else?

Best possible case (during a regular non-multiple million game) is a choice of two remaining values - 1M or 500K with an offer of probably 725K. Given those choices, do you think anyone would hold on to their original suitcase hoping that it has the million in it?

At the other end: If it came down to two cases of a million and say, $50 - would anyone turn down the probable offer of just under 500K?
Jaybee

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon May 26, 2008 4:04 pm

jaybee wrote:Slightly OT but does anyone here think that there ever will be a million dollar winner on DoND? I mean, unless they are doing the multiple million dollar thing AND it got down to only two or more million dollar choices left, do you think anyone would risk the high offer over a 50-50 chance at either a million or something else?

Best possible case (during a regular non-multiple million game) is a choice of two remaining values - 1M or 500K with an offer of probably 725K. Given those choices, do you think anyone would hold on to their original suitcase hoping that it has the million in it?
This is exactly the scenario that I think will finally lead to a $1 million winner. The $500K case would be a "good enough" outcome for someone to take the risk. In the more usual scenario where the other case is low value, I doubt anyone who makes it through the audition process would risk it.

goongas

#9 Post by goongas » Mon May 26, 2008 6:51 pm

Someone on the Australian version had $200,000 (the highest amount) and a low number, and went for it, and won the $200,000.