Recently viewed movies

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
TheCalvinator24

Recently viewed movies

#1 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:12 pm

Finally got around to watching Ran. Excellent. Not as good as Seven Samurai, but better than Rashomon.

Watched Employee of the Month last night with Mrs. Cal. Better than I expected, but not great. Some funny moments.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

a1mamacat

#2 Post by a1mamacat » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:22 pm

watched Blades of Glory last night.

I have very sore ribs. Sometimes, pure camp and stooopid is absolutely the best.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

TheCalvinator24

#3 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:24 pm

I thought Blades of Glory was terrific. I believe I posted about it on the Love Boat before she sank.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:09 pm

We enjoyed Blades of Glory as well.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:39 am

The last couple of weeks have been an overabundance of riches for those looking for intelligent adult movies (I don't mean dirty; I mean films aimed at an adult audience not obsessed with naked women, cussing or people getting hacked to bits). Naturally, they are all doing poorly at the box office while Saw cleans up.

Gone Baby Gone - Excellent film with some solid acting. Casey Affleck suprisingly holds a good mystery together.

Michael Clayton - Very good film with again some solid acting but a bit preachy.

Rendition- Also well acted and a clever plot twist at the end. Its political theme is hurt a bit by making its case way too clearcut factually.

Dan in Real Life - Very funny, better than I thought it would be.

Things We Lost in the Fire - Excellent acting, but a very downbeat film. I expect Benicio Del Toro to get an Oscar nomination for this.

The Assassination of Jesse James - The one real disappointment in the bunch. Too long, too slow moving, one of those movies that film critics like far better than paying audiences.

All in all some very good selections, now or on video in a few months.