Just back from Wrigley

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ne1410s

Just back from Wrigley

#1 Post by ne1410s » Mon May 26, 2008 8:28 pm

Cubs win!! Cubs win!!

Cardinals didn't play so they couldn't lose. Dang!

Jim Edmonds is better as a "has been" outfielder than A Soriano will ever be. Dang!

Geovany Soto and Koseuke Fukudome may fight it out for Rookie of the Year. Or not.

Good time had by all.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

mcd1400de

Re: Just back from Wrigley

#2 Post by mcd1400de » Mon May 26, 2008 10:44 pm

Just back from an amazing night at Citizens Bank Park. Yesterday the Phillies set a new season high for runs scored in a game with 15 -- a mark that lasted all of one day, lol. I always keep score when I go to a baseball game, but this was the first I can ever recall having to use two columns to score a single inning (because of 10+ men coming to the plate) not once, not twice, but THREE times in the same game!

Tonight was the first time the Phils scored at least 20 runs since July of 1999. How long ago was that? Well, to give one example: the original WWTBAM was still a month and a half away from its U.S. premiere.

One other crazy and almost impossible moment of note: it was "Dollar Dog" night, which always tends to bring out a younger, rowdier crowd. Early on a particularly loud (and funny) group a few sections over began to chant their rather appropriate section number: "Four-Twenty, Four-Twenty", which cracked my 21 yr old son up (fortunately my 15 yr old daughter didn't get the reference).

Several innings later, though, after the Phils scored their final run, that chant reappeared, with an extra meaning. At the time, the Rockies had 4 runs, and as the visiting team, their total was above the home Phillies. Which meant that under R, the scoreboard read... 4-20.
Bazinga!

STEVE_BARTMAN
Merry Man

#3 Post by STEVE_BARTMAN » Mon May 26, 2008 10:47 pm

ne1410s wrote:Cubs win!! Cubs win!!

Jim Edmonds is better as a "has been" outfielder than A Soriano will ever be. Dang!

Geovany Soto and Koseuke Fukudome may fight it out for Rookie of the Year. Or not.

Good time had by all.
They only won because I got stopped at the gates.

Long live the curse!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:40 am

STEVE_BARTMAN wrote:
ne1410s wrote:Cubs win!! Cubs win!!

Good time had by all.
They only won because I got stopped at the gates.

Long live the curse!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Oh come now, Steve, even crybaby Alou admitted what everyone who isn't a self-flagellating Cubs fan could plainly see.... he wasn't going to catch that ball even if you hadn't gotten in the way. Don't take too much credit for 100 years of futility....

I feel your pain though when it comes to dropping those gameballs though....

lb13

ne1410s

#5 Post by ne1410s » Tue May 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Oh, did I mention that I went to the game with this man's cousin?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_moon_pie_attack

:roll: :roll: :roll:
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."