Sex and the City Fans...Premiere May 29, 2008

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Sex and the City Fans...Premiere May 29, 2008

#1 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue May 27, 2008 2:13 pm

I found out over the weekend...that I am going to the Kansas City Premiere of Sex and the City, Thursday, May 29, 2008! My friend got tickets, and she is taking ME!

She is the same person who I took to meet Tim Gunn.

I am doing my SATC happy dance! :wink:

The event is sponsored by, Aristocrat Mercedes-Benz & Halls Department store.

It will be at the Plaza Cinemark Palace and a Bistro around the corner from the theater!

They are having a preparty with Cosmos, giftbags for all guests, you get to see the movie, then go to the after party!

I read that there SATC fans all over the country are having parties and making the viewing of the film a real girlfriend event!

I will report on Friday am, about the premiere, the SWAG that I will get, and the film itself!

fuzzy 8)
Last edited by fuzzywuzzy on Tue May 27, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

Bob Juch

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 27, 2008 2:18 pm

I've already seen it. Fans of the show will like it. Most anyone else won't.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

Re: Sex in the City Fans...Premiere May 29, 2008

#3 Post by earendel » Tue May 27, 2008 2:22 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:I found out over the weekend...that I am going to the Kansas City Premiere of Sex in the City, Thursday, May 29, 2008! My friend got tickets, and she is taking ME!

She is the same person who I took to meet Tim Gunn.

I am doing my SITC happy dance! :wink:

The event is sponsored by, Aristocrat Mercedes-Benz & Halls Department store.

It will be at the Plaza Cinemark Palace and a Bistro around the corner from the theater!

They are having a preparty with Cosmos, giftbags for all guests, you get to see the movie, then go to the after party!

I read that there SITC fans all over the country are having parties and making the viewing of the film a real girlfriend event!

I will report on Friday am, about the premiere, the SWAG that I will get, and the film itself!

fuzzy 8)
Is it "Sex in the City" or "Sex and the City"? And is the movie title the same as the HBO series?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:27 pm

Sounds like a blast, fuzzy! Have a great time and be sure to post all the details.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

fuzzywuzzy

Re: Sex and the City Fans...Premiere May 29, 2008

#5 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue May 27, 2008 2:28 pm

Is it "Sex in the City" or "Sex and the City"? And is the movie title the same as the HBO series?[/quote]

I am SO excited...that I typed the gosh darn wrong title...I fixed it! Thanks Ear!

Sex and the City! WOO HOO!
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#6 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue May 27, 2008 2:55 pm

That's so cool!

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Wed May 28, 2008 6:07 am

fuzzywuzzy wrote:Is it "Sex in the City" or "Sex and the City"? And is the movie title the same as the HBO series?
I am SO excited...that I typed the gosh darn wrong title...I fixed it! Thanks Ear!

Sex and the City! WOO HOO![/quote]

I was just curious - I've heard people say it both ways and never paid attention to the show (or the movie promos).

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 28, 2008 6:13 am

earendel wrote:Is it "Sex in the City" or "Sex and the City"? And is the movie title the same as the HBO series?
fuzzywuzzy wrote:I am SO excited...that I typed the gosh darn wrong title...I fixed it! Thanks Ear!

Sex and the City! WOO HOO!
I was just curious - I've heard people say it both ways and never paid attention to the show (or the movie promos).
The first is X-rated. :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

fuzzywuzzy

Re: Sex and the City Fans...fashion advice?

#9 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Thu May 29, 2008 7:26 am

Ok, tonight is the night gang! First we are going to a preparty at a Bistro, free cosmos & appetizers. We will get our gift bags at the Bistro. Then we walk over to the movie theater for the showing of SATC which starts at 7:30 pm.

Need your help ladies...

It is going to be in the 80s here today. I was going to wear a black silk jacket with a city skyline embroidered on the bottom of the jacket in white, with pink beads. Perfect outift!

However, the jacket is lined and would be too hot. So, Plan B. I have a Hot Pink eyelet cotton duster with a pink tank or a black tank? Which one? I am wearing black pants. I also made a flower corsage (shout out to Carrie's previous fashion statement), that looks like a bloomed Peony - white with pink edges.

Black sandals & black metal mesh evening bag. (bought this bag in 1984 for $80 dollars as an investment piece - I have used it many times)

fuzzy 8)
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

Jeemie

#10 Post by Jeemie » Thu May 29, 2008 7:40 am

I agree with one person whose review I saw- i don't get why people liek this series.

What's so compelling about seeing 4 well-off people complain about life not treating them fairly?

And the shallow part of me can't even get into the show because I don't think any of the four is particularly good-looking.
1979 City of Champions 2009

fuzzywuzzy

#11 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Fri May 30, 2008 7:36 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote: I will report on Friday am, about the premiere, the SWAG that I will get, and the film itself!

fuzzy 8)
SATC Premiere

Was fun, crazy, full of women bonding with their gfs, cosmos, some beautiful clothes, and some beautiful people! Most of these people are not people I would generally party with... Funny thing was...I am more connected to the whole SATC thing than some of the women I met. If you haven't seen the June issue of Vogue get it...SJP is on the cover, and there is an amazing photo shoot inside.

The gift bag... had a KC magazine in it, and raffle tix to win some cool stuff at Halls. Halls is = Bergdorf Goodman type store.

The fuzzy review of SATC

I liked it... I didn't love it! Love the soundtrack and ordered it from Amazon for $7.99!

I will not post any spoilers... I think that you need to experience the film to make up your own mind. The one thing that I will comment on, are several of the supporting characters are hardly shown at all...This is all about the girls!

Let me know what you think when you see the film... post your reviews here!

Have a great weekend!

fuzzy 8)
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Jeemie wrote:I agree with one person whose review I saw- i don't get why people liek this series.

What's so compelling about seeing 4 well-off people complain about life not treating them fairly?

And the shallow part of me can't even get into the show because I don't think any of the four is particularly good-looking.
Dude. You're a guy. Most guys aren't going to like this movie. I'm not a SATC fan only because I never watched it, but, it's the ultimate chicflickbook experience.

It's not exactly something to angst over in any way.
Well, then

Jeemie

#13 Post by Jeemie » Sat May 31, 2008 7:15 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:I agree with one person whose review I saw- i don't get why people liek this series.

Dude. You're a guy. Most guys aren't going to like this movie. I'm not a SATC fan only because I never watched it, but, it's the ultimate chicflickbook experience.

It's not exactly something to angst over in any way.
The person whose review I agreed with was a woman.
1979 City of Champions 2009

All-Purpose Merry Man
Merry Man

#14 Post by All-Purpose Merry Man » Sat May 31, 2008 7:46 am

I've never seen the show and have zero interest in doing so. Or seeing the movie. But I won't go out of my way to throw cold water on the joy of one of the nicest people here on the board.

A chacun son gout, and don't make me go do the accent thingies...
This page intentionally left blank

lilclyde54

#15 Post by lilclyde54 » Sat May 31, 2008 12:02 pm

The Baboo has pretty much laid down the law that we will be going to see this movie. I figure we might as well since you can't get away from the hype anywhere. I came in from grass cutting yesterday and flipped the TV over to ESPN. The two talking heads were discussing whether or not they were going to see SATC this weekend and explaining why (one of them) or why not (the other one) they thought it would be a good experience.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

Tocqueville3

#16 Post by Tocqueville3 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:40 pm

No offense to anyone here who likes Sex and the City. I hafta agree with Jeemie. And I 'm a girl. These chicks are the most self-centered, narcisstic, greedy, shallow girls around. No matter what happens they are never completely satisfied. Believe me, I have tried to watch the show cuz I thought I was supposed to. I'm a girl and I'm 35 so I must like Sex and the City! Wrong.

I can certainly see why a lot of women would enjoy the tv show and the movie. The clothes are fab. The shoes are ever more fab and Chris Noth is so good looking it isn't even funny. I just can't get past the four girls who can't stop whining. Part of that might be because I listen to little girls whine all day. I dunno.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#17 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:48 pm

Tocqueville3 wrote:

No offense to anyone here who likes Sex and the City. I hafta agree with Jeemie. And I 'm a girl. These chicks are the most self-centered, narcisstic, greedy, shallow girls around. No matter what happens they are never completely satisfied. Believe me, I have tried to watch the show cuz I thought I was supposed to. I'm a girl and I'm 35 so I must like Sex and the City! Wrong.

I can certainly see why a lot of women would enjoy the tv show and the movie. The clothes are fab. The shoes are ever more fab and Chris Noth is so good looking it isn't even funny. I just can't get past the four girls who can't stop whining. Part of that might be because I listen to little girls whine all day. I dunno.
You mean all women in NYC are not like that?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#18 Post by kayrharris » Sat May 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Add me to the list of those who has never seen a SATC episode. I have a friend who has DVD's of all the seasons. She has called me twice to tell me she is bringing them to me and I MUST watch them.

Problem with seeing the movie here is our Cinema sucks big time. It's so cold inside you have to take a winter coat, the place is never clean and you can only hope no one has hit your car while it's parked in the parking lot.

I may have to wait for the movie to be on DVD as well.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

hf_jai

#19 Post by hf_jai » Sat May 31, 2008 4:44 pm

I dunno. I have never watched the show so I suppose I shouldn't have an opinion. On the surface, it seems like it would be a rather shallow experience. But two of my friends who are probably the least shallow people I know are HUGE fans. Things are not always what they seem.

megaaddict

#20 Post by megaaddict » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:34 am

I always thought of the show as sort of an R-rated all-girl Seinfeld.

tlynn78

#21 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:58 am

Well, I want to know if fuzzy went with the pink or the black tank, and I also wanted to say that either way, the outfit sounded fabu!
Glad you had a good time!

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

fuzzywuzzy

#22 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:30 pm

tlynn78 wrote:Well, I want to know if fuzzy went with the pink or the black tank, and I also wanted to say that either way, the outfit sounded fabu!

t.
I went with the black tank and with the black silk jacket with the embroidered cityskyline on the bottom. It was HOT (temp wise), but worth it! I was the first one to the event wearing a Flower...however, more showed up later. My gf and I had a great time, and I really enjoyed seeing SATC a 2nd time.

Women were out in droves this weekend to make SATC #1 at the movies.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... fice_N.htm

fuzzy 8)
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

tlynn78

#23 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:43 pm

black silk jacket with the embroidered cityskyline on the bottom
The jacket sounds fierce!

t.

earendel

#24 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:51 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:Well, I want to know if fuzzy went with the pink or the black tank, and I also wanted to say that either way, the outfit sounded fabu!

t.
I went with the black tank and with the black silk jacket with the embroidered cityskyline on the bottom. It was HOT (temp wise), but worth it! I was the first one to the event wearing a Flower...however, more showed up later. My gf and I had a great time, and I really enjoyed seeing SATC a 2nd time.

Women were out in droves this weekend to make SATC #1 at the movies.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... fice_N.htm

fuzzy 8)
So there's already talk of a sequal, given the box office numbers from this weekend.

wbtravis007

#25 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:24 pm

Show me a man who has the guts to say that he likes this show (or the movie) and I'll show you a real man.

I've never seen it, but would be glad to watch it sometime. (They show boobies and what not, right?)