SSS and Nelly will like this book

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

SSS and Nelly will like this book

#1 Post by jarnon » Wed May 28, 2008 7:57 am

Bush misled U.S. on Iraq, former aide says in new book

"As a Texas loyalist who followed Bush to Washington with great hope and personal affection and as a proud member of his administration, I was all too ready to give him and his highly experienced foreign policy advisers the benefit of the doubt on Iraq," McClellan wrote. "Unfortunately, subsequent events have showed that our willingness to trust the judgment of Bush and his team was misplaced."

McClellan doesn't call Bush stupid or a liar. Instead, he thinks Bush has an uncanny ability to deceive himself.

He also has harsh words for Rice and Cheney.

hf_jai

#2 Post by hf_jai » Wed May 28, 2008 8:19 am

Here's another one I think they'll like. I picked up a copy for Mr Jai at Costco yesterday.

The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder by Vincent Bugliosi
Product Description
Famed Charles Manson prosecutor and three time #1 New York Times bestselling author Vincent Bugliosi has written the most powerful, explosive, and thought-provoking book of his storied career.

In The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, Bugliosi presents a tight, meticulously researched legal case that puts George W. Bush on trial in an American courtroom for the murder of nearly 4,000 American soldiers fighting the war in Iraq. Bugliosi sets forth the legal architecture and incontrovertible evidence that President Bush took this nation to war in Iraq under false pretenses—a war that has not only caused the deaths of American soldiers but also over 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women, and children; cost the United States over one trillion dollars thus far with no end in sight; and alienated many American allies in the Western world.

As a prosecutor who is dedicated to seeking justice, Bugliosi, in his inimitable style, delivers a non-partisan argument, free from party lines and instead based upon hard facts and pure objectivity.

A searing indictment of the President and his administration, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder also outlines a legally credible pathway to holding our highest government officials accountable for their actions, thereby creating a framework for future occupants of the oval office.

Vincent Bugliosi calls for the United States of America to return to the great nation it once was and can be again. He believes the first step to achieving this goal is to bring those responsible for the war in Iraq to justice.

MuhammadSaidalSahhaf
Merry Man

#3 Post by MuhammadSaidalSahhaf » Wed May 28, 2008 8:23 am

hf_jai wrote:
Product Description
Famed Charles Manson prosecutor and three time #1 New York Times bestselling author Vincent Bugliosi has written the most powerful, explosive, and thought-provoking book of his storied career.

In The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, Bugliosi presents a tight, meticulously researched legal case that puts George W. Bush on trial in an American courtroom for the murder of nearly 4,000 American soldiers fighting the war in Iraq. Bugliosi sets forth the legal architecture and incontrovertible evidence that President Bush took this nation to war in Iraq under false pretenses—a war that has not only caused the deaths of American soldiers but also over 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women, and children; cost the United States over one trillion dollars thus far with no end in sight; and alienated many American allies in the Western world.

As a prosecutor who is dedicated to seeking justice, Bugliosi, in his inimitable style, delivers a non-partisan argument, free from party lines and instead based upon hard facts and pure objectivity.

A searing indictment of the President and his administration, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder also outlines a legally credible pathway to holding our highest government officials accountable for their actions, thereby creating a framework for future occupants of the oval office.

Vincent Bugliosi calls for the United States of America to return to the great nation it once was and can be again. He believes the first step to achieving this goal is to bring those responsible for the war in Iraq to justice.

Praise Allah! It's about time! Where do I collect my damages?

Wait a minute... I won't have to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, will I?

hf_jai

#4 Post by hf_jai » Wed May 28, 2008 9:29 am

MuhammadSaidalSahhaf wrote:Praise Allah! It's about time! Where do I collect my damages?

Wait a minute... I won't have to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, will I?
I haven't been back long enough to figure out who most of the Merry Men are, but I guess it doesn't matter. Whoever you are, read the description again. This is about the murder of Americans. American soldiers, to be precise. You are mostly likely an accomplice to the crime.

I noticed a while back, and thought it odd, that our language has no word for the murder of soldiers. Anybody here know what the greek word for soldier is?

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Wed May 28, 2008 9:34 am

hf_jai wrote:
MuhammadSaidalSahhaf wrote:Praise Allah! It's about time! Where do I collect my damages?

I haven't been back long enough to figure out who most of the Merry Men are, but I guess it doesn't matter. Whoever you are, read the description again. This is about the murder of Americans. American soldiers, to be precise. You are mostly likely an accomplice to the crime.

I noticed a while back, and thought it odd, that our language has no word for the murder of soldiers. Anybody here know what the greek word for soldier is?
In the New Testament it's "stratioti", so "stratriocide" might fill the bill.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

hf_jai

#6 Post by hf_jai » Wed May 28, 2008 9:42 am

Thanks ear. Stratriocide sounds like what I was looking for. I should have known you would know. :D

wintergreen48

#7 Post by wintergreen48 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:24 pm

earendel wrote:
hf_jai wrote:

Actually, I think it is 'stratiotis,' but that would make it 'stratiotisicide,' which sounds stupid, so your form is better. You could also use 'polemistis,' which means 'warrior,' but that gets you to 'polemistisicide,' but if you don't worry about the nominative ending, you can make it 'polemisticide,' which I think sounds cool.

nitrah55

#8 Post by nitrah55 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:32 pm

Some blogger headlined the McClellan book this way:

"Bush Propagandist Condemns Bush Propaganda"

That pretty much sums it up.
I am about 25% sure of this.

wintergreen48

#9 Post by wintergreen48 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:32 pm

hf_jai wrote:Thanks ear. Stratriocide sounds like what I was looking for. I should have known you would know. :D
Although this is kind of a mulish word: a combination of Greek and Latin. If you really want to go Greek, you should use some form of the Greek word for murder, which is fonos, so you would have something like stratiotifonos, or, you stay in Latin, which is tough, because the Latin word for soldier or warrior is actually two words (miles militis), which would give you something like 'milesmiliticide' which sounds almost poetic-- MEE-less-mee-LEE-tee-side.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:12 pm

hf_jai wrote:I haven't been back long enough to figure out who most of the Merry Men are, but I guess it doesn't matter. Whoever you are, read the description again. This is about the murder of Americans. American soldiers, to be precise. You are mostly likely an accomplice to the crime.

The best way to tell if someone is an MM is to see if there's a tag under their name. Borrowing an idea Dave started, I label all MM's as "Merry Men" for those who don't keep a scorecard....

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed May 28, 2008 6:15 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
hf_jai wrote:I haven't been back long enough to figure out who most of the Merry Men are, but I guess it doesn't matter. Whoever you are, read the description again. This is about the murder of Americans. American soldiers, to be precise. You are mostly likely an accomplice to the crime.

The best way to tell if someone is an MM is to see if there's a tag under their name. Borrowing an idea Dave started, I label all MM's as "Merry Men" for those who don't keep a scorecard....

lb13
The problem seems to be that hf_jai thinks that Mr. MuhammadSaidalSahhaf was engaging in a serious political discussion.

The rest of us know that would be against Merry Men Local 1326 union rules! :)

hf_jai

#12 Post by hf_jai » Wed May 28, 2008 8:30 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Oh, I saw the "merry man" under the name. I meant I couldn't figure out who the "real" (if that's the right word for it) bored buddy is. I used to sort of know who most of the merry men really were... or at least I thought I did.
Marley wrote:The problem seems to be that hf_jai thinks that Mr. MuhammadSaidalSahhaf was engaging in a serious political discussion.

The rest of us know that would be against Merry Men Local 1326 union rules! Smile
That's a good point, Marley. Back in the earlier bored manifestations I remember, merry men were seldom particularly merry. They more often existed to take pot shots at other bored buddies, and other various acts of malevolence or general mayhem, without anyone being able to identify the guilty party. That custom seems to have, thankfully, changed.

hf_jai

#13 Post by hf_jai » Wed May 28, 2008 8:35 pm

Ummm... in other words, in case I wasn't clear, I apologize if I offended anyone because I haven't let myself become acquainted with how bored "culture" may have evolved while I've been gone.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#14 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:20 pm

hf_jai wrote:Ummm... in other words, in case I wasn't clear, I apologize if I offended anyone because I haven't let myself become acquainted with how bored "culture" may have evolved while I've been gone.

No offense taken and no apology necessary....

Baghdad Bob's from my closet, and no, he never says anything serious.... much like all the rest of my MM's....

lb13

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#15 Post by AnnieCamaro » Wed May 28, 2008 9:27 pm

hf_jai wrote:Ummm... in other words, in case I wasn't clear, I apologize if I offended anyone because I haven't let myself become acquainted with how bored "culture" may have evolved while I've been gone.
In case you ever were wondering, Miss jai, I am not a merry man. I am a happy girl. I have culture, though. I'm composing an excellent opera.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#16 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:31 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:

No offense taken and no apology necessary....

Baghdad Bob's from my closet, and no, he never says anything serious.... much like all the rest of my MM's....

lb13

To elaborate on the evolution of Merry Men on the Bored, MM's were mostly for frivolity when they first began to take hold on the Bored in 2001. And for the most part, they have always been that way, but the bad apples from the 2002-03 era poisoned the well for all MM's, and you're not the first BB to come back to the Bored lately to still have that notion of MM's. For the most part though, the bad MM's were all but gone from the Bored in the last couple years, and since there isn't complete anonymity here, they are all but extinct now...

My view on what constituted an "anonymous coward" MM and the more merrier kind differs from others on this Bored. There is a difference, in my opinion, between the ones who spewed pure venom in an attempt to be hateful, and the ones who prodded at the BB's on this Bored who have made charicatures of themselves (HD, ghost, BDM, Marley, yours truly, et al.). Many of the latter kind were some of my favorites....

lb13

BackInTex

#17 Post by BackInTex » Wed May 28, 2008 10:59 pm

One difference on this bored is that Merry Men can not be anonymous cowards because the monitors can track who they are.

Which keeps the merrymen merry.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

earendel

#18 Post by earendel » Thu May 29, 2008 5:24 am

wintergreen48 wrote:
earendel wrote:
hf_jai wrote: I haven't been back long enough to figure out who most of the Merry Men are, but I guess it doesn't matter. Whoever you are, read the description again. This is about the murder of Americans. American soldiers, to be precise. You are mostly likely an accomplice to the crime.

Actually, I think it is 'stratiotis,' but that would make it 'stratiotisicide,' which sounds stupid, so your form is better. You could also use 'polemistis,' which means 'warrior,' but that gets you to 'polemistisicide,' but if you don't worry about the nominative ending, you can make it 'polemisticide,' which I think sounds cool.
You're right - "stratioti" is the plural form.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."