two questions

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
franktangredi

two questions

#1 Post by franktangredi » Wed May 28, 2008 10:33 am

A. Can anybody with a PayPal account both send and receive money? Or do you have to do something special to receive?

B. The application for Password only has an e-mail address, yet it's obviously a print application. I can't figure out where to send it. Does anybody know?

Thanks.

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:34 am

1. I have only sent money - so I do not know.

2. Ask skoop - she applied so she would know.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed May 28, 2008 10:35 am

You don't have to do anything special to receive cash transfers, though from what I understand, you have to do something special to receive credit card payments.

franktangredi

#4 Post by franktangredi » Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:You don't have to do anything special to receive cash transfers, though from what I understand, you have to do something special to receive credit card payments.
The payments would go into my bank account, then? That would be ideal.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 28, 2008 10:43 am

franktangredi wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:You don't have to do anything special to receive cash transfers, though from what I understand, you have to do something special to receive credit card payments.
No, they go into your PayPal account. You can then transfer that to your bank account or use a PayPal debit card.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

franktangredi

#6 Post by franktangredi » Wed May 28, 2008 10:45 am

Bob Juch wrote:
franktangredi wrote:
No, they go into your PayPal account. You can then transfer that to your bank account or use a PayPal debit card.
Okay, thanks. That may be even better, since I can keep those funds separate.

fantine33

#7 Post by fantine33 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:54 am

APU
Last edited by fantine33 on Fri May 30, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gsabc

#8 Post by gsabc » Wed May 28, 2008 12:33 pm

fantine33 wrote:It depends on how you are getting paid. If people use their bank account or Paypal balance, there's no charge to receive payment. If they use their credit card as a funding source, you must upgrade to a business account and will be charged a transaction fee of .30 plus a % of the total charge (it varies depending on volume, but figure 3%).

The catch is that, once you upgrade, the fees are charged on ALL of the payments you receive, no matter the funding source.

You can get your money by having a check cut (there's a charge), or an electronic transfer to your bank account. If you apply for a Paypal debit card, you can purchase with that or ATM withdrawal (there's a charge).
I think there may also be a limit to how much you can receive if you don't upgrade.

It usually takes a couple of days for transfers to show up in your bank account. You need to allow for that when the money is required.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Ritterskoop

Re: two questions

#9 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed May 28, 2008 2:00 pm

franktangredi wrote:
B. The application for Password only has an e-mail address, yet it's obviously a print application. I can't figure out where to send it. Does anybody know?

Thanks.
I printed out the app, filled it in, scanned it, and sent that as an attachment to the email address.

They did acknowledge receipt, but you see I am not on your TV this week so there may well be a better route. Or it's because I asked for a celebrity partner they fear will expire any moment.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#10 Post by sunflower » Wed May 28, 2008 2:42 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
franktangredi wrote:

Thanks.
I printed out the app, filled it in, scanned it, and sent that as an attachment to the email address.

They did acknowledge receipt, but you see I am not on your TV this week so there may well be a better route. Or it's because I asked for a celebrity partner they fear will expire any moment.

I did it last week, same thing, filled it in, scanned it in and emailed it as an attachment with a picture. Then I got this bounced back:

Thank you for your interest in Million Dollar Password!

To be considered, please submit a recent photo with a paragraph stating why you
would make a great contestant for our show to MILLIONDOLLARCASTING@GMAIL.COM.

Thank You,
MDP Casting Department

So I sent a paragraph and a photo. I'm not sure if you can just skip the step with the application since they didn't seem concerned with it. Who knows. I take the whole thing to be a little sketchy, I'm guessing maybe at this point they aren't really casting anymore?

Ritterskoop

#11 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed May 28, 2008 3:39 pm

sunflower wrote:
I'm guessing maybe at this point they aren't really casting anymore?
It depends on how well the show does next week. If it gets picked up, we'll all get called......
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#12 Post by sunflower » Wed May 28, 2008 4:41 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
sunflower wrote:
I'm guessing maybe at this point they aren't really casting anymore?
It depends on how well the show does next week. If it gets picked up, we'll all get called......
Good call...