Four Things

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kusch

Re: Four Things

#26 Post by kusch » Wed May 28, 2008 2:00 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
kusch wrote:A) FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER:

Work, grocery store, golf course--in season and Carmike Theaters

B) FOUR PEOPLE WHO PM ME:

not much of a PM person

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Spaghetti, Chocolate, My homeade dill pickles, Rib Eye steak

D) FOUR PLACES WHERE I'D RATHER BE:

Golf course, bridge table, work--it really is not work doing what I do and the golf course

E) FOUR PEOPLE WHO I THINK WILL RESPOND:

Pea, tgirl, SC, Kay

F) FOUR MOVIES THAT I WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:

Shawshank Redemption, Cutting Edge, Field of Dreams, Pretty Woman
I think life would be perfect for you if you were a professional golfer.

Thanks Dan, you may be right, but I never and I mean never ever had a game even close to that being possible. Right now golf and bridge are dead even for what I would rather do. Guess it is nice to have a short golf season so when that hits, I play golf. Winter comes, hello bridge. 8 more years then I can play golf in the morning and find a bridge game in the afternoon. Yup, thats the ticket.

BeansCat
Merry Man

#27 Post by BeansCat » Wed May 28, 2008 2:11 pm

A) FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER:

littrbox, bed, uver bed, cooky bowl

Miss Anie, Mr. Beest

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

samon-flavord crunchees, staek-flavord crunchees, tuna-flavord crunchees, meet-flavord crunchees

not at de doktor, fersure. dey poek and prod me nd stik wier up my but.

i lieks it heer. der aer beds and fooods.

huh? all peeples luv to tawk abowt demselfs.

ratatuuey
de liun king
dat darn cat
must wuv cats nd dogs

not catwoman. dat moovee suks
I made you a donut but I eated it

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#28 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:12 pm

kusch wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
kusch wrote:A) FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER:

Work, grocery store, golf course--in season and Carmike Theaters

not much of a PM person

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Spaghetti, Chocolate, My homeade dill pickles, Rib Eye steak

Golf course, bridge table, work--it really is not work doing what I do and the golf course

Pea, tgirl, SC, Kay

Shawshank Redemption, Cutting Edge, Field of Dreams, Pretty Woman
I think life would be perfect for you if you were a professional golfer.

Thanks Dan, you may be right, but I never and I mean never ever had a game even close to that being possible. Right now golf and bridge are dead even for what I would rather do. Guess it is nice to have a short golf season so when that hits, I play golf. Winter comes, hello bridge. 8 more years then I can play golf in the morning and find a bridge game in the afternoon. Yup, thats the ticket.
You could move from North Dakota to a warm climate and play golf ALL the time.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#29 Post by kayrharris » Wed May 28, 2008 2:31 pm

[quote="christie1111"]It was a fun email thing I got that I thought might transfer over here with slight modifications to start an interesting thread..

Four things about me

Office, get my nails done, music practice, CVS (it's my Wal Mart)

No one really.

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

A good filet mignon - cooked medium rare, my potato soup, Jeff's chili (thanks, BB!) my lasagna

Condo at the beach, outside by my pool, shopping in NYC,
Marbella

This would be easier for 4 people I think WON'T respond.

Breakfast at Tiffany's, Casablanca, Bird Cage, Good Will Hunting
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

kusch

#30 Post by kusch » Wed May 28, 2008 2:50 pm

kayrharris wrote:
christie1111 wrote:It was a fun email thing I got that I thought might transfer over here with slight modifications to start an interesting thread..

Four things about me

Office, get my nails done, music practice, CVS (it's my Wal Mart)

No one really.

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

A good filet mignon - cooked medium rare, my potato soup, Jeff's chili (thanks, BB!) my lasagna

Condo at the beach, outside by my pool, shopping in NYC,
Marbella

This would be easier for 4 people I think WON'T respond.

Breakfast at Tiffany's, Casablanca, Bird Cage, Good Will Hunting

Marbella???? Shoe shop? Dress shop?

Ok, I googled it, I was a tad off with my two guesses. :oops:

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#31 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:09 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Four things about me

D) FOUR PLACES WHERE I'D RATHER BE: on a shack on a bayou; on a shack on a beach; on a shack on a lake; in the shack we're in only with it fixed up to be unshacky

So, do you want to shack up?
Does it involve a trip to Pusser's Bar? the one on Tortola? Is that not one of the greatest places?
Also, Virgin Gorda. sigh I forgot about that.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#32 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:12 pm

[quote="kusch

Beebs----your cat looks exactly and I mean exactly like my daughter's cat Eva. She also has a cat or should I say beast named Orion.
And I have to put up with both of them for the next couple of day, yuck. And before you send PETA after me, just know that I mean no harm what so ever to those cats. I just have a workable obsessive compulsion (workable for me anyway) with cats and dogs. I freak out (or get really really creeped out) if I touch them or find a cat or dog hair on me or my clothes. Oh, boy it is gonna be a long several days.[/quote]

I was trying to think of a snappy cute comeback for you to help you through the trauma. After having had five extry kittehs in my house for the past few days, I feel your pain. Carry a bit roll of strapping tape to delint your clothes and have someone else empty the litterbox.
Well, then

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#33 Post by kayrharris » Wed May 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Sorry Kusch. I've been to Marbella twice. The Mediterranean is so absolutely gorgeous, the weather is always perfect and yes, they have shopping there.
:)

Spouse has a Spanish company there. He goes all the time. I'm lucky if I get there once a year. It's what kept me from making the trip to Minot for the Hostfest last year. It is a fabulous place.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#34 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Hospice to see Mom, my brother's house, my stepdaughter's house, work

I had all I could do to learn e-mail, and you want me to pm??
Seriously, only two bb's from here have ever pm'd me and they shall remain anonymous. Let the speculation begin!

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

General Tso's Chicken, Lasagna, Veal w/Roasted Red Peppers, mushrooms, and mozzarella in a lemon sauce (not sure of the name of it other than "that yummy dish I like"), Coconut Shrimp

Walt Disney World, the rocky coastline of Maine, at a concert, Yankee Stadium (especially to fulfill a dream of seeing an Old Timer's Day there..never been able to get tix for one

Too late to speculate as I am late joining this party. Hmmm..nobody thought I would respond?? Do I come off as anti-social? Did nobody think of me? I am hurt. Hurt, I tell you (sniff sniff).

The Godfather, Field of Dreams, A League of Their Own, A Hard Day's Night. Many others but those will do.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

tlynn78

#35 Post by tlynn78 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:43 pm

It's what kept me from making the trip to Minot for the Hostfest last year
You gave up Minot for Marbella? Masochist, huh? :P

I'd love to explore almost any coast of the Mediterranean. Someday.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

christie1111
11:11

#36 Post by christie1111 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:46 pm

Me thinks when KT gets around to this he may add Kauai or one of the lesser Hawaiian islands.

:-)
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

KillerTomato

#37 Post by KillerTomato » Wed May 28, 2008 3:56 pm

Work. Tambellini's (for live trivia every Tuesday). My dad's apartment. Vegas.

The only people who PM or text me any more are reaching the wrong number. Back in my VJ days (God, how I miss that site...), I could count on dozens of WM convos with other players. Christie recently PMed me about her sister, and Marley did on another subject.

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Indian food (there's a pretty good Indian place near where I work). Sushi (I miss the all-you-can-eat sushi in Vegas!).
My own spaghetti sauce (and very few others).
Tuna casserole.

Kauai :-)
Maui :-)
Florence
Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.

Sliver, PSM, Peababe and Marley.

The toughest question by far for me.

The Godfather (actually, all three)
The Shawshank Redemption
The Last of Sheila
Airplane!

JUST missing the cut:
Finding Nemo
Star Wars
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
North By Northwest
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Pulp Fiction
Murder By Death
Citizen Kane
and about 300 more.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

KillerTomato

#38 Post by KillerTomato » Wed May 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Tocqueville3 wrote: C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:
chocolate
pasta
tomatoes
coffee ice cream

Aww, how sweet! I like you too, sweetie!
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

JasperSuchard
Four-Footer

#39 Post by JasperSuchard » Wed May 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Lucy's butt, Lily's butt, the food place, the poop place,

Nobody

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Crunchies, Fancy Feast, anything my Dad is eating and the special Salmon Jerky that my Grandpa Steve brought back from Alaska

Outside

I don't care if anyone responds.

I don't do TV
Meow!

ghostjmf

#40 Post by ghostjmf » Wed May 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Plum Island* Reserve, 45 miles north of Boston; 1st heard of it in a local musician (Richard Johnson)'s instrumental named after it, & thought "if I ever have a car I will check it out"; about 15 years later I did have a car & did, its exactly as lovely as the music was.

Sacred Harp singings; I'm not as much into this as I was few years ago maybe, but I still go & I prefer the smaller singings where I get to meet & talk to people in-between, & where I feel "they actually may miss my voice on the part if I leave"

Home to Ohio, to visit my very old Mom, my sister, my brother, & my sister's Lhasa Apso

work every day

I don't have PM

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

OK, I like way more than 4 foods. As do most of you too.
I'm going to list "foods I love that I don't make myself up to great restaurant quality":

Strange Flavor Chicken; the strange flavor is either special peppercorns, cilantro, both, or something else depending on which recipe you read; after my favorite restaurant went out of business I finally found another who made it almost as good

Szechuan Duck with Vegetables; after my favorite restaurant became unfavorite by virtue of changing all their recipes (& probably the chef), I finally found one that made it differently but just as good; unfortunately, its in my home town, not where I live

Toscanini's Kulfee & Burnt Caramel ice cream flavors (is that 2?)

My very own chicken scallopini (called picatta by some), which recipe I got from a chef-in-training neighbor; gotta get the batter-coated chicken crispy & then put the lemon on & "reduce" it 'til its a glaze, but without burning anything, although I'll eat it burnt too; this I think I make better than some restaurants, but of course I have to try theirs to compare

Plum Island (see above)

My apartment after it gets a complete overhaul, which it only would if I owned, not rented & if then I could afford it; barring that, some inn that is far enough away so I don't feel guilty staying in it instead of heading back home (I never actually stay in expensive "country comfort" inns, but I eat meals in a lot of them, & wish)

Britain or Ireland again, just driving around (again)

Hawaii, where I've never gone, but on this vacation, since its still technically in the US, I'd make no bones about sightseeing by day & watching all my stupid favorite TV shows at night; I'm not a night-life type of person anyway, & on vacations even to Ohio I manage not to get something on tape back home that even in this era isn't repeated on the internet

FOUR PEOPLE WHO I THINK WILL RESPOND:

Is that 'respond to me" or respond at all? I've read too much of this thread already to fairly guess "at all"; if its "to me", I hope its the people I like, & not the jerkwaters; occasionally a nice person gets miffed & thinks I mean them by this, but all the jerkwaters make no mistake about who they are

FOUR MOVIES THAT I WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:

none. I get hives at the thought of re-seeing movies. I've seen "Its a Wonderful Life", which I do like, several times, but that was by default, considering what time of year its on.

I have also re-watched only a few TV series: The 1st (5?) years of Tom Baker as Dr. Who; 1st I had to watch them again in color when I finally got a color TV, then I had to watch them all again when the tiny bits that were cut out in the American version for the narrator "catch up" at the beginning by Howard Da Silva (?) were put back in. I admit I've seen most of these about 7 times each. I don't like the last 2 years, after creepy pseudo-Zen people took over production, & have only seen most of them once even though Baker's still in them.

Then there's Da Vinci's Inquest, which I've had to watch several episodes of at least a couple/3 times because I missed part of the original syndicated broadcast due to evil scheduling by local TV stations; also, any time I get a chance to watch the original CBC version I do, because small things were cut out of the American syndicated version (not just "silenced" for language, which happens on this show all the time & is kinda funny because you can always tell exactly what word is being silenced, but incomprehensibly, as this was a prime-time Canadian drama, cut)

* Technically listed as Parker River Something Reserve, if anyone's looking for it. You buy a $15.00 "bird stamp" to get in year round; else its some amount per car every time.
Last edited by ghostjmf on Thu May 29, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#41 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm

KillerTomato wrote: Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.
I forgot about Castaway Cay. I loved it there!

KillerTomato

#42 Post by KillerTomato » Wed May 28, 2008 4:09 pm

christie1111 wrote:Me thinks when KT gets around to this he may add Kauai or one of the lesser Hawaiian islands.

FTR, I answered before reading anything else in the thread....so, BOY am I transparent!
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

christie1111
11:11

#43 Post by christie1111 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:39 pm

KillerTomato wrote:
christie1111 wrote:Me thinks when KT gets around to this he may add Kauai or one of the lesser Hawaiian islands.

FTR, I answered before reading anything else in the thread....so, BOY am I transparent!
Very intelligent in my book!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

mellytu74

#44 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:49 pm

The main branch of the Philadelphia Free Library
Citizen's Bank Park for Phillies games
Wildwood, NJ
Bookstores (Borders, Barnes & Noble, local mom & pops. Doesn't matter).

I tend not to do PMs

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Well, there's a lot more than four :)

Boonie's homemade chili
TLAF's recipe for bracciola
Watermelon
The big signature salad at the Maurice River Diner
Crab soup from Rick's in Wildwood
Baby back ribs and corn on the cob

NYC for a weekend
Drinking an Irish coffee at the Bella Vista in SF, watching the water
At the shore, feeding the ducks in Wildwood
The Olympics, during the heats for the 100 meters, men and women. It's so very cool because, even if a runner finishes fifth in a heat and sets a national or area (such as Pan-Pacific) record, it gets mentioned by the PA announcer.

Respond to the thread? I'm looking for Spock and AD.

Casablanca
Sleepless in Seattle
Shawshank Redemption
Ball of Fire
The Godfather Trilogy

Catfish

#45 Post by Catfish » Wed May 28, 2008 7:37 pm

School for kid chaufferage
School for community theater
Weight Watchers meeting
Church

Pass

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:
Pizza
Dark-chocolate-covered roasted coffee beans
Shredded wheat (regular not spoon size) with skim milk, a sliced banana, and Splenda
Cheese

Upstairs in my bed reading a book
Out in my garden
In northern Italy
At a pied-a-terre in Chicago I hope to own one day

The usual suspects.

Forrest Gump
The Women
The Shawshank Redemption
A Christmas Story
Catfish

mellytu74

#46 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:55 pm

Catfish wrote: D) FOUR PLACES WHERE I'D RATHER BE:

Upstairs in my bed reading a book
Out in my garden
In northern Italy
At a pied-a-terre in Chicago I hope to own one day
Ooh! Chicago! I forgot Chicago! I love Chicago!

mellytu74

#47 Post by mellytu74 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:58 pm

mellytu74 wrote:
C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Well, there's a lot more than four :)

Boonie's homemade chili
TLAF's recipe for bracciola
Watermelon
The big signature salad at the Maurice River Diner
Crab soup from Rick's in Wildwood
Baby back ribs and corn on the cob
OMG!! I forgot Tastykakes. Butterscotch Krimpets.

Tocqueville3

#48 Post by Tocqueville3 » Wed May 28, 2008 8:43 pm

KillerTomato wrote:
chocolate
pasta
tomatoes
coffee ice cream

I especially like you if you are of the heirloom variety. :wink:

Or if you have come outta my garden and have been sprinkeld with sea salt and cracked pepper with a dollop of Blue Plate mayo.

We both like Raiders of the Lost Ark. My favorite line in that flick is in the beginning when Indy says "Didn't you guys ever go to Sunday school?"

KillerTomato

#49 Post by KillerTomato » Wed May 28, 2008 9:07 pm

Tocqueville3 wrote:
KillerTomato wrote:
chocolate
pasta
tomatoes
coffee ice cream

I especially like you if you are of the heirloom variety. :wink:

Or if you have come outta my garden and have been sprinkeld with sea salt and cracked pepper with a dollop of Blue Plate mayo.

We both like Raiders of the Lost Ark. My favorite line in that flick is in the beginning when Indy says "Didn't you guys ever go to Sunday school?"

I dunno 'bout "heirloom"....but I'm 100% beefsteak, baby! ;-)

As for Raiders, it's just SUCH a fun and (sorta) original (for its time) movie. Taking those great Saturday Afternoon serials and making a 2-hour movie out of them was just terrific.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#50 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:48 pm

Catfish wrote: The Women
You are the only other person I know who's watched this movie!

I wouldn't watch it over and over, but I'm glad I saw it once on the late show.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller