Four Things

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Four Things

#51 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:52 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:B) FOUR PEOPLE WHO PM ME:

I had all I could do to learn e-mail, and you want me to pm??
Seriously, only two bb's from here have ever pm'd me and they shall remain anonymous. Let the speculation begin!
And me! About 20 minutes ago!

It's no secret, it's actually pretty boring, so T_Bone's the only one I made read it.

I asked him a question about 60s music which he will know the answer to because he knows everything about music.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#52 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:54 pm

I'll answer the actual questions later. I'm fading fast.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

peacock2121

#53 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:54 am

A) FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER:

The Millbrook Post Office, The guest room (where the elliptical lives), Amy's House, My seminar

B) FOUR PEOPLE WHO PM ME:

I am not telling - if they wanted others to know they would post publically that I have a PM from them

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Mud Pie, salad, hummus and SmartFood

D) FOUR PLACES WHERE I'D RATHER BE:

gambling, the beach, golfing, hiking

E) FOUR PEOPLE WHO I THINK WILL RESPOND:

Annie, PSM, t-girl and kusch

F) FOUR MOVIES THAT I WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:

Dirty Dancing, The Postman, Shawshank

christie1111
11:11

#54 Post by christie1111 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:18 am

mellytu74 wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:
C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Well, there's a lot more than four :)

Boonie's homemade chili
TLAF's recipe for bracciola
Watermelon
The big signature salad at the Maurice River Diner
Crab soup from Rick's in Wildwood
Baby back ribs and corn on the cob
OMG!! I forgot Tastykakes. Butterscotch Krimpets.
Those are the best!

My cousin is a Marine in Afghanistan. He had Tastykakes on his list of things he wanted. Another cousin sent some but then had the brainstorm to contact Tastykake directly. They agreed to send him and his unit a case!

WTG Tastykake!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Catfish

#55 Post by Catfish » Thu May 29, 2008 7:47 am

christie1111 wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:
C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Well, there's a lot more than four :)

Boonie's homemade chili
TLAF's recipe for bracciola
Watermelon
The big signature salad at the Maurice River Diner
Crab soup from Rick's in Wildwood
Baby back ribs and corn on the cob
OMG!! I forgot Tastykakes. Butterscotch Krimpets.
Those are the best!

My cousin is a Marine in Afghanistan. He had Tastykakes on his list of things he wanted. Another cousin sent some but then had the brainstorm to contact Tastykake directly. They agreed to send him and his unit a case!

WTG Tastykake!
I love Butterscotch Krimpets!! They don't have Tastykakes here :(

The instant I shut down my computer last night, I realized my movie list was inadequate, so I add:

Men of Honor
The Great Escape
The Magnificent Seven
Gladiator
The Sandlot
Catfish

ghostjmf

Oops; do you mean PMs from this board?

#56 Post by ghostjmf » Thu May 29, 2008 9:24 am

I thought the Q meant something like text messages, which I'm not equipped to do.

I have gotten PMs from board people. So far they've been the nice board people. Lets leave it like that (& I hope keep it that way!). And I hope none of the nice board people are miffed that they think I forgot their PMs.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Oops; do you mean PMs from this board?

#57 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 29, 2008 9:32 am

ghostjmf wrote:I thought the Q meant something like text messages, which I'm not equipped to do.
Well, christie said she modified this from an e-mail she received. I presume it was one of those chain letter e-mails that said something like "Send this to 20 of your friends right now including sending a copy back to me or else I'm not really your friend, boo hoo."

Here on the Bored, we can interpret "respond" to mean any kind of reply to this thread, but the original chain letter context was probably "answer the questions and forward the e-mail". Which I didn't do, because I don't respond to chain letters. :wink:

Unless it's in a sarcastic way. :twisted:

andrewjackson

#58 Post by andrewjackson » Thu May 29, 2008 9:33 am

My soccer bar, Borders, Goode Barbecue, my trivia bar

Kat, Jenn, Nobius, Amy (these are friends of mine that none of y'all know)

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Steak, pork chops, ribs, pizza

asleep, on a lake in Michigan, at a Dynamo game, at a bookstore

Marley, BBKing, mrkelley, pea

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Kelly's Heroes, Lawrence of Arabia, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
No matter where you go, there you are.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#59 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 am

andrewjackson wrote:A) FOUR PLACES I GO OVER AND OVER:

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Kelly's Heroes, Lawrence of Arabia, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
I don't care about Nobius, but are Kat, Jenn and Amy also Dynamo fans?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

andrewjackson

#60 Post by andrewjackson » Thu May 29, 2008 12:28 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Kat definitely is. Jenn not at all although she has been to a couple of games. She is a hockey fan. She is a big Houston Aeros minor league hockey fan that I started hanging out with this winter. Kat is also a hockey fan and the person that got me connected with Jenn and going to the Aeros' games. Amy has been to a few Dynamo games when she has been here in town or in Chicago but she is more of a general sports fan than really a soccer fan. She lives in Chicago but we've been friends for about 20 years.

Nobius is a guy, as you apparently divined, and thus of no consequence but I'll tell you about him anyway. He is a huge Dynamo fan and part of the leadership of the Texian Army, our Dynamo supporters' group. He communicates with everyone via PMs and texts so he is one of the people who PMs me the most.

christie1111
11:11

Re: Oops; do you mean PMs from this board?

#61 Post by christie1111 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:52 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
ghostjmf wrote:I thought the Q meant something like text messages, which I'm not equipped to do.
Well, christie said she modified this from an e-mail she received. I presume it was one of those chain letter e-mails that said something like "Send this to 20 of your friends right now including sending a copy back to me or else I'm not really your friend, boo hoo."

Here on the Bored, we can interpret "respond" to mean any kind of reply to this thread, but the original chain letter context was probably "answer the questions and forward the e-mail". Which I didn't do, because I don't respond to chain letters. :wink:

Unless it's in a sarcastic way. :twisted:
Well, it was better than the send to 20 people one, but yeah, like that.

It was email in the original which dint make sense here.

But a lot of people responded and I found some of the responses interesting. And some said quite abit about themselves. And I have written down a couple of movies I think I should watch.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#62 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:27 pm

andrewjackson wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

Kat definitely is. Jenn not at all although she has been to a couple of games. She is a hockey fan. She is a big Houston Aeros minor league hockey fan that I started hanging out with this winter. Kat is also a hockey fan and the person that got me connected with Jenn and going to the Aeros' games. Amy has been to a few Dynamo games when she has been here in town or in Chicago but she is more of a general sports fan than really a soccer fan. She lives in Chicago but we've been friends for about 20 years.

Nobius is a guy, as you apparently divined, and thus of no consequence but I'll tell you about him anyway. He is a huge Dynamo fan and part of the leadership of the Texian Army, our Dynamo supporters' group. He communicates with everyone via PMs and texts so he is one of the people who PMs me the most.
I found the Nobius facebook page. After all, how many Nobius's's's' can there be?

andrewjackson

#63 Post by andrewjackson » Thu May 29, 2008 3:27 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
andrewjackson wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote: I don't care about Nobius, but are Kat, Jenn and Amy also Dynamo fans?

I found the Nobius facebook page. After all, how many Nobius's's's' can there be?
Ah. Yeah, he made up that name so I guess it is unique.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#64 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:02 pm

Four things about me

Crazy.
Ballistic.
Into the wild.
Fishing.

Marcia
Her mom.
Her dad.
Mary

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

In no particular order:
Chocolate/raspberry/banana Blizzard (or Breeze if they have 'em) (DQ copyright thingie)
Peanut butter sammich with raisins, plus hot chocolate on the side.
Green chili chicken soup
Blueberries or strawberries with yogurt on top and then some kind of cereal on top of that, maybe Cheerios

Fishing
Cruising
Greece
Machu Picchu

I'm too late, they already did it.

We had a thread on this the other day, except it was when they come around on television. 'S OK with me, I'm copying myself . . .

Shawshank
Trading Places
The Rookie

I also watch Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Parent Trap (Dennis Quaid version), and Frequency whenever they come around. Admittedly, Frequency doesn't come around very much.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#65 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:04 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:

Pea, Marley, PSM, Sprots
MrKelley is so smart. :mrgreen:

ghostjmf

#66 Post by ghostjmf » Thu May 29, 2008 5:23 pm

SportsFan says:
...Frequency whenever they come around. Admittedly, Frequency doesn't come around very much.
I am happy happy happy I sought out & watched Frequency (based on its decent-fantasy-premise-movieness) before the star got cast as Jesus in Mel Gibson's anti-Semiticfest.

Has the poor guy (Cavalziel, whose name I've completely clobbered, not Jesus) been cast in any starring roles since?

fantine33

#67 Post by fantine33 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:45 am

SportsFan68 wrote:I also watch Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Parent Trap (Dennis Quaid version), and Frequency whenever they come around. Admittedly, Frequency doesn't come around very much.
Frequency is one of the greatest movies ever! I remember carrying on and on about it in the GC a few years ago. When it hit the HBO circuit after its theater run I still had premium cable and watched it over and over and over again. When it was taken out of the rotation, I broke down and bought the DVD. I've even copied it just in case my original gets broken or stops playing or whatever, and I never make backup copies of anything (even after I lost everything in a computer crash. I guess I just like living on the edge. Ha!).

Even now, I start to tear up as soon as Dennis Quaid
Spoiler
is shown after he shoots the serial killer and you see that he's managed to make it to middle/older age.
Which turns into full out bawling as soon as that dumb Garth Brooks song starts up, and I don't even like Garth Brooks!

For those who haven't seen it, the premise is 'sorta' along the lines of Back to the Future, but about 3056733 gazillion times better (and, dont get me wrong, I like Back to the Future).

To me, the entire movie encompasses my concept of reincarnation: Keep doing it over until you get it right.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#68 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri May 30, 2008 7:53 am

fantine33 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:I also watch Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Parent Trap (Dennis Quaid version), and Frequency whenever they come around. Admittedly, Frequency doesn't come around very much.
Frequency is one of the greatest movies ever! I remember carrying on and on about it in the GC a few years ago. When it hit the HBO circuit after its theater run I still had premium cable and watched it over and over and over again. When it was taken out of the rotation, I broke down and bought the DVD. I've even copied it just in case my original gets broken or stops playing or whatever, and I never make backup copies of anything (even after I lost everything in a computer crash. I guess I just like living on the edge. Ha!).

Even now, I start to tear up as soon as Dennis Quaid
Spoiler
is shown after he shoots the serial killer and you see that he's managed to make it to middle/older age.
Which turns into full out bawling as soon as that dumb Garth Brooks song starts up, and I don't even like Garth Brooks!

For those who haven't seen it, the premise is 'sorta' along the lines of Back to the Future, but about 3056733 gazillion times better (and, dont get me wrong, I like Back to the Future).

To me, the entire movie encompasses my concept of reincarnation: Keep doing it over until you get it right.
Then you must really love Groundhog Day.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#69 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri May 30, 2008 7:58 am

I suppose I better go ahead and answer this. It seems to be The Thing To Do:

Four things about me

BJ's Wholesale Club, Harris Teeter, pick any local ballfield in the spring, ditto any of my kids' schools when it's not summer.

I don't do PM. Beast might PM me here on the bored to give me a head's up on something I may otherwise miss, but that's all.

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

King Crab legs, chicken enchiladas, bacon cheeseburgers with so much extra glop I need 6 napkins, and mu shu shrimp. Pass the Lipitor.

Sleeping, someplace warm and tropical with the staff bringing me umbrella drinks in my hammock, WDW, Vegas. The last two places could go in the Places I Go Over and Over section as well!

If I were one of those people who absolutely must be proven right, no matter what (and we all know who they are), I could pick four of my MM and have them reply. I guess pretty much everyone else has already responded, so I'll say beast, Marley and Rexer will pop by to give me grief about my responses, because that's their hobby, and someone else random will wander in randomly.

I find myself watching stupid things that I love whenever I flick by them on TV. Overboard, Legally Blonde, and Sixteen Candles come to mind, and of course My Cousin Vinny which I can't call stupid because it's brilliant.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#70 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:02 am

minimetoo26 wrote:E) FOUR PEOPLE WHO I THINK WILL RESPOND:

If I were one of those people who absolutely must be proven right, no matter what (and we all know who they are), I could pick four of my MM and have them reply. I guess pretty much everyone else has already responded, so I'll say beast, Marley and Rexer will pop by to give me grief about my responses, because that's their hobby, and someone else random will wander in randomly.

Since when do I respond to your posts....?

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#71 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 30, 2008 8:12 am

minimetoo26 wrote:E) FOUR PEOPLE WHO I THINK WILL RESPOND:

My hobby is giving you grief? I am shocked and aggrieved that you think so!

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#72 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:18 am

minimetoo26 wrote:I suppose I better go ahead and answer this. It seems to be The Thing To Do:

Four things about me

BJ's Wholesale Club, Harris Teeter, pick any local ballfield in the spring, ditto any of my kids' schools when it's not summer.

I don't do PM. Beast might PM me here on the bored to give me a head's up on something I may otherwise miss, but that's all.

C) FOUR FOODS I LIKE:

King Crab legs, chicken enchiladas, bacon cheeseburgers with so much extra glop I need 6 napkins, and mu shu shrimp. Pass the Lipitor.

Sleeping, someplace warm and tropical with the staff bringing me umbrella drinks in my hammock, WDW, Vegas. The last two places could go in the Places I Go Over and Over section as well!

I find myself watching stupid things that I love whenever I flick by them on TV. Overboard, Legally Blonde, and Sixteen Candles come to mind, and of course My Cousin Vinny which I can't call stupid because it's brilliant.
Hmmmmm, I wonder if mini will respond to this thread?

MarleysGh0st

#73 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 30, 2008 8:19 am

minimetoo26 wrote:I'll say beast, Marley and Rexer
Did anyone else express concern when you disappeared off the face of the Earth for four weeks?

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#74 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:20 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Did anyone else express concern when you disappeared off the face of the Earth for four weeks?

Concern? Who was concerned...!?!?!?!?

:P

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#75 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 30, 2008 8:22 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

Concern? Who was concerned...!?!?!?!?
Don't try to deny it!