Reports of the Pens' Demise Ruled "Premature"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
KillerTomato

Reports of the Pens' Demise Ruled "Premature"

#1 Post by KillerTomato » Wed May 28, 2008 9:09 pm

GREAT game tonight, and not just cuz the 'guins won. It was just fun to watch.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

BigDrawMan

#2 Post by BigDrawMan » Wed May 28, 2008 9:18 pm

i am exhausted

i hope the pens learned that every player has to exceed the wings' intensity every shift.

jeemie, not surprisingly, gave up
he belongs in philly

Jeemie

#3 Post by Jeemie » Wed May 28, 2008 9:23 pm

BigDrawMan wrote:i am exhausted

i hope the pens learned that every player has to exceed the wings' intensity every shift.

he belongs in philly
They still gotta win one in Detroit with it's boomeranging boards.

We'll see.

Exciting game, though- that was the type of game I was expecting there would be a lot of this series.

Let's hope it continues.
1979 City of Champions 2009

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:32 pm

Musta been a great game -- some of us were still yelling "We winned!" long after others of us got home from two meetings and a trip to the grocery store.

No, not Yeti.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: Reports of the Pens' Demise Ruled "Premature"

#5 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:46 am

KillerTomato wrote:GREAT game tonight, and not just cuz the 'guins won. It was just fun to watch.
I shoulda read this thread first or at least watche SportsCenter.....
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:01 am

Jeemie wrote:
BigDrawMan wrote:i am exhausted

he belongs in philly
They still gotta win one in Detroit with it's boomeranging boards.

We'll see.

Exciting game, though- that was the type of game I was expecting there would be a lot of this series.

Let's hope it continues.
You are a bad fan

bad

bad

bad fan

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:02 am

bad

fan

kusch

#8 Post by kusch » Thu May 29, 2008 4:04 am

Premature, but still demised.

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:21 am

kusch wrote:Premature, but still demised.
You are not a fan at all.

Jeemie

#10 Post by Jeemie » Thu May 29, 2008 6:55 am

peacock2121 wrote:You are a bad fan

bad

bad

bad fan
Sorry- too many Pitsburgh disappointments over the past nearly two decades to make me drink the Kool-Aid.

Pirates- NLCS losses from 1990-92...and '92 ripped my heart out (DAMN you, Barry Bonds! You couldn't even put a throw on target to nail Sid Bream- a guy with NO KNEES?!?!?!?!?!?)

Steelers- every year under Bill Cowher until '05. His team lost to the Chargers- the friggin' San Diego Chargers- in an AFCCG.

Penguins- lost to the Islanders in 1993 after having won the President's Trophy, and the to the Florida Panthers- the friggin' Florida Panthers- in 1996.

I'd rather be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised rather than the other way around now!

Jeemie

#11 Post by Jeemie » Thu May 29, 2008 6:55 am

peacock2121 wrote:
You are not a fan at all.
He might be a Red Wings' fan.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#12 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am

I've got dinner on the plate for ya, just in case.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Jeemie

#13 Post by Jeemie » Thu May 29, 2008 6:57 am

peacock2121 wrote: You are a bad fan

bad

bad

bad fan

gsabc

#14 Post by gsabc » Thu May 29, 2008 7:10 am

I would rather watch a hockey game like that one, where I don't have any team to root for, than nearly any pro basketball game. I watched the first five minutes of the Celtics-Pistons last night. I turned over to the hockey game after one player (don't know who, and don't know which team) collected a rebound, dribbled into the halfcourt with his entire team setting up, and with 18 seconds left on the 24-second clock, stopped and put up a 3-pointer.

If I wanted to see a game of HORSE, I'd stop by the local playground. PLAY THE GAME AS A TEAM AND STOP BEING SO SELFISH!!!! You want the game to be exciting again? Change the rules so three-pointers don't exist until the last five minutes of the game. Teams will have to play as teams for the entire game, assists will go up, and play will get interesting again. Shooting from long range when you don't have to should not be rewarded.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

peacock2121

#15 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:23 am

Jeemie wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:You are a bad fan

bad

bad

bad fan
Sorry- too many Pitsburgh disappointments over the past nearly two decades to make me drink the Kool-Aid.

Pirates- NLCS losses from 1990-92...and '92 ripped my heart out (DAMN you, Barry Bonds! You couldn't even put a throw on target to nail Sid Bream- a guy with NO KNEES?!?!?!?!?!?)

Steelers- every year under Bill Cowher until '05. His team lost to the Chargers- the friggin' San Diego Chargers- in an AFCCG.

Penguins- lost to the Islanders in 1993 after having won the President's Trophy, and the to the Florida Panthers- the friggin' Florida Panthers- in 1996.

I'd rather be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised rather than the other way around now!
exactly - which, in my book, makes you a bad fan.

Not a bad person, a bad fan.

mellytu74

#16 Post by mellytu74 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:11 am

A very exciting game.

Entertaining and fun to watch.

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

#17 Post by etaoin22 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:39 pm

best game by far I have watched this playoff cycle. The Wings have played together for so long and are so fast, they remind me of the Soviets of the seventies, and they have something different this year -- they used to sometimes assume the playoff games would go like regular season against St. Louis and Chicago, and they could mail it in. Not this year. So, As BDM said, in response, intensity on every shift, and then when Sid gets the puck, a balance is attained.

. NB the series is finishing several weeks ahead of last year, and does not have the skating thtough the primeval swamp they called ice at Anaheim, which killed the Sens.

BigDrawMan

#18 Post by BigDrawMan » Thu May 29, 2008 9:20 pm

etaoin22 wrote:best game by far I have watched this playoff cycle. The Wings have played together for so long and are so fast, they remind me of the Soviets of the seventies, and they have something different this year -- they used to sometimes assume the playoff games would go like regular season against St. Louis and Chicago, and they could mail it in.
--------------

ha! I was tellin apeboy that they looked like the old Russkie teams from their Evil Empire days.

Not this year. So, As BDM said, in response, intensity on every shift, and then when Sid gets the puck, a balance is attained.
----------------
I yelled at Sid and told him that he was always the best player on the ice, aand had to do the breaking thru.
Before his goal, everyone was playing tentative and like they dint want to be the one who made a mistake instead of the one who made the big play.After his second goal, the rest of the team found their courage.It is difficult to find your courage the first time you play the best team in the finals.
Hopefully they can keep it.

. NB the series is finishing several weeks ahead of last year, and does not have the skating thtough the primeval swamp they called ice at Anaheim, which killed the Sens.

---------------
a detroit newshack said the Sens lost because the West is a Vastly superior conference.