Disneyland restaraunts--any recommendations?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
reeg2223

Disneyland restaraunts--any recommendations?

#1 Post by reeg2223 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:03 pm

We're going to Disneyland this summer after having a great visit to WDW in 2007. I have a question. Are there good restaraunts around the 2 CA parks like they have in Florida, or are the choices quite limited? We enjoyed the Crystal Buffet, the Animal Parks's African restaraunt and many places in Epcot. Anything that good in CA? Do I need to make reservations before we go? Thanks! :?:

PlacentiaSoccerMom

Re: Disneyland restaraunts--any recommendations?

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed May 28, 2008 10:40 pm

reeg2223 wrote:We're going to Disneyland this summer after having a great visit to WDW in 2007. I have a question. Are there good restaraunts around the 2 CA parks like they have in Florida, or are the choices quite limited? We enjoyed the Crystal Buffet, the Animal Parks's African restaraunt and many places in Epcot. Anything that good in CA? Do I need to make reservations before we go? Thanks! :?:
How much do you want to spend?

We love the Napa Rose, but that usually ends up costing $100 a person with very good wines. (It's at the Grand Californian.)

The Blue Bayou at Disneyland is ok, but I think that it's slightly overpriced.

I think that the food at California Adventure is better, plus you can get wine with dinner. I would totally recommend the Vineyard room above the Wine Country Trattoria.

Downtown Disney has a lot of nice places to eat. We love Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, our favorite dessert is the Bananas Foster. (It flaming.) You can't go wrong with Naples Ristorante and Pizzeria which also has inexpensive slices at lunch and a really nice deli or Catal, which is pricey. There is a House of Blues, which is hit or miss, Rainforest Cafe and an ESPN Zone.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 pm

They also have character dining experiences, but we don't partake since somebody gets annoyed by the characters.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed May 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Here's some links to the character breakfasts:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyl ... DiningPage

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyl ... DiningPage

We did Goofy's Kitchen once and the food was good. If you want regular breakfast at Disneyland, the Carnation Cafe serves a nice meal and Cafe Orleans has beignets.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 29, 2008 5:50 am

My favorite is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. The name of the open-air place in the middle of a circle near there and the House of Blues escapes me but it has pretty good food too. The jambalaya at the HoB is great too.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

reeg2223

#6 Post by reeg2223 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:15 am

Can I assume that all the Disney restaraunts have kid menus?
Napa Rose sounds great, but the child may be too much for a classy joint. I will check out some of the other suggestions. Do I need reservations for a group of 3?

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu May 29, 2008 7:59 am

reeg2223 wrote:Can I assume that all the Disney restaraunts have kid menus?
Napa Rose sounds great, but the child may be too much for a classy joint. I will check out some of the other suggestions. Do I need reservations for a group of 3?
My girls love the Napa Rose's kids menu, it has Prime Rib on it.

How old is the child?

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#8 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:05 am

Bob Juch wrote:My favorite is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. The name of the open-air place in the middle of a circle near there and the House of Blues escapes me but it has pretty good food too. The jambalaya at the HoB is great too.
Catal restaurant and Uva Bar:

http://www.anaheimoc.org/member_details ... berID=4231

And there's a child's menu.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 29, 2008 8:10 am

reeg2223 wrote:Can I assume that all the Disney restaraunts have kid menus?
You can find all the Disneyland restaurant menus at AllEars.Net

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 29, 2008 8:10 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:My favorite is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. The name of the open-air place in the middle of a circle near there and the House of Blues escapes me but it has pretty good food too. The jambalaya at the HoB is great too.
Catal restaurant and Uva Bar:

http://www.anaheimoc.org/member_details ... berID=4231

And there's a child's menu.
Yes, the Uva Bar! I don't like Catal's ambiance.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

reeg2223

#11 Post by reeg2223 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:49 pm

My son is 13, but he's autistic and has a limited menu (chicken fingers, burgers, pizza, pb&j).
The link to the menus should help. Thanks!