top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Thu May 29, 2008 6:07 am

Yesterday's training class was interesting, not because of the subject matter, nor the teacher, but because all of the attendees were so young. I felt like Methuselah. It was also interesting to watch the dynamic among the group - what I would have called "flirtatious behavior" but which I suspect they would have considered normal. It truly is a changing world.

elwing received a brief e-mail message from our sons - they were staying at a hostel in Berlin. The hostel had Internet access so they decided to let us know they were doing OK.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 29, 2008 6:54 am

earendel wrote:Yesterday's training class was interesting
But what did you call the class? Did you use the possessive or adjectival form? :)
earendel wrote:elwing received a brief e-mail message from our sons - they were staying at a hostel in Berlin. The hostel had Internet access so they decided to let us know they were doing OK.
Hey, we can have a new game: Where's elros and elrohir? 8)

What city did they fly into?

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Thu May 29, 2008 7:29 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:Yesterday's training class was interesting
But what did you call the class? Did you use the possessive or adjectival form? :)
earendel wrote:elwing received a brief e-mail message from our sons - they were staying at a hostel in Berlin. The hostel had Internet access so they decided to let us know they were doing OK.
Hey, we can have a new game: Where's elros and elrohir? 8)

What city did they fly into?
Given my lack of knowledge about my own travel plans, you'll be surprised to hear that I actually know this. They flew from Louisville to Cleveland, and then from Cleveland to London (Heathrow). They bummed around London for two days, then took the Chunnel to France and then to Brussels. From there it was Amsterdam, and then Berlin.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 29, 2008 7:42 am

earendel wrote: Given my lack of knowledge about my own travel plans, you'll be surprised to hear that I actually know this.
Good for you, ear! :)
earendel wrote: They flew from Louisville to Cleveland, and then from Cleveland to London (Heathrow). They bummed around London for two days, then took the Chunnel to France and then to Brussels. From there it was Amsterdam, and then Berlin.
They just started the trip last week, right? They've been covering a lot of ground!

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#5 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:49 am

earendel wrote:Yesterday's training class was interesting, not because of the subject matter, nor the teacher, but because all of the attendees were so young. I felt like Methuselah. It was also interesting to watch the dynamic among the group - what I would have called "flirtatious behavior" but which I suspect they would have considered normal. It truly is a changing world.

elwing received a brief e-mail message from our sons - they were staying at a hostel in Berlin. The hostel had Internet access so they decided to let us know they were doing OK.
So they were flirting with you? What would elwing say?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Thu May 29, 2008 9:35 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
earendel wrote:Yesterday's training class was interesting, not because of the subject matter, nor the teacher, but because all of the attendees were so young. I felt like Methuselah. It was also interesting to watch the dynamic among the group - what I would have called "flirtatious behavior" but which I suspect they would have considered normal. It truly is a changing world.

So they were flirting with you? What would elwing say?
No, with each other. :lol: