We're all gonna die!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Chicken Little
Merry Man

We're all gonna die!

#1 Post by Chicken Little » Thu May 29, 2008 6:44 am

NellyLunatic1980

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:47 am

I'm sure that Deceased Equus has something to say about this...

earendel

Re: We're all gonna die!

#3 Post by earendel » Thu May 29, 2008 6:53 am

Chicken Little wrote:Find out when you SHOULD die
Looks like I should have died 32 years ago.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Jeemie

#4 Post by Jeemie » Thu May 29, 2008 7:00 am

What a pinko commie website.

:lol:
1979 City of Champions 2009

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:27 am

I outlived myself.

They can bite me.

andrewjackson

#6 Post by andrewjackson » Thu May 29, 2008 9:14 am

I wonder how they determined what my "fair share of Earth's resources" is? First of all, what resources are they considering? Petrochemicals were an Earth resource for millenia before humans figured out any way to use them. What was a caveman's fair share of that resource? There are probably lots of resources that I'm not using at all. There is a huge amount of sunlight energy striking the Earth and I'm using a tiny fraction of that. There are billions of tons of sand on Earth. I can't believe I'm using any appreciable fraction of that "resource". Sunlight and sand could very easily turn out to be the petrochemicals of the future. For now, though, y'all can have my shares of those.

And then there's the second part of the equation, "fair share". I suppose they might be able to figure out what my average or typical share would be but "fair"?

I think its "fair" that I get all the resources I require and that y'all get nuthin'. Sounds "fair" to me. From each according to his abilities and to each according to his needs, right? I've some pretty tremendous "needs".
No matter where you go, there you are.

Chicken Little
Merry Man

#7 Post by Chicken Little » Thu May 29, 2008 10:01 am

andrewjackson wrote:I wonder how they determined what my "fair share of Earth's resources" is? First of all, what resources are they considering? Petrochemicals were an Earth resource for millenia before humans figured out any way to use them. What was a caveman's fair share of that resource? There are probably lots of resources that I'm not using at all. There is a huge amount of sunlight energy striking the Earth and I'm using a tiny fraction of that. There are billions of tons of sand on Earth. I can't believe I'm using any appreciable fraction of that "resource". Sunlight and sand could very easily turn out to be the petrochemicals of the future. For now, though, y'all can have my shares of those.

And then there's the second part of the equation, "fair share". I suppose they might be able to figure out what my average or typical share would be but "fair"?

I think its "fair" that I get all the resources I require and that y'all get nuthin'. Sounds "fair" to me. From each according to his abilities and to each according to his needs, right? I've some pretty tremendous "needs".
I get by on chickenfeed, but I'm afraid they are going to have to build a time machine and kill Al's Great Great Grand Parents.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#8 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:16 am

andrewjackson wrote:I wonder how they determined what my "fair share of Earth's resources" is? First of all, what resources are they considering? Petrochemicals were an Earth resource for millenia before humans figured out any way to use them. What was a caveman's fair share of that resource? There are probably lots of resources that I'm not using at all. There is a huge amount of sunlight energy striking the Earth and I'm using a tiny fraction of that. There are billions of tons of sand on Earth. I can't believe I'm using any appreciable fraction of that "resource". Sunlight and sand could very easily turn out to be the petrochemicals of the future. For now, though, y'all can have my shares of those.

I'll take you up on your offer. Can you send that sand and sunlight to St. Tropez?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Al Gore
Merry Man

#9 Post by Al Gore » Thu May 29, 2008 11:46 am

Chicken Little wrote:

I get by on chickenfeed, but I'm afraid they are going to have to build a time machine and kill Al's Great Great Grand Parents.

And just where would we all be now without the internet? Did you think about that, hmmm?

You've been staring up into that sky so much, my little friend, that the sun has fried your.... whatever you chickens have in your heads....

TheBountyOfMyBucket
Merry Man

#10 Post by TheBountyOfMyBucket » Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 am

Al Gore wrote:whatever you chickens have in your heads....

We refer to them on the menu as nuggets....

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#11 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:49 am

TheBountyOfMyBucket wrote:

If they're Irish, are they mcnuggets?

andrewjackson

#12 Post by andrewjackson » Thu May 29, 2008 12:15 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:

Irish? McNuggets are available at that fine Scottish restaurant.

You know, McDonalds.

Actual movie quote:

H.G. Wells: This is delicious, far superior to that Scottish place I breakfasted.
Amy Robbins: Scottish?
H.G. Wells: MacDougalls.

(I could have sworn he actually said "MacDonalds" in the movie but IMDB says it was MacDougalls. I've been misquoting this movie for a long time.)

Anybody know the movie?

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#13 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:18 pm

andrewjackson wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

You know, McDonalds.

Actual movie quote:

H.G. Wells: This is delicious, far superior to that Scottish place I breakfasted.

(I could have sworn he actually said "MacDonalds" in the movie but IMDB says it was MacDougalls. I've been misquoting this movie for a long time.)

Anybody know the movie?
Time After Time? And I thought "Mc" was Irish and "Mac" was Scottish.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#14 Post by silvercamaro » Thu May 29, 2008 12:24 pm

andrewjackson wrote:
Anybody know the movie?
My guess is The Time Machine.

NellyLunatic1980

#15 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:26 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:

Nope. They'd be called O'Nuggets.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#16 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 pm

From the MBFFB® archive.... 3/2/06:

$1,000
Meaning "son of," the prefix "Mc" is commonly found in the surnames of people from which of these nations?

A: Poland B: Germany
C: Italy D: Ireland

And here I was thinking Scotland. Silly me....

lb13

Jeemie

#17 Post by Jeemie » Thu May 29, 2008 12:54 pm

As usual, when I see threads with a plethora of MMs in them, I wonder how many of them are the same person talking to him(her)self.
1979 City of Champions 2009

andrewjackson

#18 Post by andrewjackson » Thu May 29, 2008 12:58 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
andrewjackson wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote: If they're Irish, are they mcnuggets?

You know, McDonalds.

Actual movie quote:

Anybody know the movie?
Time After Time? And I thought "Mc" was Irish and "Mac" was Scottish.
"Time After Time" is the movie.

There is no hard and fast rule on Mc versus Mac. Both are English versions of the Gaelic word for "son". And Donal is a Gaelic name used in both Scotland and Ireland. The Scoti group of Celts started in Ireland and migrated to Scotland. Clan Donald started in Ireland and the western islands of what is now Scotland. Descendants of that clan live in both Ireland and Scotland so there are McDonalds and MacDonalds in and from both places. Although much rarer in Scotland, there are "Os" in both places as well since the "O" is Gaelic for grandson.

I just always say McDonalds is Scottish because of the line in the movie.

Some research shows that the original McDonald brothers who owned the store that Ray Kroc bought and then franchised were descendants of Irish immigrants. There are some claims that the family actually originated in Scotland but in any event they were in Ireland for a while before coming to America.

NellyLunatic1980

#19 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:59 pm

Jeemie wrote:As usual, when I see threads with a plethora of MMs in them, I wonder how many of them are the same person talking to him(her)self.
If you knew who was who, you would know who was talking to himself or herself. I know who's who, but I'll never tell. :wink:

MM 500
Merry Man

#20 Post by MM 500 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:59 pm

Jeemie wrote:As usual, when I see threads with a plethora of MMs in them, I wonder how many of them are the same person talking to him(her)self.
You'll never know for sure.

IMHO, I think there are 2 BBs posting as MM in this thread. Well, 3, now.

And I always thought you were a MM for booch...

Crazy Raspberry Aunts
Merry Man

#21 Post by Crazy Raspberry Aunts » Thu May 29, 2008 1:00 pm

How do we know you are real? Care for some wine?
Houston we have a problem

Psycho Beast
Merry Man

#22 Post by Psycho Beast » Thu May 29, 2008 1:02 pm

Come on! Nobody around here does that....

1OfLBsMerryMen
Merry Man

#23 Post by 1OfLBsMerryMen » Thu May 29, 2008 1:03 pm

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
If you knew who was who, you would know who was talking to himself or herself. I know who's who, but I'll never tell. :wink:

OK, who am I smartypants?

Timothy Treadwell
Merry Man

#24 Post by Timothy Treadwell » Thu May 29, 2008 1:05 pm

1OfLBsMerryMen wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote:

I can bearly remember who I am.

Scott Norwood
Merry Man

#25 Post by Scott Norwood » Thu May 29, 2008 1:07 pm

Timothy Treadwell wrote:
1OfLBsMerryMen wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote: If you knew who was who, you would know who was talking to himself or herself. I know who's who, but I'll never tell. :wink:

I can bearly remember who I am.

Didn't you used to kick for the Broncos?
D'oh! Wide right!