I'm not taking the Eastern time zone J! test next year...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Kazoo65

I'm not taking the Eastern time zone J! test next year...

#1 Post by Kazoo65 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:46 pm

I was just reading the J! bored, and someone mentioned that they got an e-mail for Cleveland on June 10th-that's in about 2 weeks. Guess who signed up for Cleveland (second choice, first was Chicago) and didn't get an e-mail???

Me. :(

I think I'll sign up for the Central time zone test next year, maybe it will be easier than the Eastern time zone test-I must have done bad on it for them NOT to invite me to the auditions!
I'm just a game show nerd.

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:52 pm

good idea!

MarleysGh0st

Re: I'm not taking the Eastern time zone J! test next year..

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Kazoo65 wrote: I think I'll sign up for the Central time zone test next year, maybe it will be easier than the Eastern time zone test-I must have done bad on it for them NOT to invite me to the auditions!
Do you remember how well you did on the test? (I know I did pretty badly.) You might have passed the test but just didn't win the random drawing for an audition slot from among all the passers who selected Cleveland as one of their options.

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm

I'm not holding out hope for Boston. Too much competition, and I only got a 30 or thereabouts.

My successful SyndieBAM audition will make up for it. :D
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:05 pm

gsabc wrote: My successful SyndieBAM audition will make up for it. :D
exactly!

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#6 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:15 pm

Not adding anything to the conversation other than padding my post count, but my normal Wednesday night live trivia bar was closed for the night due to filming. So I went to O'Briens in Santa Monica (on Main St.).

http://www.obrienspubquiz.com/

Anyway, I joined a team which consisted of Mark (MIT/Boston and a five time J! champion from 2001) and his wife and my friend Melissa (Greed teammate). We waited for Jerome Vered, but alas, when he finally arrived the room was so crowded he never saw us and joined another team. I'd like to say we did well but I can't. It was fun but I think I'll continue to be the big fish in my small pond downtown. Plus I save on gas.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

slam

Re: I'm not taking the Eastern time zone J! test next year..

#7 Post by slam » Thu May 29, 2008 3:34 pm

Kazoo65 wrote:I was just reading the J! bored, and someone mentioned that they got an e-mail for Cleveland on June 10th-that's in about 2 weeks. Guess who signed up for Cleveland (second choice, first was Chicago) and didn't get an e-mail???

Me. :(

I think I'll sign up for the Central time zone test next year, maybe it will be easier than the Eastern time zone test-I must have done bad on it for them NOT to invite me to the auditions!
Presumably, you have a good idea as to whether you passed the test or not. IIRC, you've passed it a number of other times so I have no reason to believe you didn't this time also.

On the other hand, actually getting into an audition requires two steps: passing the test and being randomly selected. I don't see how which test you took has anything to do with the 2nd of those criteria.