R.I.P. Harvey Korman

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

R.I.P. Harvey Korman

#1 Post by kayrharris » Thu May 29, 2008 4:50 pm

Just heard it on Nightly News. I think they said he was 81.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:53 pm

I loved him.

81 is too young for him to go.

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:56 pm

This makes me sad. He was a comic genius.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#4 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Aw crap.

I loved watching him and Tim Conway together. Korman could never keep a straight face. Then you'd crack up just watching Korman fall apart. Conway said that Korman was no challenge at all to bust up.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Thu May 29, 2008 4:59 pm

He was great. As t_bone noted, he was even funnier when he was trying not to laugh at everybody else.

I will miss him. I'm glad there are video tapes and DVDs to keep him from being forgotten by future generations.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:06 pm

I never watched the Carol Burnett show, and I still admit he was an awesome comedy talent. Way fun.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Fri May 30, 2008 5:27 am

silvercamaro wrote:He was great. As t_bone noted, he was even funnier when he was trying not to laugh at everybody else.

I will miss him. I'm glad there are video tapes and DVDs to keep him from being forgotten by future generations.
There are also YouTube videos - not very many :cry: and not the best quality, but they do include the GTTW sketch and several with Harvey and Tim Conway.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

hf_jai

#8 Post by hf_jai » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:18 am

I was never a big fan of the Carol Burnett show. I saw it sometimes, but it was just ok, not something I'd go out of my way to watch.

But I became a Harvey Korman fan watching him on the Danny Kaye Show. Wednesday nights were special, with Red Skelton, Dick Van Dyke and then Danny Kaye. Our whole family watched together, even tho it probably went on past my bed time, at least at first.

There's not a lot of info on the web about that show, and I couldn't find any video clips or DVDs for sale. But Danny Kaye was a great entertainer and Harvey Korman generally held his own in the comedy bits. That's saying something.