top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Fri May 30, 2008 5:36 am

It was not a good day for the elvish clan yesterday. At noon elwing broke off part of a tooth at lunch and had to go to the dentist for an emergency root canal. She left work early, had the procedure done, and then went home after stopping by the pharmacy for an antibiotic and a painkiller. The painkiller was vicoprofen, which did her very little good at all; she complained about being in pain all evening, and if elwing is complaining I know that it's really painful. I suppose the combination of hydrocodone and ibuprofen is supposed to help, but ibuprofen has never done anything for elwing in terms of pain relief. So she's going to call the dentist this morning and try to get something different.

And when I got home I found my third son, the married one, in a blood-spattered T-shirt and bandages around two of his fingers. It seems that he and his wife had stopped by the house to do some work in our backyard (something they and elwing had discussed previously). My son (elladan) managed to slice two of his fingers with an electric hedge trimmer, requiring a trip to the hospital and twelve stitches.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:39 am

Goodness. Enough of medical issues. Have everyone be safe and healthy at least until Labor Day.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 30, 2008 6:57 am

Double ouch! :shock:

I hope they both find some pain medication that works.