QoD May 30, 2008 Jeopardy! "Beautiful" Movies

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

#26 Post by fantine33 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:31 am

andrewjackson wrote:
fantine33 wrote:I've come to two conclusions so far
Spoiler
Nelly is the only one who has watched as many Preston Sturges and/or Betty Grable movies as I have and andrewjackson is the only one who watches the gay channel as much as I do.
Spoiler
The gay channel shows "The Most Beautiful Gun in the West"? I guess they might.
Ha! That's funny. I didn't even notice your response to that question before, but I'll pretend I was talking about that one.

mellytu74

#27 Post by mellytu74 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:59 am

Sorry I am coming late to this but have limited work access and I just crashed when I got home.
Spoiler

What is A Beautiful Mind?

What is Life is Beautiful?

What is Crazy/Beautiful?

What is Beautiful Girls?

What is My Beautiful Laundrette?

DD - I risk everything to make it a true DD

What is The Beautiful Blonde from Baseful Bend?

JBillyGirl

Re: QoD May 30, 2008 Jeopardy! "Beautiful" Movies

#28 Post by JBillyGirl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:36 am

Spoiler
4 pts: Ron Howard won an Oscar for Best Director, and Russell Crowe was nominated for Best Actor for this 2001 film based on a true story. -- A Beautiful Mind

8 pts: This 1997 movie marked the second time an actor had won a Best Actor Oscar for directing himself, and also the second time an acting Oscar had been given for a performance completely in Italian. -- Life Is Beautiful

12 pts: The title of this 2001 Kirsten Dunst vehicle about an out-of-control rich girl who falls for a Latino boy from the wrong side of the tracks probably refers to the two attributes of the girl that keep the boy hanging around. -- pass

16 pts: The title characters of this 1996 movie include Annabeth Gish, Martha Plimpton, and Natalie Portman, who plays a 13-year-old girl that Timothy Hutton develops a crush on. EWWWWWWWW!!!!! -- Beautiful Girls?

20 pts: Despite the title, this nifty little mid-1980s movie which starred Gordon Warnecke and Daniel Day-Lewis, is not a "soap" opera. -- pass

I also pass on the Daily Double, given how weakly I did with the main questions.
Edited to spoilerize.

mrkelley23

QoD Points/Standings thru 5/30/08

#29 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:51 pm

Points/Standings thru Game #1

Yes, tan, it did add up to 120 (sigh). I had originally intended to go up by 3s, and for some reason changed at the last minute to 4s, and didn’t adjust my total. And the sigh’s not for you, it’s for me, because I even (I thought) triple-checked my math right before I hit post, and still came up with the wrong number somehow.

Melly 120
KT 96
Fanny 60
Nelly 48
Tgirl 40
Aj 33
Pea 28
Jbg 28
Tbone 24
Jarnon 20
Bob#s 18
Tmitsss 16
Tan 14
AnnieC 12
Marley 12
Jai 6
LFHP 6
Etaoin 4
EvilSquirrel 4
Wintergreen 0
Catfish 0
HotSeatorBust 0
Kroxquo 0
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman