top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:27 am

"Frosty, man, frosty!" That line from an old root beer commercial describes this morning - frost warnings throughout the area. In my area it was 36 degrees. The bus ran late and I figured I'd get to work late, but it made up for lost time by zooming along the route. When I got to the office it was locked up and all the lights were out. In fact the lights in the hallway were on "weekend" level also (only one of every three fluorescent lights were illuminated) so it was a little spooky. I'm not usually the first to arrive, and it was ten minutes before the next person did.

Another not-so-relaxing weekend - elwing had another craft show (this one at our church and she was a co-sponsor) while I had choir practice for a service that would involve four neighborhood church choirs - each choir sings a solo piece and there are combined numbers also. Then Sunday it was church, lunch, then back to church for handbell rehearsal (we were playing a piece for the service also), then a final choral runthrough and the service itself. The service was wonderful but by the time it was over I was exhausted. I'm glad to be back at my desk where I can do simple stuff like database queries.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:33 am

earendel wrote:"Frosty, man, frosty!" That line from an old root beer commercial describes this morning - frost warnings throughout the area. In my area it was 36 degrees.
So you didn't actually get any frost. We did.

Heck, it's nearly November. We could be getting snow.

earendel

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#3 Post by earendel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:35 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:"Frosty, man, frosty!" That line from an old root beer commercial describes this morning - frost warnings throughout the area. In my area it was 36 degrees.
So you didn't actually get any frost. We did.

Heck, it's nearly November. We could be getting snow.
We didn't get any in our area, but the radio did report that some outlying areas did. Our subdivision is nestled between an interstate highway and a major thoroughfare so we have a sort of "urban heat island" thing going.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#4 Post by cindy.wellman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:16 pm

I was speaking with a friend who lives at Luke AFB in AZ this morning. She surprised me when she said she had to log off to go do her errands before it got in the 100s. Egads!