Welcome clem21

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mikehardware

Welcome clem21

#1 Post by mikehardware » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi! I saw your good news in the Audition thread. I also auditioned on the 15th (at 5) and got to tape, but no waving for me. I've got no hard data on the odds of getting pulled out of the pool, but they're probably pretty good. Glad to have you here!

clem21
Nose Exploder

#2 Post by clem21 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:56 pm

Thanks a lot and congrats, I was at that audition, unfortunately I'm really bad with faces but I was the college kid so I probably stood out a little. I'm amazed that they actually liked me...

mikehardware

#3 Post by mikehardware » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:06 pm

clem21 wrote:I was the college kid so I probably stood out a little..
I think I remember you, I got to chat with you briefly. I'm the guy who wore a flannel shirt. If I'm remembering correctly, this was your first audition. You've certainly got an outgoing personality, and it doesn't hurt to be college age for this show. No postcard for me yet.

There's certainly lots of Millionaire experience on this Bored, so if there's anything you would like to know, just ask. Someone can probably help.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#4 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:14 pm

Welcome, Clem, and congratulations for getting the Happy Card!

I saw that you asked in another thread what your chances for getting the call might be from here. I'm not sure anybody outside the show's staff knows for sure, but they certainly are better than good. Since you live in or near NYC (given that Bryant Park is one of the four places you visit regularly,) there's a possibility that you might be called with fairly short notice, so you should be optimistic and begin soon to line up possible members of your phone-a-friend team.

Good luck! We hope you will stick around here and keep us posted.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:19 pm

Yay Clem!

Good luck!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

clem21
Nose Exploder

#6 Post by clem21 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:30 pm

Thanks for all the support guys! I'm glad I found this forum
Oh...and what does "WE" stand for?

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:33 pm

clem21 wrote:Thanks for all the support guys! I'm glad I found this forum
It stands for "what else" or "where else." Many young and telegenic actors and actresses from NYC are picked to play Millionaire apparently based on their youth, enthusiasm, and willingness to do just about anything to get on camera, not because of their love for trivia (or a lovely one-day paycheck).
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:50 pm

clem21 wrote:Thanks for all the support guys! I'm glad I found this forum
Congratulations! It's not too early, by the way, to start thinking about PAFs (phone-a-friends). There are a large number of experienced, very willing volunteers right here. For example, I've served on 20 different occasions.

We're also reasonably well organized in that respect. Bixby created a "knowledge" list that permits potential PAFs to self-assess their areas of strength and weakness. That will help you assess your own weaknesses and pick PAFs who can help you with them.

Welcome to the Bored! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#9 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:10 am

clem21 wrote:Thanks a lot and congrats, I was at that audition, unfortunately I'm really bad with faces but I was the college kid so I probably stood out a little. I'm amazed that they actually liked me...
Welcome indeed! It will be nice to have someone to cheer for - happy cards have been few and far between of late. Be sure you let us know when you tape, and, as Bob said, it's not too late to start thinking about PAFs.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

clem21
Nose Exploder

#10 Post by clem21 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks for thehelp everyone. One question, how can I find bixby's PAF "knowledge" list?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:35 am

clem21 wrote:Thanks for thehelp everyone. One question, how can I find bixby's PAF "knowledge" list?
In case she doesn't see this thread, I suggest you send her (Bixby17) a PM with your e-mail asking her for it. I have a copy as well, filled out with my own (two-year-old) self-assessment which I'd be happy to share. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

AlphaDummy
Mr. Top Ten

#12 Post by AlphaDummy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:22 pm

Welcome aboard, Clem - and congrats on the good news! Hopefully, there will be even better news coming from you very soon.

And stick around. You will soon discover (if you haven't already) that we are mostly harmless...
"Again" - Herb Brooks (as played by Kurt Russell)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#13 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:25 pm

AlphaDummy wrote:Welcome aboard, Clem - and congrats on the good news! Hopefully, there will be even better news coming from you very soon.

And stick around. You will soon discover (if you haven't already) that we are mostly harmless...
Except for those stick wielding hockey cheeseheads.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

AlphaDummy
Mr. Top Ten

#14 Post by AlphaDummy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:37 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
<THWAP>

Okay...I'll go off and rest for ten minutes now... :twisted:
"Again" - Herb Brooks (as played by Kurt Russell)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#15 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:47 pm

AlphaDummy wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
<THWAP>

Okay...I'll go off and rest for ten minutes now... :twisted:
don't make me go and get the Hanson brothers.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.